Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Boldly going.
The gods must be crazy
7/10.
There are some claims that this is the biggest hit to come out of Africa. The slapstick and satire is hilarious. Some of the photography is poor quality and cheesy (particularly the sped-up bits).
The short doc on the DVD is worth watching: It explains some of the controversy and how the lead actor felt about it, as he looked back on the experience.

Unregistered User
The gods must be crazy
7/10.
There are some claims that this is the biggest hit to come out of Africa. The slapstick and satire is hilarious. Some of the photography is poor quality and cheesy (particularly the sped-up bits).
The short doc on the DVD is worth watching: It explains some of the controversy and how the lead actor felt about it, as he looked back on the experience.

Anybody think this looks like Willem Defoe??

First time I felt the Disneyness in a Marvel movie, and it felt empty. Also, while I haven't seen the previous 2 spider-man movies, the humanity now feels like a throwaway character.

I wanted to stop watching it during the boat scene, but I'm glad I stuck with it because I feel that this movie taught me something inexplicable. It also showed me that these movies are perhaps more cynical than I am about rating this movie.
I feel ya brother.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Pride and Glory. Brutal. Colinn Farrell portrays coldly raging anger so well.

A Voice from the Stone (2017)

Is there a worse actress out there than Emilia Clarke?

Is there a worse actress out there than Emilia Clarke?
She was atrocious in Me Before You.

Simplistic, but not at all bad.

Book is better, but enjoyed this movie. Would never want to watch it again though.

Pride and Glory. Brutal. Colinn Farrell portrays coldly raging anger so well.
I thought Pride and Glory was mehhh. However (not giving away any spoilers), that one scene where Colin Farrell grabs the dudes baby away was very intense.

As far as police dramas go, there's been far far better ones than Pride and Glory.

3/5. It was quite good but the story was very simple. Maybe too much.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
It's a historically-significant film, but so damn dull.
Exactly! Main characters are driving, watching, eating, walking... It last too long.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Loved this movie.
Yeah, I saw few recommendations here and that's why I watched it, but it was disappointment IMO.

Deep Red

+

Thought this was incredible. #1 of the 21 Horror Films i've watched this month so far. After every Italian Horror from this era i've seen i've mentioned that the regular scenes are so alien to me, the characters genuinely don't feel real in any way they are from a different planet. This is despite the horror scenes being amazing but as i've went on i was getting more used to them, there was no need here though. There was some typical dumb horror things but this felt the most like a "real film" to me, something that was actually trying to create a relatable world regardless of supernatural elements; i'm talking about like The Beyond here the supernatural elements isn't what makes that sort of film jarring to me basically. Here i wasn't slogging through the weird drama scenes for the incredible horror sequences, i was genuinely into the silly battle of the sexes storyline and loved that every character was crazy and interesting in their own way and that every one of them could have been the killer, not the mention the crazy great horror sequences. Yeah anyway great film, some ride.

I also watched these if anyone wants my thoughts on anything just ask can't be bothered posting about all of them:

Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
+
The Tingler

Diabolique

The Sacrament

Dead of NIght
-
Dracula: Prince of Darkness
+
Bride of Frankenstein
-
Possession

Kitty Foyle (Sam Wood, 1940)

Entertaining enough tale sponsored by Rob Halford's grandfather.