What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

I used to listen to that album and some of the earlier stuff like Moondawn etc, quite a lot when I had a huge ambient phase. His music really takes me somewhere!
It's funnt, I'm only really gettting into him now. The ambient stuff I normally listen to is Laswell related, usually. Lately, I noticed I've been listening to a lot of Swedish ambient that's more...like this. Tangerine Dream feeling so good the other night made me relook into Schulze, as before I was like "yeah, this is nice, but it's not bassy enough." But I really love the space. It's beautiful!

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Yeah, I got into that whole scene for a while. Great music exploration trails, those. Wow.
What stuff do you like best?

The classical (like I was listening to)
The jazz - Masada/Book of angels included (to varying degrees)
The metal (like Naked City/Moonchild/Simulacrum)
The film soundtracks
The improv stuff
The softer, almost surfy stuff (like the Dreamers/Gnostic trio)
The file card and game pieces (from Cobra to Spillane)

etc, etc.

Any single one of his offshoots is an entire other artists career

Just about everything, to be honest. My favourite's brobably Masada/Book of Angels (and the series, omg!), Naked City, pretty much ALL of it. My first was Spy vs Spy. Kind of the wrong way to get into Zorn, but I tend to take bulls by the horn. And saxophonists, apparently.

(I take it you like Mick Harris too? Scorn, etc?)

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Just about everything, to be honest. My favourite's brobably Masada/Book of Angels (and the series, omg!), Naked City, pretty much ALL of it. My first was Spy vs Spy. Kind of the wrong way to get into Zorn, but I tend to take bulls by the horn. And saxophonists, apparently.

(I take it you like Mick Harris too? Scorn, etc?)
Oh the Ornette Coleman reimagining, that album is sick!

Masada/BOA is divine, that's what I'll say.

Florian Fricke is a ****ing genius, I love all the Popol Vuh albums (that I've heard)
exclude agguire sountrack that my 2nd from them. I like and dug it but I think im more to edgar frose and co in tangerine dream. Love krautrock! Or kosmiche music

exclude agguire sountrack that my 2nd from them. I like and dug it but I think im more to edgar frose and co in tangerine dream. Love krautrock! Or kosmiche music
Any CAN takers?

Any CAN takers?
OH YEAH!!

Daft Punk - Alive 2007

Best live electronic album ever? Possibly! Constant goosebumps-inducer. Outshines all their studio albums.

Whenever I am depressed I turn to KKB and they never fail to make me super happy!