Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Save it for a night when you're hating life.
LOL that good, huh? I never hate life, but sometimes the only way I get a decent sleep on the evil lounge is to watch a super bad movie. I needed this one two nights ago.

This might just do nobody any good.
Hail, Caesar! is so good!

Worth it for Alden Ehrenreich alone but everything from the communists (from Krumholtz bellowing at Clooney to their clueless disappointment at the end) and the absolute deflation of the religious meeting pitch perfect Coen absurdity.

You also got a pretty cool Channing Tatum musical number.

Hail, Caesar! is so good!

Worth it for Alden Ehrenreich alone but everything from the communists (from Krumholtz bellowing at Clooney to their clueless disappointment at the end) and the absolute deflation of the religious meeting pitch perfect Coen absurdity.

You also got a pretty cool Channing Tatum musical number.
It just didn't reasonate with me.

Maybe I'll give it one more chance, and watch it in its entirety.

Very rarely does this happen, but OMG... Last Year at Marienbad.

Last Year of the world and everything in it. Last Year of meaning. You will discover your truer self after attempting this arthouse icon.

operative word: MarienBAD

Oh and I tried watching Gremlins again recently, thought I would love it.

No.

Very rarely does this happen, but OMG... Last Year at Marienbad.
I’ve tried a few times, but never get further than about 10 minutes in.

Raw 2017, such a sick and idiotic piece of filmaking, and totally grotesque and disgusting

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Raw 2017, such a sick and idiotic piece of filmaking, and totally grotesque and disgusting

So not sick, idiotic, grotesque and disgusting in a good way?

(I haven't seen it so I have no opinion on it)

I’ve tried a few times, but never get further than about 10 minutes in.
How are films like that supposed to get you in ten minutes? Why do you even try? Did you know what Last Year In Marienbad was like before you gave it ten minutes to grip you?

It's not a gripping film, it's a film you'd need to invest time in which is not for everyone of course but giving it ten minutes is woefully misunderstanding what you are going into. Like i think you'd have ten times less posts in the "movies you couldn't finish" thread if i gave you a list of films not to try because there's some films that won't work after ten minutes.

So not sick, idiotic, grotesque and disgusting in a good way?

(I haven't seen it so I have no opinion on it)
totally illogical and badly grotesque

I've tried to watch Kill Bill 2 on numerous occasions and got bored (liked the 1st), it's just so draaaaaaged out. Have come to the conclusion it's just not very good. Bob Hoskins used to call good scripts "bum-numbers" as he'd read them on the toilet. If I think about how long is left in a film that's it for me. Out. Ha ha!

Not sure if this counts but it took me 2 attempts to get through Inherent Vice before I managed to finish it on my third try.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

This might just do nobody any good.
Not sure if this counts but it took me 2 attempts to get through Inherent Vice before I managed to finish it on my third try.
There’s a certain point, maybe when Owen Wilson enters the picture, maybe earlier, when it just feels like a different movie altogether. I say this because that’s about the time I paused it in my first viewing and didn’t follow up for another week.

Like there’s enough to digest in that first act and the following two are a flurry of hazy images.

(I love the movie, btw).

Like i think you'd have ten times less posts in the "movies you couldn't finish" thread if i gave you a list of films not to try because there's some films that won't work after ten minutes.
Give me a list clever clogs. Would be interesting to see what’s on your list.

Last Year at Marienbad is one of the most profoundly amusing and affecting movies I have ever seen

....and I complete understand why a lot of people can't get into it. Same goes for Blade Runner.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Weird case for me, as the avant garde is my home with all art (music, film, theater etc) is this:

I can never get through Bergman's Persona in one viewing and the film isn't even long. I love the visuals and find it aesthetically alluring yet why can't I sit there for 80 minutes and lap it up?

(to clarify I have seen it multiple times but never in a single sit)

To add to the irony, I've seen Tarr's Satantango several times without leaving my seat (apart from getting food in the other room)

Love Persona & Satantango, the latter of which I think is the strangest film I’ve ever seen.

I always finish the movies I start to watch. But if it's boring or whatever, I watch it without the sound and at x2 or x4 speed so I get a resume of what happened! I do this also with YouTube videos. I love that speed up the lecture feature!