Harvey Weinstein Fired!!

Tools    

This thread isnt about your opinion of him, and where did I make this thread about me? Stop projecting. To think you want him to shut up about this disgusting practice simply because you dont like him is woeful. Too late, Oliver took a stand where no one else has. Hopefully more of them do.
So only your opinions are valid here? You always take everything so personally & I can see that you are working yourself into a tizzy again. I shall refrain from any further comments about Mr. Oliver so as not to upset you.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
So only your opinions are valid here? You always take everything so personally & I can see that you are working yourself into a tizzy again. I shall refrain from any further comments about Mr. Oliver so as not to upset you.
You make no sense at all. This thread is about weinstein and the rape culture in hollywood and you wanted to go off on a tirade about john oliver.

Maybe when Hollywood starts naming names of pedos like Elijah Wood and the late Corey Haim have claimed. But it is a start.
Yeah, whatever happened to that? I thought that was going to blow up especially when I saw Corey Feldman talking about it on the talk shows circuit, but then it just went away. There have been so many stories over the years regarding some of these people such as Bryan Singer and co.

Also, whatever happened to the shocking radar online article regarding the A-list actor? It just went nowhere.

Yeah, whatever happened to that? I thought that was going to blow up especially when I saw Corey Feldman talking about it on the talk shows circuit, but then it just went away. There have been so many stories over the years regarding some of these people such as Bryan Singer and co.

Also, whatever happened to the shocking radar online article regarding the A-list actor? It just went nowhere.
It all gets swept under the carpet. Look here - shame on Russell Crowe and Matt Damon if this is true. How the hell do a couple of actors shut up Times from exposing that, and what the hell do they get out of it. Would they have shut it up if their kids had been exposed to a filthy egomaniac like that?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...inning-1047262

Well now people are coming forward with rape allegations.

Seems Harvey has gone beyond the casting couch to full sex assault.
Yeah just saw that, and more coming forward to speak out. Good. I'm surprised Angelina Jolie stayed quiet so long.
Still shaking my head Crowe and Damon did that.

Feig going for it. Good on him. Let it rip, dude!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...feig-hollywood

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Oh, I don't think there's too much mystery about it. Increasingly, late night comedy is about getting claps, rather than laughs. That means adopting an ideology (no points for guessing which kind), attracting viewers who share it, and then reinforcing that through confirmation bias.
Yoda, you just perfectly nailed the decline of SNL et al, well done, it was bugging me for the longest time!

As usual, if 10% of the rumours I've heard over the years about Harvey are true, there's plenty more to come. But I also suspect that only the low level stuff will come out without a trial of some sort. There's just too much at stake for too many otherwise.

Makes me wonder where his power was. I mean, not exactly an outstanding array of movies he produced, so he must have had people by the short and curlies elsewhere eg the way he was portrayed in Entourage YOU WILL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN AGAIN!!!

May the dominos keep dropping.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
The Weinstein Co. is also planning to change their name...it hasn't been announced...maybe they will just use the Dimension label since Bob owns it? They can't use Miramax after all since Disney owns it now.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...firing-assault

Skimming through the commentary about Harvey's depression it is mindblowing how many women, yes Women, think his behaviour and control freaks just like him is acceptable. What century is this. How would those women feel if he jumped out in the hallway at work and masturbated furiously infront of their daughters, then blacklisted them because they wouldnt curtsy to the freak.

I love Jessica Chastain but something about a statement she made kind of bothered me. And that is: "I was warned from the beginning," tweeted the Oscar nominee to her nearly 600,000 followers. "The stories were everywhere. To deny that is to create an environment for it to happen again." So she's saying it just now or warned others?

I hope that she would warn others as vehemently as she's condemning Weinstein, whom I've always heard was a steaming turd of a person. Now this? I can believe it about him but I'm reading things about how Asia Argento, for example, had oral sex forced on her twenty years ago and said nothing because she had heard that Weinstein could "crush you," meaning your career. So, to me, that makes her guilty of letting other women be abused by Weinstein because she was more afraid of losing her career.

I'm not a fan of Lena Dunham at all, but I'm totally on board with her statement here: "When we stay silent, we gag the victims," she wrote. "When we stay silent, we condone behavior that none of us could possibly believe is O.K. (unless you do). When we stay silent, we stay on the same path that led us here. Making noise is making change. Making change is why we tell stories. We don't want to have to tell stories like this one again and again. Speak louder."

I agree with that. Weinstein (and I'm not his judge) appears to be completely guilty but if people (women included) knew this about him and said nothing, or took a payoff like Rose McGowan supposedly did and said nothing, then they are just as guilty as Weinstein. Because, like Dunham said, to be quiet is to condone it, and further than that---if actors like Crowe and Damon helped to cover it up, they're guilty also. If Weinstein is charged, then any actors or actress found to have helped cover it up or stay silent about should be charged also. I don't know exactly what the charge would be though. I'm not hip with the legal terms but I know turning a blind eye towards something you know is happening is just as bad.

But if we now anything from the past, it's that Hollywood wastes no time in eating their own. Once they smell blood, they're in on the kill. For once, I'm glad because Weinstein's career is kaput. But if charges are brought and this goes to trial it will be interesting to see how many stars knew what and when.

I can believe it about him but I'm reading things about how Asia Argento, for example, had oral sex forced on her twenty years ago and said nothing because she had heard that Weinstein could "crush you," meaning your career. So, to me, that makes her guilty of letting other women be abused by Weinstein because she was more afraid of losing her career.

Jesus christ dude don't blame sexual assault victims for being afraid to step forward. The only person to blame here is the rapist.

Like don't act like it's easy for abuse victims to step forward that's extremely gross. Harvey Weinstein is the only person to blame here. Absolutely didn't think i'd see victim blaming on this forum about this but here we are. Jesus christ. I need to go for a walk.

Hold on just a minute. First of all, did you even read what I quoted? She said she was afraid to say anything because "he could crush you," meaning, again, he could ruin her career. She said nothing about being afraid of him because he assaulted her. And I wasn't inferring that at all! I freely admit that I believe he more than likely did all the things that are coming out about him.

So you've wrapped what I said into a nice little package called "victim blaming?" No, you are dead wrong. I said anyone, yes, including Asia Argento, was just as guilty for keeping it quiet because of LOSING HER CAREER. And I wondered how many people were assaulted after that for her or anybody keeping what they knew about Weinstein quiet. I posed the question. We have Glenn Close saying she heard rumors about him for years. Everybody keeps saying this, that they had at least an idea that this was true, but that he was good to THEM. I was and am, feeling for the women who suffered because of the close-knit Hollywood code of silence that I believe exists. You don't have to agree with me, but don't you dare say I'm for one minute blaming the victims. Go back and read again after you take your walk.

Hold on just a minute. First of all, did you even read what I quoted? She said she was afraid to say anything because "he could crush you," meaning, again, he could ruin her career. She said nothing about being afraid of him because he assaulted her.
Not sure why when money comes into it somehow that changes everything; losing your livelihood is absolutely enough of a threat to fear coming forward. And that's on top of the trauma and shame she no doubt suffered from the abuse. The rape victims are absolutely not to blame; maybe the rapist should stop raping. I mean why even delve into this, this is standard MRA lets find a woman to blame for the rapist man crap. That was your first post in this thread and you barely mentioned Weinstein, you were actually alot less judgemental of him going as far to say you're not his judge, it's the rape victims who allowed this to happen obviously; shame on them for getting raped. Weinstein should sue them for causing him to continue raping women.

but you dare say I'm for one minute blaming the victims.

Asia Argento is a victim and you literally say she is guilty in this paragraph. Blame the rapist, holy fck.

Camo:
That was your first post in this thread and you barely mentioned Weinstein, you were actually alot less judgemental of him going as far to say you're not his judge, it's the rape victims who allowed this to happen obviously; shame on them for getting raped. Weinstein should sue them for causing him to continue raping women.
So you're putting words in my mouth with "it's the rape victims who allowed this to happen obviously; shame on them for getting raped. Weinstein should sue them for causing him to continue raping women." This never entered my mind at all. You thought that one up. I'm talking about victims who suffered later because Argento, yes, was afraid for her career, or people who took a payoff and women were raped because of people (McGowan) taking money to keep quiet. I'm not blaming them for being raped, for the love of God! I'm not some heartless scum. I'm saying what Lena Dunham said. Everyone in this thread has already talked about Weinstein. I'm still talking about him but I'm talking about what I heard them commenting on it. As is my right. If you think I'm blaming rape victims for being raped then I can't help you because you're wrong.

Me:
Weinstein, whom I've always heard was a steaming turd of a person.
I'm not a fan of Lena Dunham at all, but I'm totally on board with her statement here: "When we stay silent, we gag the victims," she wrote. "When we stay silent, we condone behavior that none of us could possibly believe is O.K. (unless you do). When we stay silent, we stay on the same path that led us here. Making noise is making change. Making change is why we tell stories. We don't want to have to tell stories like this one again and again. Speak louder."
This is the heart of what I was trying to say.

I agree with that. Weinstein (and I'm not his judge) appears to be completely guilty...
If Weinstein is charged, then any actors or actress found to have helped cover it up or stay silent about should be charged also...
I stand by that. And I don't mean all victims here. I specifically named Rose McGowan and said IF she took a payoff, which is in all the news on sites that people are linking to in this thread. I also specifically name Russell Crowe and Matt Damon.

For once, I'm glad because Weinstein's career is kaput.
Yeah, in all those quotes I barely mentioned Weinstein at all. Sure. Believe what you want. And I am NOT his judge. I say this despite what I think about the guy. I can't judge him. It's up to the authorities to do that if they enter the picture. That's all I meant about that. You've got me wrong despite anything you read into what I said. I've never been accused of anything so heinous.

Camo:

So you're putting words in my mouth with "it's the rape victims who allowed this to happen obviously; shame on them for getting raped. Weinstein should sue them for causing him to continue raping women." This never entered my mind at all. You thought that one up.
You said they are just as guilty as Weinstein. They are just as bad as the rapist in your own words. And oh my god this is your exact words " So, to me, that makes her guilty of letting other women be abused by Weinstein" The very first thing i quoted. You say there that the rape victim is to blame for Weinstein continuing to rape, that's exactly what you're saying. If that's not what you mean then maybe you should take your advice from earlier for me and actually read what you're writing.

I'm not blaming them for being raped, for the love of God! I'm not some heartless scum. I'm saying what Lena Dunham said. Everyone in this thread has already talked about Weinstein. I'm still talking about him but I'm talking about what I heard then commenting on it. As is my right. If you think I'm blaming rape victims for being raped then I can't help you because you're wrong.
I'm not saying you are saying they are to blame for being raped. I'm saying you are trying to place some of the blame for Weinstein back onto the victims. That's exactly what you're doing and yes i'd say it's monstrous. It's not taking into account the trauma, shame, fear and guilt she most likely already feels from being abused by him; not to mention how powerful he is and yes he could crush her career. It's absolutely not one percent her fault that Weinstein continued raping people and you trying to turn it back onto his victims is wrong.

Yeah, in all those quotes I barely mentioned Weinstein at all. Sure. Believe what you want. And I am NOT his judge. I say this despite what I think about the guy. I can't judge him. It's up to the authorities to do that if they enter the picture. That's all I meant about that. You've got me wrong despite anything you read into what I said. I've never been accused of anything so heinous.
You judged his victim, you had no problem placing guilt onto her, why not the rapist?