How many DVDs / Blu-Rays do you buy each week?

Tools    

How many DVDs / Blu-rays (combined) do you buy each week ?
76.47%
13 votes
2 or less
23.53%
4 votes
Between 3 and 5
0%
0 votes
6 or more
17 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Hi all,

I'm new here and I was quite stunned by the number of posts relating new purchase of movies. Out of curiosity on average, how many DVD/Blu-Rays (combined) do you purchase each week?

Thanks in advance for your participation to this poll!

Jérémy.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hi all,

I'm new here and I was quite stunned by the number of posts relating new purchase of movies. Out of curiosity on average, how many DVD/Blu-Rays (combined) do you purchase each week?

Jérémy.

I buy most of my DVDs at garage sales and flea markets, so it varies from week to week depending on what I find.

This weekend was kind of slow, so I only bought about 5 or 6 DVDs, but last weekend was much better, and I bought over a dozen DVDs. A few weeks ago, I bought the complete series of both "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel".

Thanks @gbgoodies for your reply! I want to know on average every week the number of DVDs you buy. It's a good idea to buy your disks on flea market, this is a very cheap way to get some treasures some times .

Thanks iank, every vote counts .

Hi all,

I've drastically cut back on my movie buying because I'm running out of space to store them. Also money is tight so I've mostly switched from clicking "add to cart" on Amazon to "add to wishlist." So it's usually zero.

I did pick up The Iron Giant at Walmart the other day, but that's because it was only about $3.00.

Ah ah thanks for your perfect "averages" I appreciate the accuracy of your numbers :-).

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thanks @gbgoodies for your reply! I want to know on average every week the number of DVDs you buy. It's a good idea to buy your disks on flea market, this is a very cheap way to get some treasures some times .

It's hard to figure out the average because it varies so much from week to week, and the time of year makes a big difference too.

During the summer months, when there are a lot of garage sales and flea markets, I usually buy at least 5 or 6 DVDs every week, but on good weeks, I sometimes buy as many as 20 or more.

But in the winter, when the weather is colder, there aren't many garage sales, so there are some weeks that I don't buy any DVDs.

And then on Black Friday, if there are good DVDs on sale, I usually buy a lot of cheap DVDs, both movies and TV shows.

I rarely buy DVDs at retail prices, but when I find cheap DVDs, I go on a spending spree.

Yes sure, you're right, maybe I should have asked on a per month or even per year basis?

It was just to gauge how much disks people bought on average. Sure it fluctuates through the year, based on different opportunities and promotions. Totally makes sense! Thanks for your detailed answer, I appreciated it.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
I usually buy at least 1 Blu-Ray a week, but sometimes I’ll go on a spending spree and buy 5+ at once.
DVDs are better by price, but I do like Blu Ray