Would you rate my 10 favorites?

Tools    

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Hello! I was wondering what your thoughts were on the 10 movies listed as my favorite! I would love it if you rated the ones you've seen. Obviously I would rate all of them a 10/10

Here are the movies listed in my profile in no particular ranking order

1. Pan's Labyrinth
2. Wall-E
3. Singin' in the Rain
4. The Shawshank Redemption
5. Inside Out
6. The Conjuring
7. The Breakfast Club
8. The Incredibles
9. Room (2015)
10. What's eating Gilbert Grape

1. Pan's Labyrinth
Need to see it again, though.
2. Wall-E
3. Singin' in the Rain

5. Inside Out
6. The Conjuring
A refreshing break from the usual modern ghost story.
7. The Breakfast Club
It's an old favorite. Not 5 stars because I have to hold one star back for some of the music choices and dance scene. But I still love it in a 5 star way.
8. The Incredibles
9. Room (2015)

The rest I can't rate sadly.

1. Pan's Labyrinth- I really enjoyed this, safe to call it my fave Del Toro. Creepy but plenty of character drama to keep me invested.

2. Wall-E- Great first half but loses me a bit in the second.

3. Singin' in the Rain- Two astounding sequences. You can keep the rest.

4. The Shawshank Redemption- Perfect movie in every way. A couple of us will love seeing this in your ten. Ignore the others.

5. Inside Out- Best Pixar in quite a few years. Funny and affecting.

6. The Conjuring- Haven't seen it.

7. The Breakfast Club- I enjoyed it but never fell in love with it. Been a long time. Probably

8. The Incredibles- Good fun but the action doesn't interest me.

9. Room (2015)- Perfect first half that the second half had little chance of matching.

10. What's eating Gilbert Grape- Remember it very fondly. Would need a rewatch to rate though.

1. Pan's Labyrinth...not seen it
2. Wall-E
my review
3. Singin' in the Rain

5. Inside Out...not seen it
6. The Conjuring...not see it
7. The Breakfast Club

8. The Incredibles...not seen it
9. Room (2015)...not seen it
I think? It's been many years since I seen it.

Singin' in the Rain
The happiest film ever!
The Shawshank Redemption
Great.
Inside Out
Nothing that really makes it stand out in the Pixar filmography.
The Breakfast Club
Doesn't hold a candle to Ferris Beuller.
The Incredibles
A childhood classic.
Room (2015)
I coudn't care less about anything that happens after the first act.

Haven't seen the other 4 but I'd love to.

1. Pan's Labyrinth
Need to see it again, though.
2. Wall-E
3. Singin' in the Rain

5. Inside Out
6. The Conjuring
A refreshing break from the usual modern ghost story.
7. The Breakfast Club
It's an old favorite. Not 5 stars because I have to hold one star back for some of the music choices and dance scene. But I still love it in a 5 star way.
8. The Incredibles
9. Room (2015)

The rest I can't rate sadly.
Oh Pan's Labyrinth maybe my favorite of all. I obviously highly recommend the ones you haven't seen. Are you not a fan of animation?

9. Room (2015)- Perfect first half that the second half had little chance of matching.

Yeah, I think both halves are different, but both great. Although I see your point, I also think the first half is the stronger of the two. Same thoughts on Wall-E/

Oh Pan's Labyrinth maybe my favorite of all. I obviously highly recommend the ones you haven't seen. Are you not a fan of animation?
I'm not an animation fanatic by any stretch. I have enjoyed animated films, but other factors contributed to that such as the music and style of animation/color choices. "Gandahar" (Light Years) comes to mind. Colored by nostalgia, no doubt.

I like live action for films almost exclusively. I just can't invest much into characters that aren't flesh and blood, no matter how well they are written. I wish I could. "Akira" is one I plan to see because I hear so many great things, but I don;t know which dub to look to. There are a few versions and all the disciples trash talk every version so lol..

1. Pan's Labyrinth...not seen it
2. Wall-E
my review
3. Singin' in the Rain

5. Inside Out...not seen it
6. The Conjuring...not see it
7. The Breakfast Club

8. The Incredibles...not seen it
9. Room (2015)...not seen it
I think? It's been many years since I seen it.
I really like your review of Wall-E. I also love your review format, very easy to follow! I highly recommend Inside Out, just as good as Wall-E in Pixar's filmography. And wooo!! You have three perfect scores! That's humbling.

Singin' in the Rain
The happiest film ever!
That may be the sole reason I love it so much! I just feel so happy when I watch it. Sing Street (2016) gave me a similar feeling. Also, normally with older comedies the humor doesn't age well, I still laugh consistently with Sinigin' in the Rain however.

Like The Breakfast Club, and love the Conjuring. Not really a fan of the others, Shawshank and Gilbert were good from what I remember but haven't seen them in decades.

I'm not an animation fanatic by any stretch. I have enjoyed animated films, but other factors contributed to that such as the music and style of animation/color choices. "Gandahar" (Light Years) comes to mind. Colored by nostalgia, no doubt.

I like live action for films almost exclusively. I just can't invest much into characters that aren't flesh and blood, no matter how well they are written. I wish I could. "Akira" is one I plan to see because I hear so many great things, but I don;t know which dub to look to. There are a few versions and all the disciples trash talk every version so lol..
I personally don't have trouble connecting to animated characters but your point is very valid. I know a couple of people who feel the same way. I haven't yet seen 'Akira', but it's on my radar now, thank you!

Yeah, I think both halves are different, but both great. Although I see your point, I also think the first half is the stronger of the two. Same thoughts on Wall-E/
You will find I have that issue often. Probably on me but I think great premises that don't get closed out properly are very common for my tastes.

Like The Breakfast Club, and love the Conjuring. Not really a fan of the others, Shawshank and Gilbert were good from what I remember but haven't seen them in decades.
Oh yeah! The Conjuring is definitely the best horror film of the decade. I don't know if it's my favorite horror film of all time though, I added it to my faves to have more recent films and add balance. But yeah, I think Conjuring is a modern horror masterpiece.

You will find I have that issue often. Probably on me but I think great premises that don't get closed out properly are very common for my tastes.
Completely fair. I see you have Pulp Fiction as one of your favorites. (almost made the cut for me) I feel that it's also one of the movies with different premises, but excellently well executed.

Completely fair. I see you have Pulp Fiction as one of your favorites. (almost made the cut for me) I feel that it's also one of the movies with different premises, but excellently well executed.
Hard to see anything but Pulp being my favorite Tarantino. It has been copied a million times but it still feels so original to me every time. No one can duplicate it, even Tarantino. So well written and very funny.

Pan's Labyrinth -

Wall-E -

Inside Out -

The Incredibles -

Haven't seen the rest

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Oh yeah! The Conjuring is definitely the best horror film of the decade. I don't know if it's my favorite horror film of all time though, I added it to my faves to have more recent films and add balance. But yeah, I think Conjuring is a modern horror masterpiece.
Absolutely. Will almost certainly be in my top 5 of the decade too.

Hard to see anything but Pulp being my favorite Tarantino. It has been copied a million times but it still feels so original to me every time. No one can duplicate it, even Tarantino. So well written and very funny.
Oh yeah, probably best dialogue ever written in a movie if you ask me.