1970's Hall of Fame

Tools    

cool picks, was hoping for more foreign but still really good picks

I might be able to see Halloween in the theater so that would be cool

Sorry for my bad English :p
from the 14 movies on the list i saw 4, i've never heard of 3, and the other 7 were all in my watch list !

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
My guesses

Harry and Tonto - Matt
What's Up Doc? - Citizen Rules
Kramer vs Kramer - Raul

Those are the only ones I have some idea about
You got one right. In fact, it was highlighted since it was very common correction.
edarsenal - The Sting
rauldc14 - Halloween
yam12 - The Warriors
Citizen Rules - F Is For Fake
Jay Redrum - Eraserhead
Joel - Dog Day Afternoon
matt72582 - Harry and Tonto
cricket - Sorcerer
HashtagBrownie - Last Picture Show
Velvet - What's up, Doc?
AlexWilder - Red Psalm
CaptainT - Kramer vs. Kramer
Jeff Costello - Three Days of the Condor
Nestorio_Miklos - Investigation of a Citizen Under Investigation

A little confusing with Citizen Rules AND Cricket guessing their own movie, which is the same??
you have 3 correct as well, matt. Also, I gave a hint that I did not nominate The Sting since that was guessed 3 times and was wrong. Also, some obvious ones are NOT. And to help things along, you are the only one who guessed their actual nomination.
edarsenal - The Sting
rauldc14 - The last picture show
yam12 - Kramer vs Kramer
Citizen Rules - F for Fake
Jay Redrum - dog day afternoon
Joel - eraserhead
matt72582 - Harry and Tonto
cricket - Sorcerer
HashtagBrownie - The Warriors
AlexWilder - whats up doc
CaptainT - Halloween
Jeff Costello - Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion
Nestorio_Miklos - Red Psalm
Velvet - three days of condor

stole some guesses from others
you have 3 correct as well, velvet.
Great picks.

If you like foreign films Velvet, I do still plan to host a Foreign Language HoF. It might not be any time soon, but it will eventually happen haha.
Which I am looking forward and have a few already picked out.

Good list of noms. You guys should have some fun. Don't know if anyone cares but Halloween did win the Slasher HOF.

Good list of noms. You guys should have some fun. Don't know if anyone cares but Halloween did win the Slasher HOF.
OH - SH#T
I missed that completely!!
I will let that person know - thank you so much, sean for the heads up.

I had been pretty amazed that while one or two were previously nominated we were in the clear across the board.

Wish I could chalk it up to newbie screw ups but I have far too many on a daily basis for that lol

again, THANKS sean! Already sent a PM and will change it out when the new one comes in.

Here's my thoughts on the noms:

Three Days of the Condor...I've never seen this but have long wanted to!

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion...no idea.

Dog Day Afternoon
...I've also never seen this but have long wanted to!

The Last Picture Show...I seen this recently but will rewatch it, as I liked it, but I think another watch will kick it up a notch.

What's Up, Doc?...Haven't seen this since I was a kid, looking forward to it.

Red Psalm...no idea.

Halloween...Good fun for October, I haven't seen it in years.

Sorceror...A complete mystery to me, but I'm intrigued.

F for Fake...Orson Welles, who is that???

Kramer Vs. Kramer
...It's been a long time, great film.

Harry and Tonto...I seen this fairly recently but I think I'll rewatch it and see if my appreciation will grow.

The Sting...It's been a long time, great film.

The Warriors...It's been a long time, great film.

Eraserhead

F for Fake...Orson Welles, who is that???

Eraserhead
Never heard of Welles. . . wasn't he that chubby guy with the beard, always smoking a cigar on the Dean Martin Man of the Hour Roasts??
(that sh#t made me laugh)

no thoughts on Eraserhead?

That's a shame. I was actually looking forward to watching it

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

me too, been decades since seeing it and it rounded out and complimented all the others quite nicely making it a full spectrum.
I feel even worse for the person, it wasn't their first choices since a couple were already nominated.

Never heard of Welles. . . wasn't he that chubby guy with the beard, always smoking a cigar on the Dean Martin Man of the Hour Roasts??
(that sh#t made me laugh)

no thoughts on Eraserhead?
Whoops...that wasn't an intentional miss of Eraserhead, just too much in a hurry.

Eraserhead...I'm glad this was nominated. I hear it being talked about all the time. People either love it, love it, love it...
OR H A T E IT....I've never seen it, so am very curious about it. Good nom choice.

nope, yam, F For Fake is NOT Citizens. There a couple of obvious guess like me for The Sting, along with this and I believe, one other.

and since Jeff acknowledged, Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion is his. Intriguing lil crime film from Italy which, like so very many, I'm looking forward to.

ersaserhead will be a fun one to hear about, saving it for last to make sure I dont rewatch too soon

nope, yam, F For Fake is NOT Citizens. There a couple of obvious guess like me for The Sting, along with this and I believe, one other.

and since Jeff acknowledged, Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion is his. Intriguing lil crime film from Italy which, like so very many, I'm looking forward to.
Well if Jeff has mentioned his, I will say F for Fake is mine, it's one of Orson Welles best and it's his last film so it holds a special place in my heart. (thanks Ed for covering for me! but it's kinda of obvious, it's mine) I hope you guys like it

F for Fake is a great nom Citizen. its one of the ones Im most excited to watch