A Ghost Story (2017)

Tools    

Looks like an Oscar contender to me, Affleck gives an elephantman esque performance under a white sheet and Rooney Mara looks like she kills it. It's not getting a late 2017 release but I wouldn't be shocked if this isn't a breakthrough for David Lowery (Pete's Dragon, Ain't Them Body Saints)

This might just do nobody any good.
I'm all for this as I loved Ain't Them Bodies Saints.

Always nice seeing Mara whom I fell hasn't been in anything since Dragon Tattoo (though I know she has).

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Go and see it. It is just a remarkable experience.
Looks good but is it a tear jerker?

I bawled. But that's just me.
I probably will as well than. I dont cope well with tearies. Just the music and the looks on their faces in the trailer makes me feel weepy in my stomach. I'll put on my big girl blouse, grab a box of tissues and check it out when Mr D is working and cant laugh at me.

I'm all for this as I loved Ain't Them Bodies Saints.

Always nice seeing Mara whom I fell hasn't been in anything since Dragon Tattoo (though I know she has).
I liked that too. Omg so amped for this. Rooney Mara and Casey Affleck really complement each other.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Just saw this as well. I tried tracking this movie so hard but it wasn't in any theater near me so I had to wait until now. Highly poetic, beautifully shot, paced and directed. It's one of those films that leaves you stupefied for a couple of hours. Definitely recommend this, it has a great message about remembrance.

88/100

I watched this the other day. Like i told Swan i really hated it at first, found it incredibly dull; the scene where Rooney sits and eats a pie for like four minutes really pissed me off. Wasn't until she listened to the electronic music that i started to get into the atmosphere and performances, thought it was great from there. Think i'd maybe get into those early scenes more on a rewatch now i know what to expect, for now i'd give it
-

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
I watched this the other day. Like i told Swan i really hated it at first, found it incredibly dull; the scene where Rooney sits and eats a pie for like four minutes really pissed me off. Wasn't until she listened to the electronic music that i started to get into the atmosphere and performances, thought it was great from there. Think i'd maybe get into those early scenes more on a rewatch now i know what to expect, for now i'd give it
-
Really loved the movie myself. But that pie scene was sooo long I was actually starting to laugh.

Okay I'm not the only one who had issues with that pie scene.

I haven't seen a pie get violated like that to the point of sickness since Jim and that warm apple pie.

Okay I'm not the only one who had issues with that pie scene.

I haven't seen a pie get violated like that to the point of sickness since Jim and that warm apple pie.
Another one was when the camera sat and looked at his hospital bed until he finally sat up, that scene felt an hour long. Like i said i wasn't feeling the atmosphere at first so those scenes were just pointless and dull, think a rewatch could see me more into them though.

Another one was when the camera sat and looked at his hospital bed until he finally sat up, that scene felt an hour long. Like i said i wasn't feeling the atmosphere at first so those scenes were just pointless and dull, think a rewatch could see me more into them though.
Yeah.

I see the purpose of the scenes and their length in both of them, but especially the pie scene could have been cut just a little bit shorter and it would still have fine impact.

What's the pie scene. I never finished the movie.

What's the pie scene. I never finished the movie.
She sits down and eats a pie for about five minutes straight. It's lovely.

Oh well, screw you guys (I say that lovingly)! It's still my favorite movie of the year. I don't think even del Toro will change that.