Actors that instantly turn you off a film

Tools    

Never cared for George Hamilton - he can't act in any role.
Agree 100%.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The only part of him that can act is his fake tan.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I thought he was hilarious in Zorro the Gay Blade. That movie would never get made now for a ton of reasons, but it's so darn funny anyways.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

If I haven't posted him already, Ashton Kutcher. Always has a silly smirk on his face.

I will ask you to refrain from throwing fruit at me for the aversion the following cherished icons inspire in me:

Jimmy Stewart - perhaps they didn't invent speech therapists in those days, but his stuttering whining makes me reach for the remote off switch faster than Santa can slide down the chimney.

Katherine HepburnI think it s more for her persona in interviews than any role per se. The seeds of Kardasian narcissism were sown here. Crappy voice too.

Hinted at by me on another thread, but I ll spoil it by saying Brad Pitt. No redeeming whatsoever.

And this is really gonna paint a target on my back, but for most purposes- Johnny Depp. Supposedly an inspiration to actors and a heartthrob to the gals. I just don't see it.

Btw: If you DO feel compelled to throw fruit, may I ask that you please make it of a soft variety, like ripe plums or soft lil apricots or such. (lenslady ducks, and signs off)

Sorry Mattiasflgrtll6,
She may well have done so, but I cannot abide the sight of those preternaturally high cheekbones. 🙄

Or pies, perhaps instead of fruit, I should request those dissatisfied consumers to toss a well aimed, but soft bodied pie. Sweet potato or pumpkin would be nice this time of year. Throw in a bag of marshmallows while you ' re at it, and we' ll all be happy.😛

Don Cheadle

I don't know exactly why I don't care for him. I loved Boogie Nights, and he was adequate in that film. But everything I've seen him in since just rubs me wrong. It's almost as if I just don't buy into his act. He seems boring and bland. I don't hate him or anything, I just can't get excited or even want to watch a movie that he stars in. I feel that way about Alan Arkin, as well. He's in everything but damned if I can find a film that I thought he was good in. Glengarry Glen Ross, sure..but he was easily the least of that lot. He's too plain. I guess it's trendy? I have zero idea. I must be living in denial...
Don Cheadle stole the show from Denzel in Devil in a Blue Dress, was Oscar worthy in Hotel Rwanda, and also gave excellent performances Talk to Me, The Guard, Reign Over Me, and Flight.

Don Cheadle stole the show from Denzel in Devil in a Blue Dress, was Oscar worthy in Hotel Rwanda, and also gave excellent performances Talk to Me, The Guard, Reign Over Me, and Flight.
Yeah, sadly it doesn't matter. It's one of those unexplained things. Everyone I tell that to usually seems puzzled. Like, how can you not like Don Cheadle? Wish I had a clearer answer. Technically, I'm sure he's stellar.

Yeah, sadly it doesn't matter. It's one of those unexplained things. Everyone I tell that to usually seems puzzled. Like, how can you not like Don Cheadle? Wish I had a clearer answer. Technically, I'm sure he's stellar.
It happens. I guess I feel a similar way about Matt Damon, although it's debatable if Damon can be considered stellar.

There's not many movies I enjoy where Damon plays the lead role, although there's a few exceptions, like The Talented Mr. Ripley and The Good Shepherd.

Overall, I don't like him as an actor. He's boring as Hell.

It happens. I guess I feel a similar way about Matt Damon, although it's debatable if Damon can be considered stellar.

There's not many movies I enjoy where Damon plays the lead role, although there's a few exceptions, like The Talented Mr. Ripley and The Good Shepherd.

Overall, I don't like him as an actor. He's boring as Hell.
He is boring. I still like him, but yeah..total snoozefest aside from some great early writing and a few roles like Stuck on You and ..uh oh..I'm out of gas.

I don't blame the actor, but the character of Superman is something which I don't like..