Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Kingsman: The Golden Circle -

it ain't that kind of sequel, bruv

Welcome to the human race...
CR - Perhaps. I'll do a longer review to really get into it, but in short it's a real mess that has a few good moments here and there.

MM - I didn't like the first one much at first, but it grew on me enough that I was actually looking forward to the sequel. Can't imagine you'd get that much out of it if you didn't like the first one, but then again you think Final Chapter is the best RE film by quite some distance so you may be surprised.

Yeah, the messy ampifiied tone and style of the sequel might actually be a good thing. We'll see when it hits digital. In the mean time, I'll try to find time for a rewatch of the first.

Lesser Prophets aka The Last Bet (William DeVizia, 1997)

Light-hearted crime drama that's more fun than it ought to be

Say hello to my little friend!
Wild Tales (2014) 9/10

Wild Tales movie isn't one story. The movie talks about six short stories, and vengeance is the mutual thing in those six stories. In each of the six stories the movie introduces the protagonist who is a bad character, but somehow the movies shows the protagonist as a good one. The six stories claim that vengeance is a good thing; a good thing that it's worth dying for. Overall, the movie Wild Tales is a savage and surprising one with a few good comedy scenes that you will laugh at, and other tragic scenes that anyone would cry at.

movies can be okay...
V/H/S (2012)
-
-

If I hadn't watched this film before, I would of probably turned it off after the first 5 minutes. Seriously, the beginning of this movie is possibly the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen, and knowing now that it was directed by Adam Wingard makes total sense.

Anyways, the first short is "Amateur Night", and just as I remembered it, it was awesome! It almost makes watching this whole film worth it...almost.

After that, we have "Second Honeymoon" by Ti West, who's most notably known for "The House of the Devil". Supposedly, not that many people are into this short, and I really don't understand why, I mean compared to the following segments this is gold. Overall, I really liked it.

Then there was "Tuesday the 17th" and it was easily the worst short I've ever seen in my life, if you thought the first 5 minutes of the film were awful, this is on a whole other level. Saying that I hate this segment is a gigantic understatement.

The follow-up is "The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger", sure it wasn't as terrible as its predecessor, but it was still kinda bad...and stupid.

The final segment is called "10/31/98" and I really liked it for its great use of special effects.

All in all, "V/H/S" was alright (thanks to the 3rd and 4th segments), although, I will definitely come back to the first short (Amateur Night) which I highly, HIGHLY recommend.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The Bad Batch

Has anyone else watched this? I felt like "shopping cart" guy was suppose to mean something, but maybe he was just random like everything else.

I can't say I disliked it...but would be lost on a rating.

Momoa's glare

Humm, not as bad as I thought it was going to be, enjoyed this addition to the series.

^ Geez the woman on the right, she got on my nerves. Nincompoop.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Quite watchable but let down by a ridiculously stupid ending.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Wanda - 7/10

1970s version of "La Strada" (not exactly, but you can see similarities)

Thanks @Citizen Rules -- rough start, the silence or meaningless talk, but it got much better, and I really liked the female lead.. My kind of movie, something original... Full movie on Youtube (link below).

Lethal Weapon 2

Thank God for that second half, because the first half was a PAIN to get through. Awfully forced dialogue and acting, people screaming and shouting and complaining all the way through. And then, as the sugar on top, they introduce a God damn character based on being an annoying pain in the ass, Pesci's character. I'm watching these movies without the 80s nostalgia and cult status, and so far they are not for me... I liked the first better but still it wasn't that great. Probably just gonna stay away from the last two...

The King of Comedy (1982)

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Lethal Weapon 2

Thank God for that second half, because the first half was a PAIN to get through. Awfully forced dialogue and acting, people screaming and shouting and complaining all the way through. And then, as the sugar on top, they introduce a God damn character based on being an annoying pain in the ass, Pesci's character. I'm watching these movies without the 80s nostalgia and cult status, and so far they are not for me... I liked the first better but still it wasn't that great. Probably just gonna stay away from the last two...

Is that the one with the blonde south african actress?
Pesci was bloody annoying but god I found him absolutely hilarious. Probably the first time I took notice of him as an actor.