Upcoming Movies on TV Thread

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I do pay attention to the HOF, and try to check out every movie I can... I have probably seen over a dozen movies from recommendations from you guys, and I thank you all for that.

I think it's Cagney day on TCM today.
Not a fan of Cagney? He had a sister, Jean, who also acted. I've only seen her in a couple of things. The family resemblances is amazing, especially when they're seated side by side. They did at least one movie together that I've seen.

Not a fan of Cagney? He had a sister, Jean, who also acted. I've only seen her in a couple of things. The family resemblances is amazing, especially when they're seated side by side. They did at least one movie together that I've seen.
I thought you knew I was a big fan... I've quite a bit, but not sure if I saw his sister or not... The one movie I didn't see of his was "Yankee Doodle Dandy" -- I'm definitely not a fan of musicals, or any dancing.

I thought you knew I was a big fan... I've quite a bit, but not sure if I saw his sister or not... The one movie I didn't see of his was "Yankee Doodle Dandy" -- I'm definitely not a fan of musicals, or any dancing.
I know you're a fan of Brando, I guess I haven't seen you talk much about Cagney. Have you seen the interview with John Travolta telling of his friendship with Cagney? It's just a straight interview with Travolta telling how he met Cagney and then became good friends with him and the things that Cagney talked about. It's probably on Youtube. I seen it once and never forgot it. Both men were very close friends and Travolta visited Cagney in his old age almost daily. I think you'd really enjoy it.

TCM played (5) movies by Werner Herzog.. You might be able to see them On-Demand.. I tried watching Stroczek a while ago....

But his acting in "Julien Donkey Boy" is awesome..

"You have to be a champion!"

Thu
4:34am - MGM
Killer's Kiss (Kubrick) - 6/10

11:48am - STZBK
A Dry White Season - 7/10 (starring Marlon Brando)

6:14pm - TCM
Casablanca - 8/10

10:18pm - RETRO
Viva Zapata! - 8/10 (starring Brando, directed by Elia Kazan)

9/10

TCM - 2:29am - Charulata (91% RT)
4:44am - The Coward

Every day, after midnight, TCM always plays a ton of great independent movies, foreign movies, even some newer ones.

FX
Marvel's The Avengers7:00 PM - 10:00 PMThe Strain10:00 PM - 11:04 PMNEW
FXM
The Karate Kid9:05 PM - 12:00 AM
FXX
Pixels8:00 PM - 10:00 PMPixels10:00 PM - 12:00 AM
HBO2
Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay

FX
Marvel's The Avengers7:00 PM - 10:00 PMThe Strain10:00 PM - 11:04 PMNEW
FXM
The Karate Kid9:05 PM - 12:00 AM
FXX
Pixels8:00 PM - 10:00 PMPixels10:00 PM - 12:00 AM
HBO2
Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay
I also saw that "The Karate Kid" was on last night... Unfortunately, I didn't have their channels, but I found some on movieplex to DVR

9/18
6pm - TCM - Ninotchka (I couldn't finish this, tried a few times, but I know some like it)

9/19
1:31am - RETRO - Viva Zapata! (8/10)

2:45am - TCM - Sullivan's Travels (description sounds interesting, but I know it won't live up to it, lol)

9/18
6pm - TCM - Ninotchka (I couldn't finish this, tried a few times, but I know some like it)

9/19
1:31am - RETRO - Viva Zapata! (8/10)

2:45am - TCM - Sullivan's Travels (description sounds interesting, but I know it won't live up to it, lol)
I liked Sullivan's Travels pretty well. It's a comedy-drama so if you bear that in mind I think you would like the theme of the movie. And hey it's got Veronica Lake, that ain't too shabby