Hurricane Irma

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
be a bit of a shock opening the door.

Good stuff the zookeepers can move them into buildings. The animals must be freaking out.

She's a near. Touchdown in less than 30 mins ladies and gents. Conquistador helmet and closet are ready. Wish me luck.
Lady luck!!! Looks horrible.

She's a near. Touchdown in less than 30 mins ladies and gents. Conquistador helmet and closet are ready. Wish me luck.
Irma needs to settle the hell down. Remind me again why Florida isn't so bad? They're lucky they have Disney World.

Speaking of luck...Irma's going to need it if she doesn't leave yo hood soon. If she gets too close make sure she sees the helmet. Might seem risky, but she'll know you mean business.

Stay safe, MoFo buddies.

I love their photos.

Irma needs to settle the hell down. Remind me again why Florida isn't so bad? They're lucky they have Disney World.
There is no escaping Mother Nature... no matter where you live in the USA, she will catch you. If it's not Hurricanes in the Southeast, it's Winter Snow Storms and Nor'easters in the Northeast and upper mid-west. Midwest and South Central is all "Tornado Alley." On the west coast you have Earthquakes, mud slides and wild fires. So there is really no place to escape. You just have to pick a spot and endure what comes.

I got tired of shoveling snow, so I moved to FL and haven't regretted it... not even in the last 48 hours. This will go away... but the sunshine that happens the rest of the time is priceless.

As of 6pm, the storm is weakening, being over the peninsula. It's now down to the upper end of a CAT 1. And it's moving directly north, so it might just squeak just to the right of Tampa Bay. The eye is due to arrive in Tampa at 2AM ET tomorrow. I'll be up and monitoring, so I'll get some sleep before then.

Here's the 5pm Cone report.

Stay safe Florida!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My mom is in the West Palm Beach area, and she lost power around 4:00 PM today. They were prepared for this, so they have plenty of food and water, their cell phones and battery-powered candles/lanterns. She's staying with friends, and they're staying inside where it's safe.

Morning all!

The night seemed to pass well in Tampa Bay. No power loss in my local area, so far. All that remains are the back end winds of the trailing outer bands.

Not much damage that I can see, so far, but I've not been able to do a full assessment yet. Right now, it just looks like I have some branches and leaves to rake up, as well as a trash bag full of empty beer cans.

Anyway, best wishes and thanks to all who sent their support. And our continued prayers for those who suffered much more. I have some folks I'm very worried about that had to ride it out in the keys.

Stay safe, folks.

Morning all!

The night seemed to pass well in Tampa Bay. No power loss in my local area, so far. All that remains are the back end winds of the trailing outer bands.

Not much damage that I can see, so far, but I've not been able to do a full assessment yet. Right now, it just looks like I have some branches and leaves to rake up, as well as a trash bag full of empty beer cans.

Anyway, best wishes and thanks to all who sent their support. And our continued prayers for those who suffered much more. I have some folks I'm very worried about that had to ride it out in the keys.

Stay safe, folks.
I have family in the keys, not heard from them yet but hopefully they are ok. Stay safe too! ☺

Lasted a long time. The crescendo seemed to go on for 6 or 7 hours. Trees went down every which way, but all strategically missed expensive stuff. My poor neighbor now has a 20-30 foot tree stuck on his lawn though. There’s gonna be a hefty cleaning process, but it could’ve been worse. The winds are still howling a bit, feeling like fingernails on a chalkboard at this point.

There’s gonna be a hefty cleaning process, but it could’ve been worse. The winds are still howling a bit, feeling like fingernails on a chalkboard at this point.
Do you guys have to pay for that or does the govt chip in? No pun intended.

Do you guys have to pay for that or does the govt chip in? No pun intended.
Most of the yard trash goes to the side of the road for pick up. For the bigger stuff, I have to pay pros to take care of it. No gubmint for that I’m afraid.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I have family near Lakeland, FL. They survived with a minor roof leak. No power there though. Here in South East Alabama, and panhandle of Floriday it's been raining through the night and winds are strong but nothing at all like we expected. There are a few power outages scattered across the area, but I don't imagine they will last long.

Most of the yard trash goes to the side of the road for pick up. For the bigger stuff, I have to pay pros to take care of it. No gubmint I’m afraid.
Gee that's a bit rugged. During one bad storm here a big branch landed on power lines and knocked out electricity in the street with the lines cracking around like armageddon. Council came and cleared it all away and repaired the lines. My crazy neighbour tried to walk up our driveway to go off her head that my husband tried to kill her and her dog, with live wires flapping in her face. Mind blown.