Vacations

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yup, that's me practical and thrifty Nope, I'm not meeting Yoda, it would be cool but I live a long ways from Seattle, I'm out in the sticks. I hate driving into Seattle the traffic is bad, I try to avoid it, the last two times I went to Seattle was for cruises.

Sometimes there's really good prices on airfare. My relatives just went to Italy and got a screaming deal on airline tickets.
When did you get bitten by the bug, CR? I was a little kid and it;s been gnawing away at me ever since.

Can you guys fly direct to Cuba yet or do you have to fly via Canada still? Pretty cheap once you get there. (I havent been yet)

I just looked it up. Looks like I have to go vi Vancouver and Toronto. Time - 26hr there, 34 back

When did you get bitten by the bug, CR? I was a little kid and it;s been gnawing away at me ever since.
I never went anywhere really....except for road trips as a kid....until I met my future wife

I hadn't even been on a plane until I was in my mid 30s! That's when we went to D.C. for two weeks, which was a blast! Awesome place to visit and it took 2 weeks for us to see and do all the things we wanted to do.

Then when we were married and we had a 12 day honeymoon in the Tahitian islands and that was the first time I went to some place exotic and loved it. Then we started taking cruises as it was a great way to see places on a budget.

I never went anywhere really....except for road trips as a kid....until I met my future wife

I hadn't even been on a plane until I was in my mid 30s, that's when we went to D.C. for two weeks, which was a blast! Awesome place to visit and it took 2 weeks for us to see and do all the things we wanted to do.

Then when we were married and we had a 12 day honeymoon in the Tahitian islands and that was the first time I went to some place exotic and loved it. Then we started taking cruises as it was a great way to see places on a budget.
I wanted to go to DC when we were in NYC but we ran out of time unfortunately. So much to see in NYC.

I hadn't even been on a plane until I was in my mid 30s! That's when we went to D.C. for two weeks, which was a blast! Awesome place to visit and it took 2 weeks for us to see and do all the things we wanted to do.

When the bug bites late, it bites hard.

india is a hot country , so i prefer to go to the mountains where the air is cool due to the height . that is why many of my photos in personal pictures thread are from vacations in the mountains .

india is a hot country , so i prefer to go to the mountains where the air is cool due to the height . that is why many of my photos in personal pictures thread are from vacations in the mountains .
Do you set up camp in the mountains?

That's why the British always built their villas high in the mountains.

No . India is a densely populated country, so there are always habitation and hotels/ homestays around. I take one day hikes from habitable places before moving on to the next habitable place .

Their summer capitals of various provinces were in the mountains too . Shimla in the Himalayas was their summer capital of all India where they used to move bag and baggage during the heat of summer.

Their summer capitals of various provinces were in the mountains too . Shimla in the Himalayas was their summer capital of all India where they used to move bag and baggage during the heat of summer.
That's right. And I guess, in a way, that they were reminded of England up there since there was a lot of greenery.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
So I've become somewhat obsessed with National Parks and want to visit more. I've only been to 2 of the 57. Grand Canyon and Rockies.

Has anyone been to any of them?

So I've become somewhat obsessed with National Parks and want to visit more. I've only been to 2 of the 57. Grand Canyon and Rockies.

Has anyone been to any of them?
Yup in the west I've been to the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Crater Lake, Yosemite, Glacier and Mt Rainer & Olympic.

You need to vacation in Washington state Raul. We have Mt Rainer National Park, which I've visited a lot as it's a close by drive. Also we have Olympic National which is an inland temperate rain forest.

Yup in the west I've been to the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Crater Lake, Yosemite, Glacier and Mt Rainer & Olympic.

You need to vacation in Washington state Raul. We have Mt Rainer National Park, which I've visited a lot as it's a close by drive. Also we have Olympic National which is an inland temperate rain forest.
I'm really keeping my finding crossed for Seattle and those two parks next year. I would love to go. It's a good 4 hours from Seattle to Olympic, but I really want to do it.

And Rainier looks great too.

Of course, Crater is also on my long list, as is Bryce Canyon and Zion.

Crater was real cool. We took a small boat trip around the lake, which is a hike to get to because its at the bottom of a crater!

When you were in Hawaii did you go to Hawaii Volcanos National park on the big island? I really enjoyed that one. I wish I could get back to Hawaii, that was my one and only time there.

I've never been to Bryce or Zion, those are on my wish list.

Crater was real cool. We took a small boat trip around the lake, which is a hike to get to because its at the bottom of a crater!

When you were in Hawaii did you go to Hawaii Volcanos National park on the big island? I really enjoyed that one. I wish I could get back to Hawaii, that was my one and only time there.

I've never been to Bryce or Zion, those are on my wish list.
We weren't on the big island, but that would be something else to see!!

There just something that is so awesome about these parks.

If I had to choose, Crater and Zion would be tied as 1a on my wish list.

Also @Citizen Rules I'm going to try to knock out Isle Royale National Park and Cuyahoga National Park in a relatively soonish time. Perhaps next year. Those are the closest to my location though still farish.

Also @Citizen Rules I'm going to try to knock out Isle Royale National Park and Cuyahoga National Park in a relatively soonish time. Perhaps next year. Those are the closest to my location though still farish.
Very cool. I just now looked them both up at their official web site, very beautiful, and looks like there's lots of neat trials and stuff to see. How long of a drive are they for you?

Very cool. I just now looked them both up at their official web site, very beautiful, and looks like there's lots of neat trials and stuff to see. How long of a drive are they for you?
5 hours for Isle Royale (and then a hour and a half by ferry)

About 7 for Cuyahoga

We've been wanting to go up to both locations for awhile to do others things, so why not add these to the itinerary!