My List of Things that MAY (or MAY NOT) Be Movie-Related

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Love Chiyoh.

Alas, the world wasn't good enough for another season of her and Bowie (as Hannibal's uncle) hunting down those who wronged Lecter.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeh so sad about Bowie. Bryan had been at him for years to play that role, and I dont think he gave her enough to work with so would have liked to see more of her. Loved it when she threw Will off the train. They should have had wild passionate make up sex after that.

Yeh so sad about Bowie. Bryan had been at him for years to play that role, and I dont think he gave her enough to work with so would have liked to see more of her. Loved it when she threw Will off the train. They should have had wild passionate make up sex after that.
#82.

WILD PASSIONATE MAKE-UP SEX!

This item in the list really needs no elaboration... but thanks to Dani8 for reminding us of it!

revive this pls

Because YOU demanded it... more "things"...

#81.

STOP-MOTION ANIMATION

There's something special about stop-motion animation. It's got an old-fashioned, hands-on quality that still can't be matched by today's much slicker computer animation.
The photo above is from Mad Monster Party? (here featuring Count Dracula and Francesca) - one of the great crossovers that brought the Universal (mostly) monsters all together in one place. (For more Crossover Concepts in Film see: https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=43277)

Mad Monster Party? (1967) was one of several animated films from Rankin Bass who brought us all the beloved animated holiday TV specials like The Little Drummer Boy, Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus in Comin' to Town, Here Comes Peter Cottontail, The Year Without A Santa Claus, etc.

P.S. Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion special effects may warrant their own entry further down the list!

#80.

GORILLAS

Gorillas are most definately movie-related, and they're on this list because they've historically been maligned by movies and media.
The mountain gorilla was not discovered until 1902, and lowland gorillas were discovered in the mid 1800's (before that they were only legendary "hairy men" of the jungle forests like their cousin the North American Bigfoot!)

The strange thing about gorillas, is that among the great apes, they are some of the most peaceful. Sure, they can be just as fierce in protecting their young and their territory, but they don't show as many of the more abominable "human" attributes exhibited by some groups like chimpanzees. Yet, gorillas in movies have often been portrayed as violent & aggressive animals, which is not in tune with their true nature.

From here on in, I'm just going to list Asian Chicks as "Asian Chicks"

(you can just assume they are all part of item #98). Despite our love of Countdown Lists, who wants a countdown list within a countdown list?
This will brightening your day.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Hello and welcome to my first ever list (except for the others I made that no one ever read)!
We'll count down starting with...

#100.

THE UNIVERSE!

This is the first item because most of the things I'll list (some of them being movies) will fall within the realms of The Universe. Some of my favorite things (including some movies) exist within the universe. There's a few things that may not fall within the universe like other dimensions, other universes, tongue piercings, etc., but most things will be within this universe, our universe, the one we share with each other!
Excellent top post! I am glad to have found this thread, within our universe! It only seems fitting.

;P

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

#79.

BARBERSHOP QUARTETS

Welcome back!

I love Barbershop Quartets.

I love all kinds of a cappella harmonies (whether they be from Doo-Wop groups, Choirs or African tribal singers - which may all warrant their own entries), but I have a special fondness for the Barbershop Quartet. There's nothing quite like the sound of a Lead, a Tenor, a Bass and a Baritone of human voices coming together to harmonize.

Probably one of my earliest exposures to them was from the album for The Music Man (1962) and the motion picture which featured quartet group "The Buffalo Bills" (pictured above).

I was going to post a YouTube link to a Barbershop Quartet, but there are so many good ones that I couldn't decide where to start (so I'll leave it up to anyone interested to seek out the sweet sounds of a cappella 4-part harmony)!

I love Barbershop Quartets.

I love all kinds of a cappella harmonies (whether they be from Doo-Wop groups, Choirs or African tribal singers - which may all warrant their own entries), but I have a special fondness for the Barbershop Quartet. There's nothing quite like the sound of a Lead, a Tenor, a Bass and a Baritone of human voices coming together to harmonize.

Probably one of my earliest exposures to them was from the album for The Music Man (1962) and the motion picture which featured quartet group "The Buffalo Bills" (pictured above).
If you love vocal harmony --as do I-- you'll really enjoy Jacob Collier. A sample: