Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Colossal (2017)

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
I finally took the time to watch this classic:

As an avid superhero fan I give it a 7.5/10.

It's a ridiculously stupid movie in some aspects, but also very fun at the same time.

Reeve is great in this film. He pulls off the transformation between Clark and Kal El very well.

Margot Kidder's line delivery is rather inconsistent and I found her narration rather lacking.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
A Woman in the Typhoon Area (1948)

Watched it! SPOILER (although you most probably won't find the movie anyway) Basically, it's Setsuko Hara as an ex-nurse, ex-prostitute, now-gangster moll pirate (?!) in a soppy melodrama glorifying... meteorologists?! At times it feels more like a dream of a Setsuko Hara maniac who watched The Letter before he went asleep than an actual film. Once I had a dream about a POV noir film that takes place on a Louisiana steambot. This film gave me a very similar feel. Along with its ludicrously melodramatic ending, it also had some Floating Clouds feel to it. After finishing it I finally understood watching a movie solely for an actor. Setsuko was a little bit out of character here and it may not be her best damaged goods lady performance (Kurosawa was a much more skillful director and knew how to lead his actors - she was outstanding in The Idiot), but I mean, this has a scene of an attempted rape on Hara, another one of her kissing a man, all these scenes of her hair in the wind (it becomes crazy in one particular take not seen in the GIFs above), the nicely shadowed typhoon takes and, well, Hara herself. Not a great film, but Hara is great.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

47 Meters Down

Two sisters vacationing in Mexico are trapped in a shark cage at the bottom of the ocean

This was okay, it might of been better if they had not tried to fill every moment with dialogue; one of the actresses delivery sounded more like a recording taken in a sound booth off a script she had never laid eyes on before rather than genuine reaction to what is happening around her.. The Shallows was much better despite one IMDb reviewer saying this blows The Shallows out of the water lol idiot

The World's End (2013)

The weakest of the Cornetto Trilogy but still pretty good
I agree. I watched this thrice and every time I felt like it kept me at arm's length. Just didn't seem to have the heart of the previous two. It was written sharply and packed to the hilt with gags, but it wasn;t enough. Maybe it's like wine, who knows?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I want to see this. I love an idiotic stalker shark movie.

Good solid fun.

The Funhouse (1981) Dir: Tobe Hooper

Really, really takes it time building up, but not a bad time waster, and I can almost see some of the style Hooper was allotted into Poltergeist, even though that film was essentially a Spielberg project. The anamorphic lensed squeezing blue beams of light mixed with the prose-like crane shots of the little boy with baseball cap were like the little boy having scary tree and clown nightmares in Poltergeist. Also, there is a visual style that really takes advantage of the theme park surroundings...chromatic color tonalities like orange, red, purple and pink lighted areas massaged with darkened vignettes and black space around each exhibition make the atmosphere really pop. Plus, the ending was orchestrated in a way that called back to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This film is the epitome of Tobe Hooper style. If you were ever confused, like I was, about what kind of signature style Tobe Hooper had as a director, this is your front row ticket to witness him firing up the engines. It's true that some of the acting was flat, and not all sound aspects were defined in the tech department, but there was some structure, some characterization, and some creepy moments littered with humor, and according to rumor, this film was the reason Spielberg wanted Hooper to direct Poltergeist for him. Makes sense to me.

Prisoners (2013)

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Friday the 13th (2009)

It's the ugliest damn movie I've ever seen, but it's chock-full of all the brazenly dumb, incidentally comical, and disturbingly brutal material any fan of the franchise should be able to appreciate. Scream might have made it impossible to use these character types earnestly, but Platinum Dunes is lazy enough, or secretly brilliant enough, to turn it to 11 with a straight face. Segments like the strip tease around the campfire is Naked Gun levels of absurd, and the filler in previous installments hasn't been half as entertaining.

Of course, this movie couldn't go over well without some quality kills, and there are two or three memorable ones scattered throughout. Jason under the floorboards, the sleeping bag rotisserie, and the dock gigging in particular are all highlights. Quite the missed opportunity not ramming somebody's face through the bug zapper, but maybe it sparked the idea for somebody else to use. All in all, it's not as repulsive or mean spirited as some of its predecessors (that wheel chair kill in Part 2), but it's above board considering the body count.

I'm kind of baffled some people think this movie is the one that sullied the franchise, like it was ever spotless to begin with.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

Why the hell did I like this so much!? It's like Die Hard but with shady lawyers and a semi-suave hit-man.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Hitman's Bodyguard
++ That was some popcorn-devouring, laughing cuz th' ***** be crazy, silly-@ss fun.
And bonus?
Salma Hayek swearing in both English AND Spanish!! I just quiver and tremble thinking about it

Double
+++ I gotta tell ya, Eisenberg is one of those I just don't care for and can't honestly pinpoint THE reason - he just does. But he is IDEAL for this role in this dark, awkward and surreal tale by Richard Ayoade.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Hitman's Bodyguard
++ That was some popcorn-devouring, laughing cuz th' ***** be crazy, silly-@ss fun.
And bonus?
Salma Hayek swearing in both English AND Spanish!! I just quiver and tremble thinking about it .

OMG has a prison inmate ever looked hotter. Salma was amazing, martha focker. You Lost my hosbande?