Pets

Tools    

TNR - that's fantastic. Here in Connecticut, 3 of our cats live outside. Pixie comes inside to sleep in our basement in the winter, but the other two have never been inside a house. They are both very happy cats & have survived many winters outside. Husband sets up all kinds of protected "condos" for them & they can sleep in a crawl space under the porch if they want to. As long as your kitty has some kind of shelter from the elements she will be fine IMO. We also have two cat colonies on our street where the cats are fixed & fed & they never come indoors.

Kudos to you for taking pity on a poor animal.
I had a cat door put in the side door in the garage. A cat from the past used to use it.

I had a cat door put in the side door in the garage. A cat from the past used to use it.
That's fine so long as unwanted critters don't use it.

That's fine so long as unwanted critters don't use it.
A coon came in for a visit once. It's just the garage though. I heard it when I was sitting in my car smoking.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
A coon came in for a visit once. It's just the garage though. I heard it when I was sitting in my car smoking.
I saw a video this morning of a ranger saving two raccoons from a sweltering dumpster. Very cute animals.

The boys relaxing on the deck this morning

Are they from the same litter Cricket? When my brothers dog had pups he told his kids to choose one that they could keep, they all picked the same one,brother was curious and asked why, he found it strange they didn't argue and bicker over it, turned out that the pup they all agreed on had a marking on it's leg which looked like the Nike logo!

Are they from the same litter Cricket? When my brothers dog had pups he told his kids to choose one that they could keep, they all picked the same one,brother was curious and asked why, he found it strange they didn't argue and bicker over it, turned out that the pup they all agreed on had a marking on it's leg which looked like the Nike logo!
No but we got them from the same store who got them both from Montana. They could be distant relatives who knows.

I don't know the circumstances, but why were these poor creatures left behind during Harvey?

Speaking of pets and Harvey, if you make it through this collection with a dry eye then theres something wrong with your soul... Personally I was tearing up just looking at the story title but then Im a sucker for these kinds of things...

The last one by itself got me to run to the phone and track down the Houston Humane Society and donate a good chunk of last weeks salary...

Amazing link from I. Rex. Did we learn nothing from Katrina? Again, people not being allowed in shelters if they bring their pets with them. Dogs left behind to drown. Poor little blind dog just finished me off.

Just popped up on my feed

To help animals, check the San Antonio Humane Society, which has set up an emergency fund for pets and strays, or the Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals . And the Houston Humane Society needs money, too.
Food, bowls, bedding, collars and leads for anyone wanting to donate but dont have the cash.

Food, bowls, bedding, collars and leads for anyone wanting to donate but dont have the cash.
Confused 'cos you'd still have to pay for stuff. You mean put it on a credit card?

Confused 'cos you'd still have to pay for stuff. You mean put it on a credit card?
Ofcourse, or spares. I always have spres in the car for runaways, even spare crates. Not everyone has cash on hand for charity drives, and charity fatigue makes giving objects less distasteful than dollars for those who suffer from it.