The MoFo Top 100 of the 1940's

→ in
Tools    

Wasn't Hollywood in crisis during 50s and 60s,
Think Hollywood started changing alot during the 60s but not necessarily for the worse, depends what you like. The 50s is usually seen as part of Hollywoods Golden Age. And even if Hollywood was having troubles in those decades alot of important foreign movements took hold during those decades.

Think Hollywood started changing alot during the 60s but not necessarily for the worse, depends what you like. The 50s is usually seen as part of Hollywoods Golden Age. And even if Hollywood was having troubles in those decades alot of important foreign movements took hold during those decades.
That's what I meant , and it had a lot to do with the entire world (culturaly) changing in the 60s. It definately was a revolution in the postitve sense in mid to late 60s, with The Graduate being the 1st New Hollywood movie. 2001, of course. But I read or heard it was in a crises since 40s until then, when it finally reacted to the changing world.

IMO the greatest change in Hollywood films came not because of any cultural waves. That would have occurred in any case.

But there were two major factors that changed the old ways, and allowed for the types of films that would be made. 1. The break up of the old studio system, instituted by the late '40s anti-trust suit against the major studios. By the later '50s, half of the films made were by independent parties. 2. The inexorable advent of television. TV was clamoring for talent, and it was a wide open idiom. In fact the "small screen" is still trying to sound the dealth knell for theater movies...

~Doc

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
So I started to watch My Darling Clementine but I was so damn tired that I couldn't finish. Didn't help it was going to be my third consecutive movie. But I can say I will not get to it before I submit my list tonight

So I started to watch My Darling Clementine but I was so damn tired that I couldn't finish. Didn't help it was going to be my third consecutive movie. But I can say I will not get to it before I submit my list tonight
Bummer dude.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Along with cricket's list, and raul's list, Miss Vicky has also sent hers. That now takes the total up to 28 lists.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
So for all the people who haven't sent in a list yet to Silent Vamp and aren't planning on it, why not???? Your list is needed!

It's totally easy, and important too.....Info Link
I just clicked on the "info link" to see what you are telling people to look at. What else would it have been? If I am that much of a ditz, are you sure I can be trusted with this countdown?!

Newer members, yes I'm talking to you

See that link at the top of the MoFo site that says LISTS...that's where this Countdown list will go when it's completed.

So you have a chance to get your favorite 1940s movies on that official MoFo list.......How cool is that??? Very cool!

I just clicked on the "info link" to see what you are telling people to look at. What else would it have been? If I am that much of a ditz, are you sure I can be trusted with this countdown?!
Of course I am.

I don't know for all of you guyz, but in preparation of making my list I rewatched and watched quite a bit of 40's film and I must say that I am a bit tired of film noir, most then 3/4 of the films I've seen are film noir haha. Am I the only one who noticed that?

I don't know for all of you guyz, but in preparation of making my list I rewatched and watched quite a bit of 40's film and I must say that I am a bit tired of film noir, most then 3/4 of the films I've seen are film noir haha. Am I the only one who noticed that?
no mate I've noticed it too. You da man and I respect you brotha

This will be my first MoFo countdown and I plan to go on a 40's flicks watching spree before it.
This thing is very interesting for me.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I think around 15 of my 25 picks are noirs and the other 10 have definitely noir elements in it! xD that's why I love this decade so much!