The MoFo Top 100 of the 1940's

→ in
Tools    

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Well, just to announce it.

I am DONE with my list!!!

It was hard, but I accomplished it. I actually put it off for awhile thinking that might make it easier. It seems that I get a lot more accomplished when I wait until the end. But I also just wanted to not think about it anymore. So, I finished it last night.

Quite honestly, even though I had made announcements, I didn't realize how close to the deadline we really are until I was skipping ahead in the TV schedule last night and saw how close September 3rd was.

Kaplan and Yoda have sent in our 19th and 20th lists.

If you are planning on submitting a list, there is a little over a week left before the deadline of September 3rd.

I will send mine in Friday. Might sneak in a couple more this week. @mark f @cricket anything you guys can recommend that you think is in my wheelhouse?

I have 4 or 5 movies I would like to watch this week, then I am turning my list in.
I will send mine in Friday.
I'll be sending mine on Tuesday.
Sounds good.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
If you are planning on submitting a list, there is a little over a week left before the deadline of September 3rd.

I have a few more movies on my DVR that I have to watch, but I'll have my list done soon.

This is good stuff because I'm most passionate about 40s right now. I'll send you mine right away, my Silent Lady.

I wouldn't be able to do it a year ago, since I've been on an absolute roller-coaster film watching, especially old ones, because I was frustrated since I saw like 0 of them. And there are members here who saw literally 1000 times more than me (Mark), or know about film 1000 times more than me (Rules).

It will sure be full of a certain director and especially actor who collaborated together, and I'm not revealing anything since I'm not actually saying who the pair is, I might surprise you, if anyone knows even what I'm talking about.

The MoFo Top 100 of the 1940's
Improper apostrophe use.
Apostrophe's imply possession, and in the case of this statement, the "1940s" are not possessing anything. Here is an alternative sentence:

Typo_Bots Greatest Film's of the 1940s

Your Welcome,
Typo_Bot

Improper apostrophe use.
Apostrophe's imply possession, and in the case of this statement, the "1940s" are not possessing anything. Here is an alternative sentence:

Typo_Bots Greatest Film's of the 1940s

Your Welcome,
Typo_Bot
Improper explanation of apostrophe use.
Apostrophes imply either possession or omission.

My pleashure

Improper explanation of apostrophe use.
Apostrophes imply either possession or omission.

My pleashure
Typo Bot is here only to enforce the Grammar Law, he himself is above it.

Typo Bot is here only to enforce the Grammar Law, he himself is above it.
Ah, silly me; off coarse he is!

OK, OK. I got my ballot in.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Okay, I had more films to add to this than I thought. Actually quite a few I'm proud to put on the list.

But indeed, it's looking thin... I would say I got just under 10 really good ones, which I definitely love and want on my list. From then on out it kinda drops in quality a little bit and from around 14-15 it's beginning to be debatable whether I should even add more movies to the list...

I really need to do some last minute watchings, but I'm not good with old films. I love them, I respect them and one of my all-time favorite films is from the 40s. Yet I find them a bit harder to get into and actually sit down and watch. As these MoFo decade lists keep going down I find less and less movies to add. I'm REALLY gonna have a problem with the 30s I think... I guess it's also just a matter of time until we put all decades together into one list (i.e. from the beginning of film to 1920 or whatever)

Okay, I had more films to add to this than I thought. Actually quite a few I'm proud to put on the list.

But indeed, it's looking thin... I would say I got just under 10 really good ones, which I definitely love and want on my list. From then on out it kinda drops in quality a little bit and from around 14-15 it's beginning to be debatable whether I should even add more movies to the list...

I really need to do some last minute watchings, but I'm not good with old films. I love them, I respect them and one of my all-time favorite films is from the 40s. Yet I find them a bit harder to get into and actually sit down and watch. As these MoFo decade lists keep going down I find less and less movies to add. I'm REALLY gonna have a problem with the 30s I think... I guess it's also just a matter of time until we put all decades together into one list (i.e. from the beginning of film to 1920 or whatever)
I feel the same way. They're from another era. My era begins with John Lennon. That's why I haven't seen almost anything until i really got into like "I REALLY want to watch every single movie ever made". I haven't even been able to endure a movie for years, believe it or not, more or less, not even on TV. The last thrilling experience was the last Potter which I saw in cinema when it came out in 2012. I guess I'm balanced now with this frenzy, I won't dare to say I'm becoming or even approaching Mark, but it begun on Christmas day and since then I saw about 1000 (all of whom I never saw before). That's about 5 a day in average.

I'm surprised with this 40s problem. Isn't it considered the greatest era even? Only behind 70s maybe? Citizen Kane, Casablanca, The Third Man, The Great Dictator, The Philadelphia Story, The Grapes of Wrath, It's a Wonderful Life, It Happened on Fifth Avenue, Gilda, Rebecca, Double Indemnity, Rope, Notorious, The Maltese Falcon, Bicycle Thieves, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, Dumbo, The Best Years of Our Lives, Laura, The Picture of Dorian Grey, Key Largo, Mildred Pierce, To Have and Have Not, Desire Me, White Heat, that's 25, for example. (I'm not saying this is my list). For any movie lover without constraints they should be appealing.

There's no way the 70s is greatest!! in my opinion
That's what I'm saying, Raul. It's 40s then, imo. Wasn't Hollywood in crisis during 50s and 60s, or at least considered it? I don't knoe why. Because people focused their attention to rock 'n' roll in the 50s ,and rock in the 60s?

@Yoda, thank you.

We received a few lists over the past few days. They were from:
re93animator
Beatle
Holden
Nestorio
jal90

So that takes our total up to 25 lists.

There is less than a week to go to get your lists in!