Anyone got a curved screen TV?

Tools    

I'm finally looking to upgrade to 4K, never had a curved screen TV so I'm looking to get some advice.
I'm leaning heavily towards Samsung tbh, it's a brand I've never had a problem with really
Screen size will be a minimum of 55"
Sound quality isn't a factor at all
But I'm cautious about curved screens as I have zero experience with them

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Found a good article for you.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...d-cons-2912678

The People's Republic of Clogher
I've got a friend who sells high end TVs and when I bought my new one from him earlier in the year he said 'don't bother' when the conversation turned to curved sets.

I can totally see the appeal in something like a computer monitor where you're sitting centrally, a couple of feet from the screen but on a large living room TV? There'd be a mad rush for the most central seat every evening.

Yeah, unless you're the only one watching on the tv and you sit dead centre and not too far away and that you go for a minimum of 65" THEN a curved screen might be a fun thing to have. But apart from that it's not really worth it.

I don't know what your budget is, but if you have the money I would consider going OLED. They are getting cheaper now, especially with the competition from Sony and Panasonic and more, so it's not just LG running the game... I own an LG OLED E6 65" and I've always been constantly interested in the new television on the market. And this is by far the best television I have ever owned. HDR looks good on some high end Samsung and other brands, but the infinite black level of an OLED is unbeatable as a television experience...

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yeah, unless you're the only one watching on the tv and you sit dead centre and not too far away and that you go for a minimum of 65" THEN a curved screen might be a fun thing to have. But apart from that it's not really worth it.

I don't know what your budget is, but if you have the money I would consider going OLED. They are getting cheaper now, especially with the competition from Sony and Panasonic and more, so it's not just LG running the game... I own an LG OLED E6 65" and I've always been constantly interested in the new television on the market. And this is by far the best television I have ever owned. HDR looks good on some high end Samsung and other brands, but the infinite black level of an OLED is unbeatable as a television experience...
I know a few people with that TV, and I covet it. I covet it a lot.

Talking of curved screens, I'm beginning to look at new monitors. If I take leave of my senses (like I did when I bought my current monitor) it'll be a 21:9 curved 1440p.

Then again I could spend that money getting the house decorated.

I should've added that I have a recliner that is considered a throne, it resides in the sweet spot, nobody else sits in it (except the cat) the girlfriend has a sofa but it's me that will be paying for the TV. Her view from her usual position will be about 25 degrees from mine so shouldn't be too bad but is it worth risking the wrath......

Maybe I'll stick with flat
Somebody else recommended OLED, but also suggested I wait for black Friday, but that'll be about 2 weeks after I get the Xbox one X, didn't think this would be such a dilemma lol

Were you planning to have it wall-mounted? I note in the link I posted that they said a curved screen looks so awkward when it's mounted.

Were you planning to have it wall-mounted? I note in the link I posted that they said a curved screen looks so awkward when it's mounted.
I have a decent stand that it'll be mounted on, so I can even adjust the viewing angle if need be

I have a decent stand that it'll be mounted on, so I can even adjust the viewing angle of need be
Sounds like you've made your decision to buy.

I have a decent stand that it'll be mounted on, so I can even adjust the viewing angle of need be
Sounds like you've made your decision to buy.
I really haven't lol, I think I'll wait til black Friday, time to make a decision and save some money hopefully

Oh yes, indood I deed.
I have a smaller flatscreen in my room but the tv in the living room is curved like my wife