What do you think of How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I didn't like the movie when I was a kid, cause I felt that the Whos who treated the Grinch so badly that they I got totally on board with the Grinch and felt like the Whos totally deserved their punishment.

But this is in contrast with the 60s cartoon short, I was use to as a kid in which the Grinch is portrayed as the one who is in the wrong. But as an adult watching the 2000 version again, maybe it was intentional to portray the Who people was the ones who needed to have their threat of having their gifts taken away to be taught a lesson. Maybe it was intentional and the director wanted to portray a more opposite take on it?

What do you think?

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

I enjoy it for Jim Carrey's performance. Outside of that, there's nothing about it that stands out for me. Imo, the newer Christmas movies don't hold a candle to the older ones such as 'the man in the santa claus suit' or 'miracle on 34th st' (and I say that as a man still in his 20s lol). However, it's not a terrible movie and as I say Jim Carrey is very funny in it.

I love both Christmas specials by Dr. Seuss. The Grinch is a classic, humorous and heartwarming story. It is perfectly fit for kids to watch and even better for parents to watch over them.

The Jim Carrey version of the Grinch is a perfect example of how to bring any character to life, making the role your own. As for the Grinch in How The Grinch Stole Christmas(2000), I think it's a shame that it is often overlooked for the classic Grinch. I believe that this special deserves more respect.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I didn't like it. I felt that the Who people, were overall portrayed as so naive and obnoxious, that they actually deserved their punishment, but maybe I am being too dark on that one... I also felt it would have been better if they were just normal looking people rather than the approach of making them look freaky, and having to have the actors in all that make up.

Victim of The Night
I didn't like the movie when I was a kid, cause I felt that the Whos who treated the Grinch so badly that they I got totally on board with the Grinch and felt like the Whos totally deserved their punishment.

But this is in contrast with the 60s cartoon short, I was use to as a kid in which the Grinch is portrayed as the one who is in the wrong. But as an adult watching the 2000 version again, maybe it was intentional to portray the Who people was the ones who needed to have their threat of having their gifts taken away to be taught a lesson. Maybe it was intentional and the director wanted to portray a more opposite take on it?

What do you think?
I thought it was just awful.

I found it aggressively unpleasant when I watched it as a kid. I have not felt the urge to revisit it (I don't celebrate Christmas and I don't really like Jim Carrey).