The Twin Peaks Thread

Tools    

Really liked this latest episode but was disappointed about no Dougie, even though he was talked about.

Cool to see
WARNING: spoilers below
the late David Bowie make an appearance, but was that a scene directly from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me or a deleted scene? Either way, it fit right in.

I read (I believe it was on IMDB) that both Lynch and Showtime are not sure they're going to have a 2nd season. And if that's so, I doubt very much we'll get any concrete answers and I'm sure that'll just tickle Lynch to death.

EDIT: Oh, my favorite part of the episode was
WARNING: spoilers below
Monica Bellucci

This might just do nobody any good.
*sigh*

I guess it's time we said goodbye to Dougie.

Damn I'm like so behind on this

I guess I'll probably wait for this to end before rewatching the whole thing in one go

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I'm trying to get back in to web stuff, film watching and writing recently. Not watched many films this year but every week I wake up excited on Monday and make sure I watch Twin Peaks. This season is amazing, I ran out of superlatives long ago, each episode seems to top the one before it. The first two parts of episode 15, at the RR and the Convenience store, wow.

If anyone's interested, here's some stuff I wrote about the show up to and including episode 14 - https://screenhopping.co.uk/twin-peaks-episode-14/

Can't believe there is only three hours left, feel like there are so many character arcs to tie up.

This is best show where I can't comment on anything because I don't really get it.

Ep 15 had some might.
WARNING: "Ep 15" spoilers below
Ed and Norma, Margaret's tribute, Coop 'waking up.' I can't stop thinking about Cooper waking up. That bit was so subtle compared to what I was expecting, and KM nailed it.

My theories:
- Coop had a moment of realization, and light-socketed himself back into the black lodge to do... something.
- Audrey seems to be in a delusion.
- ... and it's a stretch, but I think that Diane and Bad Coop may be together, and they manufactured Dougie and Janey-E (Diane's sister) as diversions, or they just manufactured Dougie and purposely set him up with Diane's sister.

I'm hoping to save a general review for the end, rather than just continuing episode by episode.

WARNING: "E16" spoilers below
I think waiting all this time for Cooper was a good move. His snappy return was so fulfilling. Now it'll impossible for me not to smile every time I see him.

WARNING: "S3E16" spoilers below
Amazing. When he came back I cried like a baby, "I am the FBI" and the music... wow.

"I am the FBI."

Edit: spotlight

Laura Dern's acting was really the highlight of the episode for me. I never got into Diane's character and always thought she seemed extremely misplaced and completely opposite from what the original Twin Peaks implied about her, but in the last few minutes of her, she made me really like her. That last scene with her was amazing.

P.s Laura Dern ought to give some acting tips to the actress playing agent Preston. She seems pretty bad. And that walk... I mean, is she chewing gum with her a-hole?

Thing about bad acting in Twin Peaks... it totally fits.

Sure, some actors' off delivery carry more weight, but I don't think there's been a single performance didn't feel like it belonged.

Okay now that *spoilers* Coop is back and the Dougie thing is finally over, I'm really curious as to how they're going to conclude this series, considering there's just two more episodes left.

One gets the feeling Lynch seriously trolled with three episodes of Cooper in an 18-episode series.

Finally catching up. Watched episodes 11 and 12 tonight, watching another two tomorrow and another two on Saturday which will see me caught up for the last two episodes

P.s Laura Dern ought to give some acting tips to the actress playing agent Preston. She seems pretty bad. And that walk... I mean, is she chewing gum with her a-hole?
OH MAN! Chatterley, I was eating and I almost choked on my food because I had to laugh so hard! That's one of the funniest things I've ever read. Now I can't stop trying to imagine that.

Hmm...

OH MAN! Chatterley, I was eating and I almost choked on my food because I had to laugh so hard! That's one of the funniest things I've ever read. Now I can't stop trying to imagine that.
Sorry...don't choke
I mean, I like a sexy hip sway and all, but she is so overboard that it's becoming a gimmick.

Nah, she's just uncomfortable around Diane.

I think.

She has got to be one of the worst actresses in the history of television acting, maybe ever.