Vacations

Tools    

Are there any tours from Seattle to Olympic National Park, @Citizen Rules
I don't know for sure, but I would bet yes. I often see organized tours at Mt Rainer, so there most be some to the Olympic National Park (which is a very beautiful place to visit).

I haven't had a chance for a proper holiday in quite some time. Still won't get the chance this year, but I will be able to take a week off in Nov, and I shall escape to my home away from home. Can't wait!!!

I haven't had a chance for a proper holiday in quite some time. Still won't get the chance this year, but I will be able to take a week off in Nov, and I shall escape to my home away from home. Can't wait!!!
Are you taking a cruise by any chance?

You know there's always sale prices on cruises and you can get some really great prices. And cruises come as short as 1 day cruises, to 3 days, 5 days, 7, and on up.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Ireland perchance? I was just watching some irish dancing. Woooooo. Goosebumps.

Are you taking a cruise by any chance?

You know there's always sale prices on cruises and you can get some really great prices. And cruises come as short as 1 day cruises, to 3 days, 5 days, 7, and on up.
Nah, that's more my parent's bag.

Yep @Dani8. MY COHORTS.

Cat have you went on a cruise with your parents? The ships are sooooo big that you can go with a group of people but spend your time doing other actives and so no one is 'stuck' togehter.

Dare I ask how much one of those Seattle to Alaska cruises cost?
We took a 1 week cruise to Alaska from Seattle and it was early in the season and was $400 per person.

From my vacation:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska (2).jpg
Views:	189
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	33677   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska (6).jpg
Views:	202
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	33678   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska (74).jpg
Views:	181
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	33679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska (109).jpg
Views:	185
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	33680  

Wow that seems very cheap, CR

Not a bad price! Looks like fun
I'm a poor boy, so cruises are about the only way I can afford to go on a vacation. I've been on 15 cruises, twice to Alaska the rest were in the Caribbean, Hawaii and Mexico.

During the Alaska cruise we stopped in a different port town almost everyday and each is vastly different with tons to do.

This was the itinerary for the 7 day cruise
Seattle
Juneau
Skagway
Glacier Bay
Ketchikan
Victoria B.C. Canada
back to Seattle

Glacier Bay is a must for my lifetime.
Mine as well. I also want to take the rocky mountaineer train.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Mine as well. I also want to take the rocky mountaineer train.
I've been to the Rockies. Spectacular. I'm sure the train would be great as well.

I am just really digging deep and researching fun places to go. You only live once and there's a lot I want to see.

I've been to the Rockies. Spectacular. I'm sure the train would be great as well.

I am just really digging deep and researching fun places to go. You only live once and there's a lot I want to see.
My inlaws did it a few years ago. They said it was the best trip they ever had. I need to see the rockies.

Wanderlust - great, isnt it. I read an article recently about it being genetic. Always wondered where my travel bug came from. My parents were big travellers and I regard myself as pretty blessed they took us away to show us different parts of the world from a young age. When did you first get bitten?

And another thing, travel is getting cheaper eg our first flight to south america was 3 grand each. ouch. Now it's down to 1 grand depending on time of year. Probably the same over your way. Check out prices to Ecuador and Colombia - probably pretty cheap for you relatively speaking, and so much diversity. Ecuador is possibly my favourite place. If I had to retire somewhere else in the world that would be it.

Air flight is cheaper but still costly, at least for my limited means. That's why I like the idea of visiting a city like Seattle, then also taking a bonus cruise as you don't have to pay for airfare as you're already here. For me I can drive to Seattle so I can save that way, but if I take a cruise from Florida I have to fly cross country which ends up costing more than the cruise itself.

Air flight is cheaper but still costly, at least for my limited means. That's why I like the idea of visiting a city like Seattle, then also taking a bonus cruise as you don't have to pay for airfare as you're already here. For me I can drive to Seattle so I can save that way, but if I take a cruise from Florida I have to fly cross country which ends up costing more than the cruise itself.
Yeah that's practical thinking. Are you going to Seattle when Yoda is there?

And I agree about prices to go xcountry. An american friend wants to come over to do The Indian Pacific with me one day (train trip from east to west/west to east). I looked into prices and it's cheaper for her to fly here from NYC and back than it is for us to take the train and fly back to Sydney.

Yeah that's practical thinking. Are you going to Seattle when Yoda is there?
Yup, that's me practical and thrifty Nope, I'm not meeting Yoda, it would be cool but I live a long ways from Seattle, I'm out in the sticks. I hate driving into Seattle the traffic is bad, I try to avoid it, the last two times I went to Seattle was for cruises.

And I agree about prices to go xcountry. An american friend wants to come over to do The Indian Pacific with me one day (train trip from east to west/west to east). I looked into prices and it's cheaper for her to fly here from NYC and back than it is for us to take the train and fly back to Sydney.
Sometimes there's really good prices on airfare. My relatives just went to Italy and got a screaming deal on airline tickets.