Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I couldn't read the title. Would you kindly write it? Thanks.

~Doc
The Decent One

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
A great film, but:

1. 3 Days of a Blind Girl > Wait Until Dark
2. Veronica Yip > Audrey Hepburn
3. Anthony Wong > Alan Arkin

Sorry.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

had a sudden memory flash she died but I might be mixing that up with another movie.
Dani and SiB, the last we see of her character is when she comes to door, asking if everything is all right, then we never see her again. The mom kind of allayed her concerns, then went back to, well, you know.

It was alright, I'm a bit conflicted because it's the new take on Die Hard but we've seen three other Die Hards (John Wick, The Raid, Snowpiercer) and they all looked better, their worlds where more defined and I felt the need to watch them again. This was good but I'll never revisit it and I'm a little surprised at the hype.

It was alright, I'm a bit conflicted because it's the new take on Die Hard but we've seen three other Die Hards (John Wick, The Raid, Snowpiercer) and they all looked better, their worlds where more defined and I felt the need to watch them again. This was good but I'll never revisit it and I'm a little surprised at the hype.

Did you see the original? Also I am not sure about the Die Hard comparison, I get that it is one man against set enemies in a enclosed location but I still think it is different. Karl Urban I think did a great job and I like to revisit this every 6 months or so as I think it is another take on the action genre.

Did you see the original? Also I am not sure about the Die Hard comparison, I get that it is one man against set enemies in a enclosed location but I still think it is different. Karl Urban I think did a great job and I like to revisit this every 6 months or so as I think it is another take on the action genre.
Yeah I didn't see it as anything new or different, it actually felt like an 80's science fiction/action film.

And it's a different variation on the Die Hard theme not to say it's a rip off but after Die Hard came out it was Die Hard on a Boat (Under Siege), Die Hard on a mountain (Cliff Hanger), Die Hard in a prison (The Rock), Die Hard on a prison plane (Con Air),Die Hard on a plane (Executive Decision), Die Hard on a plane with a black guy (Passenger 57), Die Hard on President Plane's (Air Force One), Die Hard at the Presidents home (White House Down).

I can understand if you didn't grow up in the 90's this being something refreshing but for people of my generation this was Sunday afternoon matinee type stuff. At no point during the movie was I wowed.

Did you see the original?
I think it's better to call the 1995 Judge Dredd the first attempted adaptation, rather than "the original". The 2012 Dredd is a new take on the source material, and is not a remake or related to the Stallone flick.

Yeah I didn't see it as anything new or different, it actually felt like an 80's science fiction/action film.
It might remind you of older action films because the source material predates them. It's an adaptation from the 2000 AD comics, which have been in publication since the mid-late 70s.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Sorry Minio, I'm not into super underground, unknown Asian films.
It's neither underground nor unknown. As a matter of fact I never heard about the Hepburn movie prior to watching 3 Days of a Blind Girl and reading about the resemblance.

It's neither underground nor unknown. As a matter of fact I never heard about the Hepburn movie prior to watching 3 Days of a Blind Girl and reading about the resemblance.
Some people discover films in different ways than others I guess.

Unregistered User

A Ghost Story (2017)

I don't have the time nor the mental capacity today to write a review, as much as I would love to. This will surely be one of the most divisive films of 2017 and after seeing it, A Ghost Story is usually a film that I wouldn't like but I loved it. I walked out thinking, 'yeah it was good but nothing special' and as time has went on and the more I've thought about it (which is what I've done for the last few days) I now consider it one of the best films that I've seen for a while. I got so much out of it. There are funny moments, scenes that will make you jump, scenes of grief, hope, despair, everything. Of course, your perception of a film will depend on your mood etc, recently my close friend passed away, so I will admit that due to that, I felt like I could really connect to the film and probably rated it higher than I would otherwise.

Anyway, go watch it and see for yourself. The less known the better.