Any good really dark kidnapping/captivity movies?

Tools    

Highly recommend it, very much a Masterpiece.
How would you compare it to Twin Peaks? I saw that show. It had really interesting moments, but as a whole is went very overboard on eccentricity. Perhaps a bit too much for my liking.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hard Candy for sure. Nice one.

Hmmm. Not a movie but a tv show. Hannibal. Creepiest captor ever.

How would you compare it to Twin Peaks? I saw that show. It had really interesting moments, but as a whole is went very overboard on eccentricity. Perhaps a bit too much for my liking.
It's less surreal and "eccentric," but does have plenty of symbolism, and only a few strange moments here and there. It's definitely his most 'satisfying movie', because while it's radical and unconventional, it's never obscure or non-linear. Just see the film for yourself if you want anymore details, I already feel like I'm spoiling the sh*t out of it for you.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

OHH hell yeah some Quebec stuff! Love this flick and love the actor Marc-André Grondin.

I didn't say that, I said that I wasn't accustomed to them. I've grown up watching only modern films, so it takes some adjustment. I'm willing to give them a shot.
"Modern" films? LOL!! What exactly is a "modern" film?

"Modern" films? LOL!! What exactly is a "modern" film?
You seem like the type that pushes their intellectual weight on others. You could've easily approached the discussion in a less condescending manner.

What I mean is:this: I've watched movies that were made closely within the period that I watched them. I've seen lots of movies that were made in the 90s, some in the 80s. Lots in the 00s. Very rarely did I watch movies that were made before the 80s. I have a suspicious feeling that you knew what I meant, tbh.

That rings bell.

Wolf Creek?

That rings bell.

Wolf Creek?

Seed might be another.

I saw a south african movie in this genre but cant remember the name. Pretty good so I'll do a search.

Two more aussie movies that are pretty grubby. 2nd one is not exactly kidnapping but mental torture

And the other one I mentioned might be this. Guy from district 9 is in it. If that's the one I'm thinking of I really liked it

Oh and

that'll do for now

The only time math was ever useful for something!
I loved that. Vincenzo Natali is awesome squared.

Movieoverflow
Have you watched 3096(2013) days the story about Nataschi Kampusch or the new one Berlin Syndrome(2017) ?

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I watched 3096 tonight and this was right up my alley. Reminded me of Michael the 2011 Austrian film only a little more sensationalized.