Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Yellow Sky (1948)

From the top 100 westerns list, Gregory Peck leads his band of outlaws from a robbery to refuge in a ghost town. The only inhabitants are a tough girl (Anne Baxter) her grampa, and their gold. The gang member's motivation, decency, and honesty vary, leading to severe infighting and betrayal. The always weaselly Richard Widmark co-stars.

Christain F

I give it a 9/10. I found it to be a really immersive and harrowing teen drama about heroin addiction. Also David Bowie.
Never heard of this before. It looks really good.

Christain F

I give it a 9/10. I found it to be a really immersive and harrowing teen drama about heroin addiction. Also David Bowie.
Never heard of this before. It looks really good.
I was impressed though i feel desinsitized since i wasn't as disturbed as most people seem to be.

movies can be okay...

"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

The devils (1971)

10/10 I can't believe I waited this long to finally watch it. Better than I expected and I already had high expectations.

I was impressed though i feel desinsitized since i wasn't as disturbed as most people seem to be.
It's more a harrowing watch than disturbing imo so don't feel out of step

It's more a harrowing watch than disturbing imo so don't feel out of step
Harrowing is a good descriptor. Its the word id use to describe Come and See.

8 Mile - 8/10

No Regrets for Our Youth (1946)

This is an early Kurosawa film about the political views of different people back in the 30's. I thought it was worth watching for star Setsuko Hara. Her story is interesting, but I found the political aspect to be largely dull.

movies can be okay...

- If you're in the mood or have time to get angry and frustrated, I would recommend watching this film. It is an interesting commentary on society's obsessive crave for fame.
Furthermore, an actual murderer is playing the main character, I thought that was pretty fascinating !

Hana Bi....been holding off watching this as heard it was very episodic and hollow. Didn't see that at all. I thought Takeshi *was* Nishi. Some of his facial expressions are so stoic but childish (I realise this was not long after his motorcycle crash). The scenes between Nishi and his wife are very touching. 4.5/5.

Penelope (1966)

Is there anyone who doesn't love "Manchester By The Sea"?
I don't like. It's a total cliche.