Suspect's Top 50 Films You Hate, But He Loves.

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
38. Masters of the Universe

17%

"There are lots of flashes and bangs, but the effects are neither special nor camp enough to be more than vaguely amusing."

"If nothing else, we can probably thank Lundgren for ensuring that there will be no more Rambo movies in the near future because he has obviously depleted the world supply of body grease."

"A misfiring, underdone epic that takes its inspiration not from life or literature, but from a toy line and the cartoon series it inspired."

I debated putting this one on my list too, simply because my review of it, while still stating that it is a guilty pleasure, settled on a
. I'm making an exemption due to the content in this list and my constant viewings of it as a child. If I were to rate it based on guilty pleasures....it'd be a lot higher. Nonetheless, I feel like this is at a controversial spot and maybe should be closer to 48-50.

Langella as Skelator is some great fun and YES, Cox is still annoying as hell in this film.

He-Man is in our world, because let's face it, it's cheaper and he must find a magical key. Key chase sequences, lots of flexing and dumb characters doing dumb things. The assassins in the film are badass though and a highlight every time. This film belongs on the list of cheesy, so bad it's good pile.

Suspect's Reviews

38. Masters of the Universe

17%

"There are lots of flashes and bangs, but the effects are neither special nor camp enough to be more than vaguely amusing."

"If nothing else, we can probably thank Lundgren for ensuring that there will be no more Rambo movies in the near future because he has obviously depleted the world supply of body grease."

"A misfiring, underdone epic that takes its inspiration not from life or literature, but from a toy line and the cartoon series it inspired."

I debated putting this one on my list too, simply because my review of it, while still stating that it is a guilty pleasure, settled on a
. I'm making an exemption due to the content in this list and my constant viewings of it as a child. If I were to rate it based on guilty pleasures....it'd be a lot higher. Nonetheless, I feel like this is at a controversial spot and maybe should be closer to 48-50.

Langella as Seklator is some great fun and YES, Cox is still annoying as hell in this film.

He-Man is in our world, because let's face it, it's cheaper and he must find a magical key. Key chase sequences, lots of flexing and dumb characters doing dumb things. The assassins in the film are badass though and a highlight every time. This film belongs on the list of cheesy, so bad it's good pile.

F**K AND YES!!!!

I don't care that the movie was made on the cheap by Canon. I don't care if it has a crappy and "Fantasy Hero comes to our world" twist to keep the budget low. I don't care that this movie has a severe lack of Man-E-Faces, Buzz Off, Battle Cat, Trap Jaw, Whiplash, and Clawful. I don't care that Dolph Lundgren can't settle on a damn accent! I love this movie! Massive flaws and all! The movie is fun, a direct portal to my childhood, and the right kind of cheese! And their ain't a damn thing anyone can say to change my mind!

I really like Payback. More than enough to buy both versions of the film so I could decide which cut I like more (which turned out to be the theatrical cut and not the Straight Up edition).

Masters of the Universe is definitely one of those films that is so bad it's kind of amazing. Frank Langella's constant chewing on scenery really makes it fun to watch.

37. Blue Streak

36%

"The resumes of the minds behind it almost define Hollywood formula mediocrity."

"It's Rush Hour meets 48 Hours meets Bad Boys except this time around there's only one bad boy and the script and direction are subpar."

"The blatant disregard for reality might have been excusable if any of the execution was actually funny."

Martin Lawrence has made some bad movies and Blue Streak might be one of them, I'm not sure, since a good Martin Lawrence film is still usually a bad film in general. What I do know though is that when this came out I watched it a lot and I laughed a lot. Two signs that point to guilty pleasure.

Miles is a diamond thief and just stole a $17 million dollar diamond. His partner decides to double cross him, but the police arrive just in time. So Miles has to stash the diamond in the duct-work of a building that is under construction. He goes to prison. Once he gets out a few years later, he goes back to the building to retrieve the diamond, the only problem is that it is now a police station.

Blue Streak came out when Lawrence wasn't on the human population's nerves. It was before Dave Chappelle was a popular comic. Both of these guys are genuinely funny in this film and the straight man Luke Wilson plays off the absurdity of these two characters very well.

Comedies are subjective and what is funny for one person, is stupid for another. Which is why comedies are so hard to nail down. Heck, a film you thought was funny when you were younger, might not be funny when you're older. That very much could be the case here, but Blue Streak remains to be a stupid film that I can just sit back and enjoy.

Welcome to the human race...
I guess I should be thankful that the only exposure I've really had to Lawrence is through both Bad Boys movies, where he somehow manages to be more tolerable than Will Smith simply because Smith plays such an unlikeable jerkass. This does have an okay premise, though - I remember catching this German movie a while back that was pretty much the same premise but with a high school instead of a police station and I remember...not hating it, I guess.

Still wondering where a certain Broken Lizard movie is going to rank on this list...

49. Dracula
Dead & Loving It

11%

"Either this is the lamest Mel Brooks comedy ever or it's too close to other contenders to make much difference."

"Not to venture forth some sort of radical idea, but aren't comedies supposed to have jokes?"

"There isn't any sight sadder than the old champion being unaware that his time has passed away."

Shame on you!!!!

This film is probably the most underrated Mel Brooks comedy he's ever done. Yes, when you compare it to the classics, it's not in the same league, but here he's having some great fun with a classic horror tale.

Usually Mel Brooks in his films are a bit tedious, but here he serves the comedy effectively well. Leslie Nielsen does his thing, which is always humourous and the real stand out has to be Peter MacNicol, perfectly cast as Renfield.

There is a gag that I will always laugh at no matter how many times I see it. When Harker, played by Steven Weber, must plunge a stake through his lover's heart. He, unknowingly to him, is blasted with 200 gallons of blood. Mel Brooks quietly proclaims that she's not quite dead yet, which makes him to blasted again. Too funny.

This is the last film Brooks directed and it took a beating by critics, fans and the box office. It has a lot of funny jokes and homages to the genre. You won't see this film at the top of anyone's "best of" list, but it's nowhere near as bad as people say.

Movie was a classic!

37. Blue Streak

36%

"The resumes of the minds behind it almost define Hollywood formula mediocrity."

"It's Rush Hour meets 48 Hours meets Bad Boys except this time around there's only one bad boy and the script and direction are subpar."

"The blatant disregard for reality might have been excusable if any of the execution was actually funny."

Martin Lawrence has made some bad movies and Blue Streak might be one of them, I'm not sure, since a good Martin Lawrence film is still usually a bad film in general. What I do know though is that when this came out I watched it a lot and I laughed a lot. Two signs that point to guilty pleasure.

Miles is a diamond thief and just stole a $17 million dollar diamond. His partner decides to double cross him, but the police arrive just in time. So Miles has to stash the diamond in the duct-work of a building that is under construction. He goes to prison. Once he gets out a few years later, he goes back to the building to retrieve the diamond, the only problem is that it is now a police station.

Blue Streak came out when Lawrence wasn't on the human population's nerves. It was before Dave Chappelle was a popular comic. Both of these guys are genuinely funny in this film and the straight man Luke Wilson plays off the absurdity of these two characters very well.

Comedies are subjective and what is funny for one person, is stupid for another. Which is why comedies are so hard to nail down. Heck, a film you thought was funny when you were younger, might not be funny when you're older. That very much could be the case here, but Blue Streak remains to be a stupid film that I can just sit back and enjoy.

No idea what they're talking about. Blue Streak was great!

36. The Family Stone

52%

"The movie feels a lot like slacker brother Ben: a little sloppy, mostly predictable, some flashes of poignancy and wisdom, but ultimately doesn't live up to its potential."

"a gob of yuletide Play-Doh"

"A feel-bad holiday film about a repellent family, with a milquetoast dad and a smug, devious harpy of a mom."

Not every film here is a genre type flick. Here is a holiday film that I've seen too many times to admit, The Family Stone.

The critics and a lot of people felt that the characters were too mean and not likeable. Who cares? How many christmas holiday films feature a dysfunctional family? The answer my friend is A LOT!!! The Family Stone stands apart because it has a solid cast, emotional highlights and is honestly, a lot of fun. The one missteps I'll always admit to is the swapping of the girlfriends with the brothers. That's just absurd.

When I tell people that I really like this film, they give me puzzled looks. This might even stand out as the weirdest one of this list because it's not a stylized genre pic like Deep Blue Sea or Masters of the Universe. It's just a film about a family, one I'll revisit again I'm sure.

I genuinely like and enjoy Rocky IV.

First two are classics, really good maybe even great films, but third was bad. So I'm glad the fourth came to my rescue!

35. The Replacements

41%

"A haphazard film about half as sophisticated as the average beer commercial."

"This negligible comedy might as well come with a bouncing ball so members of the audience can recite the dialogue along with the actors."

"One of the worst things I have ever had the misfortune of watching. Cliche writing, terrible acting, this movie gets very little right."

I like Keanu Reeves and he delivers another entertaining flick with this football comedy. Gene Hackman, Orlando Jones and Jon Favreau also star as a ragtag team replacing football players during a strike.

It's heartfelt with some good jokes, positive vibes and a thrilling final game. Sure, a lot of it is absolutely absurd, but that's half the fun of it. It's a very fun and light comedy.

This is another film that has found a fan-base. I'm not too sure how vocal they are about it, but it deserves a spot on this list.

Pain heels. Chicks dig scars....glory lasts forever.

[center]36. The Family Stone

52%

[i]"The movie feels a lot like slacker brother Ben: a little sloppy, mostly predictable, some flashes of poignancy and wisdom, but ultimately doesn't live up to its potential."

"a gob of yuletide Play-Doh"

"
Very nice to see some love for this movie...hated it the first time I watched it, but it grew on me with a couple of re-watches...the movie was definitely marketed incorrectly, but I've grown to respect it...Keaton is brilliant.

The original cut of Payback shouldn't be that good, but I heard the director's cut of Payback has gotten a cult following and is generally considered really awesome. That's the one I've been meaning to watch for some time...