My Favorite Onscreen Television Chemistry

Tools    

Ted Knight and Georgia Engel, The Mary Tyler Moore Show

The show really struck gold with these two...Engel's character joining the show definitely made Knight's more tolerable.

Chandra Wilson and James Pickes, Jr. Grey's Anatomy

One of my favorite television friendships...every moment these two actors share onscreen is appointment television.

Ron Howard and Henry Winkler, Happy Days

One of the greatest TV bromances ever, though I think both characters would freak out at their relationship being labeled that way.

Bob Newhart and Suzanne Pleshette, The Bob Newhart Show

When I first heard these two were doing a sitcom together, I really didn't get it at all, but I was proven wrong. RIP, Suzanne

Alan Alda and Wayne Rogers, MASH

Alda is another actor who has chemistry with anyone and he and Mike Farrell were fine together, but these two together were something really special...RIP, Wayne.

Dan Rowan and Dick Martin, Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In

Showing my age with this one, but does anyone else remember how funny these two were? RIP, Guys

William Devane and Nicolette Sheridan, Knots Landing

Never mind the age difference, the sexually charged chemistry between these two was off the charts.

I've looked at the whole list so far and am really enjoying it. I've seen most of these but without going back, I'll just touch on a few I can remember off-hand:

Archie Bunker and Gloria:
I love this choice, for all the reasons you stated and for two favorite moments: When Gloria had her miscarriage and excited grandfather-to-be Archie comes to her, carrying stuffed toys etc. for the baby, and she says, "Daddy, I lost the baby." Archie acts like he doesn't really know what she's saying or he refuses to believe it and says, "You lost the baby?" Then he goes to her and just cradles her in his arms. Even this old man still cries thinking about that moment. Then the episode where Archie calls Gloria "Little Girl" (like he did in almost every episode) and Gloria says, "I'm not your little girl anymore." Archie almost gets furious and says, "Don't you ever say that! You'll always be my little girl." Just so classic and heart-tugging.

Andy Sipowicz and Bobby Simone:

Andy's second partner and my favorite of his. Bobby was open and honest with Andy and they always had each other's back. My favorite moment is when
WARNING: spoilers below
Bobby finds out that a body on the morgue table is Andy's street-cop son and he has to tell him and Bobby is almost gulping with disbelief and the burden of having to reveal that painful truth to Andy.

Bayliss and Pembleton:

I never missed Homicide: Life on the Street and I loved it when these two were together. Of course, the show always went through the roof when Pembleton got a suspect in "The Box." But these two were awesome together.

Hawkeye and Trapper John:

For me, any pairing on M*A*S*H* is great, because it's my all-time favorite television show. I was more of a Hawkeye/B.J. fan, but Hawkeye and Trapper were great together also. Wayne Rogers could pull some of the greatest faces I've seen on TV, but I always thought that they gave Hawkeye the lion's share of funny lines, making Trapper more of the straight man to Hawkeye. When B.J. came along he was more of Hawkeye's equal. I wonder if Wayne Rogers left the show because of the lines, the money, or the need to do something else?

I like your pick of James Pickens Jr. with Chandra Wilson and Ellen Pompeo. I think he has such presence on the show, he can be paired with anyone and tear up the screen.

Bob Newhart and Suzanne Pleshette on The Bob Newhart Show: They were one of my favorite all-time couples. I've always loved her since childhood and I thought she almost stole the show from him in certain scenarios.

Great pairings, can't wait to see the rest. There's a certain cop show couple (male/female) from the 80's that I won't name but I certainly hope to see. They always had they're private time at the end of the show. I hope you know whom I'm talking about and you've watched this show.

I've looked at the whole list so far and am really enjoying it. I've seen most of these but without going back, I'll just touch on a few I can remember off-hand:

I like your pick of James Pickens Jr. with Chandra Wilson and Ellen Pompeo. I think he has such presence on the show, he can be paired with anyone and tear up the screen.
So glad to see someone shares my love for James Pickens Jr. and you're right...he's another one of those actors who has chemistry with anyone he steps onscreen with.

Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally, Will & Grace

These two were a well-oiled machine...I can't think of two actors who had such an acute sense of each other as actors as these two did...it's like they were one actor at times.

Tim Conway and Harvey Korman, The Carol Burnett Show

Were there any two guys who made us (and each other) laugh on TV during the late 60's early 70's more than these two? RIP, Harvey.

Mary Tyler Moore and Edward Asner, The Mary Tyler Moore Show

These two were something very special together...I even remember what episode this particular still is from...this was the episode where Mary was about to go to jail for refusing to reveal a source and asking Lou if she was doing the right thing by not revealing the source.

Barbara Eden and Larry Hagman, I Dream of Jeannie

You had to know that these two would show up at some point. RIP, Mr. Hagman
Larry Hagman likely is not why people men liked and watched I Dream Of Jeannie cause lets face it she was a fine looking woman and showed first tv sitcome skin in a characters outfit.

Lots I haven't seen here, but rep for those I like/agree with. I'd rep you twice for the inclusion of Dave Madden and Danny Bonaduce in The Partridge Family. I'd have never remembered that and their scenes together were great and mostly what I remember from that show.