Upcoming Movies on TV Thread

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
7/6 - TCM - 8:30am
"The Skin Game" -- someone mentioned this as being their favorite Alfred Hitchcock (also mentioned it was his only social/political movie)

7/5 - 4pm - TCM
Ride The Country High -- Peckinpah's first.. I liked this a lot.. I probably gave it a 7.5/10

And Peckinpah's most accessible movie.. Must be a TCM double-feature.

5:44pm - The Getaway (8/10) -- I usually don't like capers, but this is the best one.

7/6

5:44pm - SHO2D - "Listen to Me, Marlon" (10/10)

7:59pm - MMAX - "Gran Torino" (7/10)
8pm - RETRO - "Gentleman Prefer Blondes"
8:04pm - MGM - Sweet Smell of Success (7.5/10)

11:33pm - STZCI - Jimmy's Hall

7/16

8pm - TCM - Shane (9/10)
9pm - Indieplex - Marvin's Room (liked it, saw it long ago)
10pm - MGM - The Misfits (10/10)
10:40pm - INDIE - Annie Hall (8.5/10)

I Like Roman Holiday

I just re-read through this thread. I made me a list of movies that Matt and others thought highly of. Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread
I really wish more would add movies, since it's the reason we're all here.. If more did, I'd put more movies, even ones I never heard of.... When someone recommends a movie, there's always the "how to get it" question, but if it's on TV anyway, it could be a great way to spread great movies, and we'd all be better, and our standards and knowledge would rise.

I really wish more would add movies, since it's the reason we're all here.. If more did, I'd put more movies, even ones I never heard of.... When someone recommends a movie, there's always the "how to get it" question, but if it's on TV anyway, it could be a great way to spread great movies, and we'd all be better, and our standards and knowledge would rise.
I was looking for movie ideas for the upcoming 14th Hof and so I perused this thread. I noticed that once it had lots of contributors, but now, not so much. I don't know why that is?

I've noticed that interest in many of the long running threads here have dropped off...including my own review thread, which use to be active but now is like a ghost town.

I don't know if threads have a self life and so fall out of popularity? Or is it that many of the regular MoFos are gone? Kind of sad really.

I was looking for movie ideas for the upcoming 14th Hof and so I perused this thread. I noticed that once it had lots of contributors, but now, not so much. I don't know why that is?

I've noticed that interest in many of the long running threads here have dropped off...including my own review thread, which use to be active but now is like a ghost town.

I don't know if threads have a self life and so fall out of popularity? Or is it that many of the regular MoFos are gone? Kind of sad really.
Wow, I always see it, and it seems like I'm 99% of it, and wonder if anyone watches... I'm also sure that many have a rough idea what people like, and enjoy when people recommend movies, but it would be SO much easier if people would announce what was coming on that particular day... Just imagine the conversations! It's hard to talk about a movie if only a couple of people have seen it... I just want everyone to reach and soar to THEIR movie potential.

There's so many ways to get movies other than tv nowadays that alot probably don't think it's necessary. Personally i rarely watch movies that come on tv now. Although the reason i don't look at or post in this thread often is that i'm in the UK so i don't get the channels listed. Great work by Matt in maintaining the thread though i'm sure members do appreciate it.

Most of the time i check your thread it's movies i haven't seen so i can't really say anything. That's the biggest problem: this is a disparate group of people, that's a good thing in that it means there's loads of different personalities and perspectives but it does result in only a small amount of people watching or being interested in what you're watching. Especially if it's not like Hollywood films from the past 30 years.

That's why the Hall of Fames and that Director of the Month thread if it doesn't just end up me haha, are the only way to discuss films here regularly and the former is often the same group of people. Well that or the newest blockbusters.

Just imagine the conversations! It's hard to talk about a movie if only a couple of people have seen it
You should start joining Hall of Fames you'd like them.

Also you should join us next month for the Director of the Month. It's Roberto Rossellini who i know you're a fan of and Powell & Pressburger who i'm not sure of your thoughts on.

Here's the post with the films we are doing - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...03#post1739603

Also if you're interested in discussing any 1930's films coordinate in this thread with me and i'll watch whatever, i'm doing 30's John Ford next - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...87#post1743187

...Just imagine the conversations! It's hard to talk about a movie if only a couple of people have seen it...
After 3 years here I've found there's only so much one can say about a movie and usually it's: 'great movie, I need to watch it,' or something similar. I'm not trying to be jaded, but I guess I'm at that point.

I too would like more in-depth discussions about movies, but it rarely happens in any satisfying way. So much is surface talk, and it's hard to go beyond that. To me the internet seems like the greatest potential for people to be able to reach out and literally link minds. But in reality it's just the same old same old.

...Most of the time i check your thread it's movies i haven't seen so i can't really say anything. That's the biggest problem: this is a disparate group of people, that's a good thing in that it means there's loads of different personalities and perspectives but it does result in only a small amount of people watching or being interested in what you're watching...
I appreciate you looking in on my thread, I look at your Movie Log thread too, but I rarely know what to say on any thread, except the usual...'great movie, glad you liked it'. Ugh, the humanity of it all.

I've lost interesting in writing reviews. I tried tonight to do a review, but just couldn't do it, that's the second time today I started, then deleted what I had wrote.

You should start joining Hall of Fames you'd like them...
I wish Matt would, mostly the movies are pretty good or at least interesting from a cinematic viewpoint. The Hofs are the only glue that keeps me here.