Breaking Bad All Over Again

Tools    

Probably a toss up between BB and BCS - I'd say equal 1st. 2nd place would be Hannibal and Westworld. All 4 shows turned me into a chronic rewatcher like even I could not believe. And they're 4 shows where I just cant watch anything else (show wise) while they're running because I am so entirely focused on them. Other shows just either dont appeal or it exhausts me thinking there's a new episode and I end up dropping them. Cnt really explain it better than that.
I need to check out Hannibal. BCS is great and I don't want to come across as not loving it. When comparing it to the greatest series ever it is missing the character depth and pacing for me. Love that character, I laugh a ton, but I don't know if I will go back to it.

I binged Westworld after it was aired. The pilot is incredible and I loved the last two or three episodes. Everything in between was very so-so for me. I honestly had trouble continuing at points. I think it would have been a great three hour film.

Did you watch Mad Men?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Isnt it great there is so much to choose from these days, and I think half the fun for me is the rabid fandoms who love their favourites so much they want to cuddle them. Another thing for me is getting into the headspace of the showrunners and writers, crew etc. Probably why I rewatch so much so I can focus on one element at a time or all of it at once and make my head explode.

Hannibal has quite a bit of theology thrown in so you might like that - I loved it. The showrunner is a maniac and I love him. He's also a complete movie nerd so there are some beautiful homages, like the bathrooms in The Shining, Geiger's alien, a scene from Cronenberg's Dead Ringers which flipped me out, Peter Greenaway etc and the composer is a genius, plus it's just so stunning to look at. A 3D tapestry painted on velvet (not my words). If you're a fan of the books and/or movies, toss that aside before watching. This is a complete reworking of characters in Fuller's universe. Harris told Martha D he approved. Elessar started watching before going to Vietnam so the thread is still active for if you decide to go ahead. It's a pretty nightmarish show - the sort of nightmare I didn't want to wake up from because it was such a ride.

Lots of comments on imdb WW would have been better as a big screen movie so you're not alone, and same for BCS. For me personally, I just can't fault Villigan and Peter Gould. I think they're brilliant, but the show has been very divisive.

Mad Men I wanted to see but a friend told me the constant smoking on screen would make me ill so I didnt watch it. Damn shame because I love the look of it.

Isnt it great there is so much to choose from these days, and I think half the fun for me is the rabid fandoms who love their favourites so much they want to cuddle them. Another thing for me is getting into the headspace of the showrunners and writers, crew etc. Probably why I rewatch so much so I can focus on one element at a time or all of it at once and make my head explode.

Hannibal has quite a bit of theology thrown in so you might like that - I loved it. The showrunner is a maniac and I love him. He's also a complete movie nerd so there are some beautiful homages, like the bathrooms in The Shining, Geiger's alien, a scene from Cronenberg's Dead Ringers which flipped me out, Peter Greenaway etc and the composer is a genius, plus it's just so stunning to look at. A 3D tapestry painted on velvet (not my words). If you're a fan of the books and/or movies, toss that aside before watching. This is a complete reworking of characters in Fuller's universe. Harris told Martha D he approved. Elessar started watching before going to Vietnam so the thread is still active for if you decide to go ahead. It's a pretty nightmarish show - the sort of nightmare I didn't want to wake up from because it was such a ride.

Lots of comments on imdb WW would have been better as a big screen movie so you're not alone, and same for BCS. For me personally, I just can't fault Villigan and Peter Gould. I think they're brilliant, but the show has been very divisive.

Mad Men I wanted to see but a friend told me the constant smoking on screen would make me ill so I didnt watch it. Damn shame because I love the look of it.
Yeah, there is a ton of smoking. No cannibalism though, every show has its foibles.

Yeah, there is a ton of smoking. No cannibalism though, every show has its foibles.
LMAO. Hannibal tweeked my culinary skills but also had me starving on hannibal day. They do fast edits from a gruesome crime scene to him in his kitchen and oh my, made me gag a few times.

Oh and keep your ear out for Mads' hilariously evil one liners. There were times we'd have to hit pause because I'd be cracking up. Let me know what you think if you do watch it. Definitely a love it or hate it show.

Another show I loved which really surprised me was The Crown which 2 of my brothers put me onto. Most expensive show to date and it looks it. Sadly I just checked the thread I started on it and I'm all alone in tv show heaven on that one. Really changed my outlook on the royal family.

411 Crawl Space. I dont think this needs any commentary. One of the best endings of any show for me. Still get goosebumps. And Salud - has anyone ever been such a gentleman preparing to throw up!

One tiny nitpick for me just for fun, how did Gustavo's doctor get access to Jesse's blood type? I mean sure he probably had his medical records lifted, but in the real world, how easy would that be? Not important. I just felt like nit picking.

A system of cells interlinked
A few into season 5 now... So good!

A few into season 5 now... So good!
About to finish Face Off then will try to catch up to you, Sensai. I know it was a perfectly normal reaction but how annoying was Marie in that episode. And every time I see that purple rug I expect someone to Ted over it.

A system of cells interlinked
About to finish Face Off then will try to catch up to you, Sensai. I know it was a perfectly normal reaction but how annoying was Marie in that episode. And every time I see that purple rug I expect someone to Ted over it.
My wife hates all the purple!

Face off was a great episode.

My wife hates all the purple!

Face off was a great episode.
Usually I like purple but too much of any one colour is a turn off, especially in a house. I liked it when she finally wore yellow.

Face Off is great, especially the scene where

WARNING: spoilers below
he took the baby bag with the bomb in it into the hospital and it got stuck to the elevator door. Bryan does bumbling keystone cop so well

LOL this is so true.

OK off to face the music of the finale with me lil cuppa.

So so good. The music in the show has always really appealed to me but I LOVE the montage in the lab set to the percussion duo Rodrigo y Gabriela. I'm pretty sure another piece of their music was also in season 1. And the final piece is so hauntingly beautiful. I also loved the piece for Gustavo's walk from the car to the building. OMG his henchman was so dmn scary just standing there looking out the window. And I always get a chuckle when
the camera is on Gustavo's face and a body part drops from the ceiling behind him

You creepled leedle ratta.

His convo with Skyler on the phone - hello Mr Heisenberg!

OK totally irrelevant nitpick time. The chemist in Mexico said the phenylacetic acid was so easy to make a first year chemist could make it, so why didnt Walt make it? I guess time but I dont know how long it takes to make. Any takers? I'm not bothered by it; just curious. My usual excuse for a nitpick is to always come back to the look. So cool seeing
the axe going into the bees during the montage

Ha, and foreshadowing time 'Vamonos'

Hair raising episode. LOVED what Tio said to Hank. Yeah I get it. I can spell.

One minor whinge - the radio announcer cant pronounce casa tranquila. Whinge over.

Wish I had written down Saul's quotes. Loved the one about if ever he had 2 anal polyps he would name them after the cops.

And yep, Rodrigo y Gabriela is in the pilot. For your enjoyment

I love their stuff. Squealed when I heard that in the pilot the first time.

As soon as feeding time at the zoo is over diving in to season 5. Batteries, Bitch!!!

Oh no...final season. Might have to rewtch BCS again.

This scene when Walt and Mike are bickering like an old married couple

then he shoots and scores

He really needed that to finally confirm he wasnt the loser everyone thought he was.

This was the other time. Standing up to that chemist was beautiful

And lol when he was yelling with abandon in the car and Mike just turned to him and yelled to SHUDDUP. Party pooper.

Oh one more thing - Sky's convo with turdy Ted. Helloo Mrs Heisenberg. Wow what an instant change from distressed housewife to utter sociopath. Had to be done but dayum, that was some fine acting by Anna.

208 Really fun episode with lots of comedy. love Saul's introduction. Saul showing Walt how to be a real criminal is really fun, "your Fredo". Also love Walt pulling up next to Hank on the stakeout. Walt clearly wanting to kill Badger rather than deal with any of the drama is also pretty great. Great one.

208 Really fun episode with lots of comedy. love Saul's introduction. Saul showing Walt how to be a real criminal is really fun, "your Fredo". Also love Walt pulling up next to Hank on the stakeout. Walt clearly wanting to kill Badger rather than deal with any of the drama is also pretty great. Great one.

Saul's intro was amazing. Nice easter egg in BCS

209 Excellent episode but not really much to say. Another huge lie from Walt that always bites him in the butt. Best cooking sequence of the show so far. I love how when things go bad Walt and Jessie go straight for each other's throat. Never any personal responsibility from those two. Makes their relationship very entertaining.

Dead Freight

Still pulse pounding, even though I had already seen it. Fantastic episode.
That's next for me. I always love it. meth Damon is such a psychopath.