JJ's Fat Ass Has Been Losing Weight!

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes.
I've lost 15 pounds this month.. Pretty happy with myself now... 6'2" 170 is probably where I want to be for a while.

I've been walking almost every night for a couple months now. Lost 7 lbs.
My weight loss probably isn't too dramatic because usually after walking I have my 2nd or 3rd "dinner"!

Let the night air cool you off
I had been losing weight at a leisurely pace, probably about 30 of my 45 pounds over a several month period. But my weight loss basically came to a halt, and I was only maintaining my weight for a few weeks. I had been doing some jogging, and I cut out a lot of foods that were not good for me such as Cokes and other sugary products. But I got bored and complacent, and I wasn't losing anymore weight. So I got tired of my weight not going anywhere, so I made more dietary changes and ramped up my jogging. Five out of the last seven days I've jogged at least a mile (not all at once, but with some breaks for breath catching and water drinking). I don't remember exactly what I weighed at the beginning of that seven day period, but I know I've lost somewhere between 10-15 pounds in the last seven days alone.

I know that jogging a mile isn't very impressive, but it's a start for me.

Well done and imo you shouldn't give a monkeys about whether something is 'impressive' to others or not, the only thing that really matters is your health and happiness and striving to improve or maintain both is what's important.

By the way, I used to be a big, huge fat guy. Now I am just a regular fat guy.
Is that The Simpsons? It sounds like it's from The Simpsons to me and it's freaking me out coz i'm not sure

Congrats on the weight loss man

Is that The Simpsons? It sounds like it's from The Simpsons to me and it's freaking me out coz i'm not sure

Congrats on the weight loss man
It's not (that I know of). But I'm honored to take up some of the same hypothetical head space as Homer Simpson.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Way to go. Congratulations, JJ.

I had been losing weight at a leisurely pace, probably about 30 of my 45 pounds over a several month period. But my weight loss basically came to a halt, and I was only maintaining my weight for a few weeks. I had been doing some jogging, and I cut out a lot of foods that were not good for me such as Cokes and other sugary products. But I got bored and complacent, and I wasn't losing anymore weight. So I got tired of my weight not going anywhere, so I made more dietary changes and ramped up my jogging. Five out of the last seven days I've jogged at least a mile (not all at once, but with some breaks for breath catching and water drinking). I don't remember exactly what I weighed at the beginning of that seven day period, but I know I've lost somewhere between 10-15 pounds in the last seven days alone.

I know that jogging a mile isn't very impressive, but it's a start for me.
First off: nice job. Starting and pushing past that first bit of habit-breaking is the hardest part.

I've been exactly where you are, with weight loss hitting a plateau. It's absolutely temporary. If you're burning more calories than you take in, your weight will go down. It might seem "stuck" for a day or two based on fluctuations in water retention or scale imprecision or whatever, but it'll only be temporary. Virtually every time I've been flat for a few days, for reasons I couldn't ascertain, a significant drop followed shortly after as long as I kept going.

It definitely slows after that first week or two, but it works, and hopefully by then you've already started to feel the benefits and become hooked on the positive feedback loop.

Keep it up!

Thanks, @Yoda. The only time I have a hard time anymore is when I am eating with other people. It always seems like they are eating something delicious that I won't allow myself to eat. I am definitely hooked on the positive feedback loop and compliments from relatives that last saw me when I was a big, fat jelly monster.

Good job JJ!! Another inspiration on Mofo for me to ignore.

Thanks, @Yoda. The only time I have a hard time anymore is when I am eating with other people. It always seems like they are eating something delicious that I won't allow myself to eat.
I hear this, completely. The idea that something is a special occasion that merits diet exceptions is very tough to fight, but it's usually a trick. If you actually track those kinds of things, it becomes obvious that there's a "special occasion" once a week, or more. I'm out with friends, it's Friday and it was a tough week, it's Saturday and I just want to unwind, it's Sunday and Game of Thrones is on...it's always something.

I remember a very specific instance where I went to a baseball game, which is exactly the kind of situation for exceptions: eat some fun ballpark food. But I just didn't, and it felt so good to go and enjoy the game and not need to make food a part of the experience, to keep the streak going.

I am definitely hooked on the positive feedback loop and compliments from relatives that last saw me when I was a big, fat jelly monster.
Yeah, when people haven't seen you in awhile? That's such a great feeling. It's okay to use a little bit of vanity as a motivator.