My Favorite Onscreen Television Chemistry

Tools    

Courtney Cox and Tom Selleck, Friends

Yes, Monica eventually found happiness with Chandler (Matthew Perry), but I absolutely felt the heat between Cox and Tom Selleck, I thought they were great together.

Eva Longoria and Ricardo Antonio Chavira, Desperate Housewives

It wasn't a good idea to get too close to the TV screen when these two were on because their chemistry kept my set smoking hot every Sunday night for eight seasons.

Doris Roberts and Peter Boyle, Everybody Loves Raymond

The only parents I think I loved more than Jerry and George's parents...it was a different kind of chemistry but it worked, bringing both actors huge laughs and Emmys. RIP, Doris and Peter, you've earned it.

Michael Gross and Meredith Baxter Birney, Family Ties

They spent a lot of screentime being upstaged by Michael J. Fox but he couldn't get in the way of the chemistry these two had together.

Michele Lee and Kevin Dobson, Knots Landing

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who watched this show but I don't care...its still my # 1 favorite television show of all time and I really loved these two...Karen was # 1 on my favorite TV mothers list and they also made my favorite television marriages list.

Dennis Franz and Jimmy Smits, NYPD Blue

Sipowicz (Dennis Franz) had several partners on NYPD, but, surprisingly, the best chemistry came with "Mr. Chemistry", Jimmy Smits.

Matt Czuchry and Archie Panjabi, The Good Wife

I don't think TPTB really saw it and capitalized on it, but am I the only one who noticed how smoking hot these two were together?

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken

Dennis Franz and Jimmy Smits, NYPD Blue

Sipowicz (Dennis Franz) had several partners on NYPD, but, surprisingly, the best chemistry came with "Mr. Chemistry", Jimmy Smits.
Out of all of his partners, I think this one was the best. I enjoyed this pairing the most because I think they worked so well off of each other.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Nobody was even close to having the same chemistry with Mariska Hargitay that Chris Meloni had with her. I wish he hadn't left the show. It hasn't been as good since he left.
If you read what I wrote, I said that Dean had the closest to Chris, but you're right SVU hasn't been the same Chris left.

I read what you wrote, but I don't agree with it. Unlike Jerry Orbach who had great chemistry with pretty much anyone who became his partner, Mariska Hargitay only had good chemistry with Chris Meloni. I never really felt that she had good chemistry with anyone else on the show.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The Hawkeye/Margaret kiss was obviously going to be a one time thing, but it was something the show HAD to address because fans were demanding it, but Hawk and Margaret would never have worked as an actual couple, but I think that one episode satisfied fans to the point where they left it alone.
It wasnt the only time they kissed. You must have missed the episode when they screwed.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Doris Roberts and Peter Boyle, Everybody Loves Raymond

The only parents I think I loved more than Jerry and George's parents...it was a different kind of chemistry but it worked, bringing both actors huge laughs and Emmys. RIP, Doris and Peter, you've earned it.

I loved Doris Roberts and Peter Boyle on "Everybody Loves Raymond". They felt like they could have been a part of my own family. There's not much difference between Italian parents and Jewish parents, and they even lived right here on Long Island.

Ellen Pompeo, James Pickens Jr., Grey's Anatomy

Can't put my finger on why, but every moment these two actors spend onscreen together is appointment television. I may have mentioned this before, but I am still hoping against hope that before this show goes off the air, we learn that Richard really is Meredith's father.

Debra Messing and Woody Harrelson, Will & Grace

Messing's character would eventually marry Leo, played by Harry Connick Jr., but I thought the chemistry with Harrelson was way hotter...I suspect they probably broke them up because Harrelson didn't want to make a permanent commitment to the show at the time. Too bad.

Chris Colfer and Darren Criss, Glee

One of primetime's most romantic couples whose chemistry was immediate and off the charts from their very first scene together.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken

Debra Messing and Woody Harrelson, Will & Grace

Messing's character would eventually marry Leo, played by Harry Connick Jr., but I thought the chemistry with Harrelson was way hotter...I suspect they probably broke them up because Harrelson didn't want to make a permanent commitment to the show at the time. Too bad.
I always wanted her to be back with Woody Harrelson. Anytime the show might happen to be on TV, and Leo is on, I go on my rant about how she should've ended up with Nathan. I never really felt any great love between Grace and Leo, but no matter what, you knew she really liked Nathan. I always wished that they would've brought him back in the end and they could've ended up together instead.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Reek and Ramsey? Very strong pet/master relationship IMO

[A lot of people thought Carrie and Aiden were endgame, but most of us knew better.
Hell, yes. Big was always a little bit out of reach & that was his attraction for Carrie.