Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Another Brazilian film here? I'm in shock.
Not a big fan of this one but it's nice to see it here.
Think this is only my 3rd Brazilian film after City of God and Pixote, enjoyed both of them tho. Could almost call them an odd trilogy with City of God being a more stylized; hollywood-like view of the slums and streetkids, Pixote being a more straightforward brutal view of them and Bus 174 being an actual documentary about at least one street kid and his crimes.

Looking forward to it.

movies can be okay...
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

13 Assassins. Greatest action movie ever made!

Make Way for Tomorrow (1937)

I'm halfway through this & it's quite meh. Loved all the other Bourne movies, but am struggling with this one. Hoping the second half will be better. Alicia Vikander acting like a scared rabbit in the 1st half. Hope she feels more confident in her acting abilities in the remainder of the movie.

Edit: Couldn't finish the movie even though there were only 20 minutes or so left. Very weak. Movie consisted primarily of people chasing other people. The first scenes were like this & there was more of this when I bailed out. Disappointing.

What Happens in Vegas

“I was cured, all right!”

Kwaidan (1964)
Directed by Masaki Kobayashi
I'll never get tired of this one.
This and Black Sabbath (I tre volti della paura, 1963, Mario Bava) are the best horror anthology!

Scarred Hearts (2017) by Radu Jude

The Rumanian New Wave is something of the most interesting within European film the last decade and i am very eager to see this price winning film.