Blade Runner 2049

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I am still not fully on board with this, but will of course be seeing it.

I really want it to be at least pretty good, but I have a feeling it will only serve to diminish the ideas of the first film. Let's hope not. It;s going to be well directed and shot, that's for sure.

At least it's a sequel. Dangerous to even attempt this, at best it will be a worthy follow-up. It's impossible to top the original for a multitude of reasons, namely originality and precedent.

I can't believe Ryan Gosling is the star, but I'm going to try and be an adult about it and give him a chance. Jared Leto had me hunched over with stomach pain when I heard he'd be in it, but judging from the trailer, he actually looks very capable from what I've seen so far.

Time will tell...

I will post it one more time:

Interestingly in terms of Hollywood movies the period late 1970's and early 1980's was the peak for science fiction:

Star Wars - 1977
Alien - 1979
Empire - 1980
Blade Runner - 1982
Terminator - 1984

Now we are getting from hollywood in terms of sci fi:

Star Wars 8
Alien 6
Terminator 5
Blade Runner 2

We only need a new sequel of 2001, call it

2041: Hal's Revenge, directed by Michael Bay.

Dark ages indeed for American science fiction movies, well at least we got Source Code .

What did you guys think about the actual trailer.

Not looking forward to this. Ryan Gosling and Jared Leto are gonna ruin a classic.

What did you guys think about the actual trailer.
As I said, I didn't watch it. I want to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

Not looking forward to this. Ryan Gosling and Jared Leto are gonna ruin a classic.
While it is quite possible they might tarnish this film, which they are actually involved with, I don't see how they will affect the original film, since they had nothing to do with it. The classic is just fine and will remain so, regardless of what people think of a sequel made decades later.

I think Ryan Golsing is a great choice, he reminds me of a young Harrison Ford, or better yet as Harrison Ford's son. Just thank goodness it wasn't Matt Damon instead.

As I said, I didn't watch it. I want to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

While it is quite possible they might tarnish this film, which they are actually involved with, I don't see how they will affect the original film, since they had nothing to do with it. The classic is just fine and will remain so, regardless of what people think of a sequel made decades later.
Very true. Can't ruin the original, good point.

looking forward to this, its been some time i haven t seen ryan gosling in a big budget film, i like him as an actor

You can't win an argument just by being right!
looking forward to this, its been some time i haven t seen ryan gosling in a big budget film, i like him as an actor
Yeah I was of two minds, especially because I've really gone off Harrison Bored, but I;m getting pretty thrilled for this.

This might just do nobody any good.
Why, yes, of course he did...

Jared Leto blinded himself to get into character.

btw, Leto's role was meant for Bowie before his death.

We can't have nice things.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
That one Gosling eye refuses to cooperate.

I'm guessing the Atari spot is a throwback to the original BR?

Interestingly in terms of Hollywood movies the period late 1970's and early 1980's

2041: Hal's Revenge, directed by Michael Bay.

Dark ages indeed for American science fiction movies, well at least we got Source Code .
dark ages? how about interstellar, alien covenant, district 9 , sunshine, star trek 2009, i don t think ur comment of dark ages for scifi qualifies here, we ve some decent scifi movies in the last decade and a bit before u might need to reconsider

You can't win an argument just by being right!
dark ages? how about interstellar, alien covenant, district 9 , sunshine, star trek 2009, i don t think ur comment of dark ages for scifi qualifies here, we ve some decent scifi movies in the last decade and a bit before u might need to reconsider
Oh god I love District 9.