THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Okay so 4 hours ago when I left to go to the movie theatre, the people across the street from me had a number of tables set up on their lawn, with even more in their driveway. There wasn't anything set up on top of the tables, and the two people were just sat on their front porch. I thought, okay, maybe they're just taking a break after setting up all the tables or whatever.

So I come back now and...there are still only tables across their property with nothing on them. Are these people having a yard sale, or are they just showing off all their tables? It's really strange.

Okay so 4 hours ago when I left to go to the movie theatre, the people across the street from me had a number of tables set up on their lawn, with even more in their driveway. There wasn't anything set up on top of the tables, and the two people were just sat on their front porch. I thought, okay, maybe they're just taking a break after setting up all the tables or whatever.

So I come back now and...there are still only tables across their property with nothing on them. Are these people having a yard sale, or are they just showing off all their tables? It's really strange.
Mebbe they are simply selling the tables?
Go and put a sneaky low-ball bid in for the lot

Either you're right and they're selling the tables, or they had a super quick yard sale while no one was looking. My room mates have been home for about 2 hours now and said the tables were empty when they got home as well. There's a different lady packing up all the tables now. They might be closing shop (since it's getting close to sunset) or she bought the lot.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Either you're right and they're selling the tables, or they had a super quick yard sale while no one was looking. My room mates have been home for about 2 hours now and said the tables were empty when they got home as well. There's a different lady packing up all the tables now. They might be closing shop (since it's getting close to sunset) or she bought the lot.
Will be funny if they do it all over again. Mybe it was a banquet and they got stood up.

Either you're right and they're selling the tables......
Things might hopefully become clearer in the morning, if the tables are there again I'd say it was probably just closing up shop for the day (though it could be that the lady found fault and brought them all back for a full refund).

Of course there is another possibility .... they may have been selling specially made JK Rowling invisibility cloaks....

Of course there is another possibility .... they may have been selling specially made JK Rowling invisibility cloaks....
If the tables are there tomorrow, I'll definitely have to check it out then!

If the tables are there tomorrow, I'll definitely have to check it out then!
Just go and scream WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??? Then calmly wlk way. That would be pretty chill.

Or just walk over, sit down and ask for a cup of coffee and the breakfast menu

Or just walk over, sit down and ask for a cup of coffee and the breakfast menu
LOL. I like this better. Triple espresso and smashed avo on toasted sour dough.

Well, I own it, so it's up to me, and it's not my living, so I don't need to put in any particular amount of effort to get by. If you're asking how often I need to check in to keep it free or spam or flame wars, it can vary a lot, but stuff comes up after business hours pretty regularly. I check in dozens of times a day, though sometimes just long enough to make sure nothing's exploded.

The mods do a great job, though, and the anti-spam measures we have in place, some of which rely on the community to report things, are very effective, so that helps a lot.
I don't think I've ever messaged you & not received a reply within minutes. Seconds even. Impressive.

So it's not your living? Wow, impressive.

I don't think I've ever messaged you & not received a reply within minutes. Seconds even. Impressive.

So it's not your living? Wow, impressive.
Seconds? He gave me a rep for the annyversary thing THE SAME MOMENT.

Seconds? He gave me a rep for the annyversary thing THE SAME MOMENT.
He's definitely getting old then, he used to rep them before they were written

Update on the table situation across the street:

When I went to bed last night, the tables were still there. Since sunrise, there have been people setting up what does in fact appear to be a yard sale. It's either starting very early, or they have a lot of things to put out.

Update on the table situation across the street:

When I went to bed last night, the tables were still there. Since sunrise, there have been people setting up what does in fact appear to be a yard sale. It's either starting very early, or they have a lot of things to put out.
Ooooh, exciting ..... I love the idea of yard sales.
Naturally though I'm also a wee bit disappointed as it would appear you'll have to make your own breakfast now

I've been in a really bad movie watching slump lately. I haven't watched anything since June 22. I keep thinking "I should really watch a movie," but then almost nothing seems appealing.

I do really want to see Lady Macbeth, but the closest theater I can seem to find it in is in San Francisco.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I haven't been watching a lot of film, but I've certainly been in the mood to discuss them. And I have the intentions on watching a lot.

I'm ready for some Dunkrk next week. Probably see the Apes this week but I think Dunkirk is the first movie of the year I have true excitement to see in the theater.

It's table season, that's why