Why do some of you just quit watching a Movie?

Tools    

Oh I hear you, Gid. When a movie puts me to sleep I say it cured my insomnia.
That's what I'm saying. I'm actually serious about this. Maybe bad movies could be used as a sleeping therapy.

That's what I'm saying. I'm actually serious about this. Maybe bad movies could be used as a sleeping therapy.
Just put all the Yes albums on a loop

You can't win an argument just by being right!
For me it also has something to do with my evil lounge which is extremely comfortable, but mostly just being relaxed under a cover when watching something deadly dull. I;m out like a light.

What was the movie?

I have a few movies that may work for you to sleep...
I think it was something with Brian Dennehy, when he went to London.

....Mark F incoming...

Which? The worst movies I've seen actually piss me off.

I use the movies of Wim Wenders to fall asleep to. Even if I find his material stimulating enough and it keeps me awake, I can always use the commentary track after I've seen the film. Wenders has the voice of a hypnotist. I'm usually out within 20-25 mins and I have insomnia, too.

The worst movies I've seen actually piss me off.
That's when you need the remote. No point torturing yourself when movies are that bad they make you angry.

I use the movies of Wim Wenders to fall asleep to. Even if I find his material stimulating enough and it keeps me awake, I can always use the commentary track after I've seen the film. Wenders has the voice of a hypnotist. I'm usually out within 20-25 mins and I have insomnia, too.
Thanks. Alec Guinnes also has a hypnotic voice actually. So, the best movies would make me sleep before the worst.

Tyler isn't here! Tyler went away! Tyler's gone!
Some of the best sleeps I ever have are infront of a terrible movie. So sad when I wake up just before the end credits.

I AM an insomniac, so if a movie puts me to sleep, what does that tell you?
That you should watch more ****** movies come bed time

Because time is something you can never get back. And if a movie is giving every single indication of wasting your time on this earth, I don't see anything wrong with terminating its drain on your life force.
First off, time is nothing but a concept of human perception. Secondly, a Film that maybe lasts for an hour and 30 minutes is wasting your oh-so precious time on this earth? C'mon, we're all gonna f**king die some day. It really doesn't matter. And once again, in regards to:
I think I'll start a thread: 'Why Would Someone Care if Someone Else Quits Watching a Movie???'
Yeah, I should start a thread stating: 'Why do some people keep missing the point of this thread?' Because It's totally up to you in regards to how you watch a film, I was just asking why some of you just give up watching a film, and judge it right then and there. And what all you people have told me so far is; "WE ALREADY KNOW HOW IT'S GOING TO BE," I'm just going to assume that's nothing but laziness and a very low attention span. And no Iroquois, It's not the "never hate a movie" philosophy. If I really "cared," I'd tell you to stop, because I already know what you do. I was just wondering why you do it, that's all.

First off, time is nothing but a concept of human perception. Secondly, a Film that maybe lasts for an hour and 30 minutes is wasting your oh-so precious time on this earth? C'mon, we're all gonna f**king die some day.
Exactly. So if I control what I waste my free "time" on, I will.

I'm just going to assume that's nothing but laziness and a very low attention span.
And I'm going to assume you have OCD if you have to finish something just because you started it. Works both way, yknow

"You care enough to ask," will probably be the replies coming my way.
Well I can sort of understand why you ask. It's quite a dismissive thing to do, considering people spent their time often heart into making the movies we so summarily dismiss. It suppose it can appear a bit spoilt brat.

Welcome to the human race...
First off, time is nothing but a concept of human perception. Secondly, a Film that maybe lasts for an hour and 30 minutes is wasting your oh-so precious time on this earth? C'mon, we're all gonna f**king die some day. It really doesn't matter.
Exactly - that's your perception. If we're all gonna die some day (and really, it could be on any day - life's unpredictable like that), surely that's going to make people want to make sure that they spend the fleeting moments of the one life they have on whatever they want to if possible? Even if it is a mere 90 minutes (and I'd say that's still a relatively short runtime for a movie), that's still 90 minutes that could be used on just about anything else other than watching a movie you don't care about. Unless people are being required to watch these movies for whatever reason, then what difference does it make?

Yeah, I should start a thread stating: 'Why do some people keep missing the point of this thread?' Because It's totally up to you in regards to how you watch a film, I was just asking why some of you just give up watching a film, and judge it right then and there. And what all you people have told me so far is; "WE ALREADY KNOW HOW IT'S GOING TO BE," I'm just going to assume that's nothing but laziness and a very low attention span. And no Iroquois, It's not the "never hate a movie" philosophy. If I really "cared," I'd tell you to stop, because I already know what you do. I was just wondering why you do it, that's all.
You sound like those users who start threads about overrated movies and then get annoyed when another user picks movies that the OPs actually like. If you were that sincere about not wanting to start an argument, you wouldn't try being all passive-aggressive over people's responses like they are "wrong" for not taking movie-watching as seriously as you do and saying sh*t like "oh I guess it's because you're LAZY" like that isn't asking for confrontation. Hell, people already called you out for thinking that quitting certain types of movies like unfunny comedies is acceptable, so that just makes you seem inconsistent and hypocritical.

You asked a question and you got your answers. What else do you need?

not a lot of people on this site are fond of 'Interstellar.' But they sat through the entire thing and saw it for it's pros and cons.
Not me. Hated it & bailed out at my usual 30 minutes mark.

I don't give a rat's ass if it's art or not. If I'm bored with a movie I move on and do something else.
Me too.

We should tie up someone with ropes (I offer myself a a victim) and force them to watch their least favorite movie WHILE listening to their least favorite music.
For me, that would be anything from the Marx Brothers while listening to reggae.