The MoFo's Academy Awards for 2008! (VOTING)

Tools    

2008 Films
0%
0 votes
Burn After Reading
10.34%
3 votes
Bronson
37.93%
11 votes
The Dark Knight
3.45%
1 votes
Doubt
6.90%
2 votes
In Bruges
3.45%
1 votes
Iron Man
0%
0 votes
Kung Fu Panda
3.45%
1 votes
Revolutionary Road
13.79%
4 votes
Synecdoche, New York
10.34%
3 votes
The Wrestler
0%
0 votes
Tropic Thunder
10.34%
3 votes
Wall-E
29 votes. You may not vote on this poll

So, before RoyalWitCheese gets back from vacation, we've conjured up Polls for what you want to be nominated! Granted, there can be only 7 that are chosen in the 12 choice poll, so choose wisely what 1 film you would vote for out of all 12! The 7 that are voted the most for will get the rest of the slots!
(Granted, you could sound off the 1 Film that didn't make it on here that would be your choice if it WAS on here, If there's enough in the reply section more than the last film that was the most voted for, that film will be with the other nominees!)

LOCKED Films that'll be nominated:
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

Let the Right One In - 2 Votes
Still Walking - 1 Vote
Repo! The Genetic Opera - 1 Vote
Hunger - 1 Vote

The Dark Knight

easy

In Bruges is the only one of any particular interest or merit there.
You could recommend something else in the reply section...

Was between Synecdoche, New York and WALL-E. Had to go with my boy Kaufman, though.

I'm wondering if we can get more votes for other films. 'The Dark Knight' seems to be the only winner by a landslide

movies can be okay...
Synecdoche, New York or In Bruges...but which to pick ? Hard decision.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

movies can be okay...
I'm wondering if we can get more votes for other films. 'The Dark Knight' seems to be the only winner by a landslide
Well it's just the most overrated film in the history of films, there isn't a movie out there that would deserve the praise "The Dark Knight" gets, and there would never be. And I actually really liked it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Toss up between Bronson and The Wrestler out of those that I've see.

I'd suggest Let the Right One In, Still Walking and Repo! The Genetic Opera are good 2008 movies.

movies can be okay...
I can't think of anything from 2008. Not exactly a banner year.
I would have to highly disagree, 2008 was arguably the best recent year for cinema (with 2014 being a close second), the amount of stellar films from that year was shocking.

A system of cells interlinked
Well it's just the most overrated film in the history of films, there isn't a movie out there that would deserve the praise "The Dark Knight" gets, and there would never be. And I actually really liked it.
Hyperbole aside, The Dark Knight is a fantastic film. NamelessPaladin just dropped a great post in regards to the film (as well as some of Nolan's other work) in the thread I will link below. I think his post highlights some of the best aspects of the film, as well as why it is indeed a great film. Check out his post on page two of this thread:

Clicky Here!

movies can be okay...
Hyperbole aside, The Dark Knight is a fantastic film. NamelessPaladin just dropped a great post in regards to the film (as well as some of Nolan's other work) in the thread I will link below. I think his post highlights some of the best aspects of the film, as well as why it is indeed a great film. Check out his post on page two of this thread:

Clicky Here!
It is a great film. That doesn't stop it from being overrated.

A system of cells interlinked
It is a great film. That doesn't stop it from being overrated.
There is perhaps an argument for that. My contention was that it isn't the most overrated film of all time.