What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Because it's one of my all-time favorite Schwarzenegger movies.

Mom's other favorite movie alongside It's a Wonderful Life. It's her birthday tomorrow. ...You get the idea.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!

I got this because I loved Alice Lowe in Garth Marenghis darkplace and other things i've seen her on. Plus I've heard this film is inspired by Andrzej Żuławski's Possession...which was a winner for me xD Havent watched it yet...but it's on the stack

Splashed the cash today at HMV on some of my faves.

Can't yet link pics so I will just name them:

Heaven Knows What (2014)
Trainspotting (1996)
The Mist (2007)
Oldboy (2003)
Psycho (1960)
This is England (2006)
Green Room (2016)

Movie Forums Extra
i bought Fantastic Beats and Where to Find Them. I think it is another great movie from J.K. And I like her Harry Potter too. Recently, it's Harry Potter's 20th Anniversary. I want to buy them too.

Splashed the cash today at HMV on some of my faves.

Can't yet link pics so I will just name them:

Heaven Knows What (2014)
Trainspotting (1996)
The Mist (2007)
Oldboy (2003)
Psycho (1960)
This is England (2006)
Green Room (2016)
This Is England is a great film!

The three seasons of The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin - I'd forgotten how understatedly beautiful Pauline Yates was which is a shame as I didn't get where I am today by forgetting how understatedly beautiful Pauline Yates was.

This is an interesting, funny and worthwhile documentary about Jim Wynorski making a film in 3 days called The Witches of Breastwick. I had to have this!

I had to have this, too. The last time I saw it was when I was practically a toddler so it's time to grab a Criterion Blu Ray.

Ordered these from Best Buy's website for store pick-up. I've been meaning to get the 35th anniversary edition of Halloween for a while now and, as far as Predator, although my player lacks 3D capabilities, the 2D version (I don't care for 3D anyway) is on the exact same disc plus the DVD with all the extras is included and though I certainly don't support DNR, it had a decent-enough price tag to take some of the sting away, considering none of the Predator Blu-rays out there look good anyway.
You did the right thing. Glad to hear you're anti DNR. I heard that the UHE of Predator is unsightly. I have the collector's dvd and my 40" screen upconverts it decent enough for now but I may go the same route as you when I have a little more play money.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I bought the Blu-Ray version of The Fifth Element and the director's cut version of Blade Runner on DVD. The price was only $8, which I consider a good deal. These are first time watches for me too.

'Cause it was $2.44 and it's a Craig T. Nelson movie about a family of cops that I've been wantin' to see for a few years now.

Been curious about it for a while now and it was $5.50 and free shipping.

Been curious about it and it was $4.09.

I liked it so much when I saw it a couple weeks ago that I just had to have it and it was a steal at $8.54.

I liked its live-action counterpart so much that I decided to give it a shot. Like Akira, it was considerably cheap.

If you know about me and Julia, I don't have to explain this one.

I finally got my Atmos set-up up and running, in a 5.1.2 configuration, and that means I need Atmos content to test the hell out of it...

...that also means I actually went and spent money on one of the worst films I've seen in recent times, and though mind-numbing, I can't deny the visuals and the audio experience. Top notch, mostly.

Of course, I'm talking about Transformers, and in this case the fourth one, Age of Extinction. Great for Atmos and testing home theaters in general. The first Transformers has actually been one of my most chosen demo-discs when playing with the settings on my system. Also the only truly watchable film in the franchise...

Other movies I bought:

- The Conjuring / The Conjuring 2 (both atmos)
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (4K, atmos) [ @Iroquois ]
- Mission: Impossible 1-5 (fifth film is in atmos)
- Goodfellas 25th Anniversary Edition (not in atmos, but who the hell cares... phenomenal movie and this is the best release of it so far)

What is Atmos?