Terrible scenes in otherwise good movies

Tools    

The truth is in here
You know that movie where we go "Yeah, I liked it, but this one scene..."? This is the thread for that.

First off, let's talk about Gravity. Good movie, right? What people fail to point out however is that terrible ******** scene where Sandra Bullock howls like a dog. I know it's supposed to be really sad, since she's gone crazy from the lack of human contact or communication in general. But my GOD, I was so embarrassed! If a director told me that was in the script I would flatout refuse to even give a half-assed performance. Another thing that bothered me is that even though it was only a dream, I REALLY wanted to know how it would have been possible for George Clooney's character to come back. Seems like they were too lazy to come up with an explanation.

You know that movie where we go "Yeah, I liked it, but this one scene..."? This is the thread for that.

First off, let's talk about Gravity. Good movie, right? What people fail to point out however is that terrible ******** scene where Sandra Bullock howls like a dog. I know it's supposed to be really sad, since she's gone crazy from the lack of human contact or communication in general. But my GOD, I was so embarrassed! If a director told me that was in the script I would flatout refuse to even give a half-assed performance. Another thing that bothered me is that even though it was only a dream, I REALLY wanted to know how it would have been possible for George Clooney's character to come back. Seems like they were too lazy to come up with an explanation.

Gravity is still an amazing movie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

I loved this movie but when I rewatched in 2D realised how shtty the script was.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Matrix.
Spongy street jump scene.
"10 hours straight, man. He's a machine." I could never understand wtf he was saying. I mean, like for years.
The spit scene when Cypher gets tazed.

But the biggest throw-me-out was Cypher's emphasis when explaining to Neo how the screens display the Matrix code. He says, "The image translators work for the construct program - but there's way too much information to decode the Matrix." When I think that character would have known to emphasize the construct program itself, as compared to the matrix in that context. I think it should have been spoken as "The image translators work for the construct program - but there's way too much information to decode the Matrix."As it stands, it sounds like an actor reading a line without the knowledge the character would inherently know.

I'm only so picky on this one cuz I love the Matrix

If only they would only have taken Brad Pitt's scene(s) out of 12 Years a Slave, maybe I could have respected it. It's a shame because both of McQueen's other two feature lengths blew me away.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
If only they would only have taken Brad Pitt's scene(s) out of 12 Years a Slave, maybe I could have respected it. It's a shame because both of McQueen's other two feature lengths blew me away.
Agreed, that was cringy.

Agreed, that was cringy.
I dont remember it other than he didnt get much screen time.

The truth is in here
Gran Torino could have been a perfect movie if it wasn't for Christopher Carley's absolutely horrendous performance. Every time he came on screen I wanted him to go away as quick as possible since his acting was downright shameful next to Clint Eastwood.

Gran Torino could have been a perfect movie if it wasn't for Christopher Carley's absolutely horrendous performance. Every time he came on screen I wanted him to go away as quick as possible since his acting was downright shameful next to Clint Eastwood.
I had to look him up to see who he was. I have to agree. Otherwise a fantsastic movie

movies can be okay...
Preferably all scenes with Lucas Hedges trying to act in 'Manchester by the Sea.'
THANK YOU !
I'm glad I'm not the only one here who thought he was terrible.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

The scene in Jurassic Park (1993) where Sam Neill pretends to get electrocuted. He's trying to get a pair of traumatized and extremely frightened children back to safety, so he thinks it's funny, right in the middle in an emergency survival situation, to traumatize them further by pretending that the only adult nearby who is their only real chance of getting to safety is suddenly electrocuted. These children have just witnessed one man brutally killed in a horrific way, suffered through a night of absolute terror and almost-being-killed experiences that they will probably never recover from and are still in immediate danger - good thinking for the guy they're depending on to pull an inconceivable practical joke (involving yet more death).

I agree. In fact it's probably the only film I havent like him in. I also cringed at Laura Dern falling to her knees.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Y'know, Dad never liked the President bowing down to General Zod in Superman II.

Y'know, Dad never liked the President bowing down to General Zod in Superman II.
No one liked it, but the Pres had no choice, he did what he had to do. He was supplicating to save the American people. God help us if Zod ever invades while Trump is in office.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
No one liked it, but the Pres had no choice, he did what he had to do. He was supplicating to save the American people. God help us if Zod ever invades while Trump is in office.
As Superman's buddy Batman once said, "I don't want to think about."

Zod: One called Trump... did you dare grab Ursa by her *****?

Trump: When you're famous they LET you do that! Besides, she was looking at me like she had blood coming out of her eyes... or out of somewhere.

Zod: Indeed! That was heat vision!

Trump: Fake news. Fake. Fake. Fake... believe me.

Zod: Kneel before Zod.

Trump: You're fired.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Poltergeist.

That scene where JoBeth William's character is bouncing around the walls in her bedroom after her bath. Rather than being consumed by fear, she seems overly concerned about keeping her shirt down so as not to expose her panties. I always hated that scene.