Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Yeah, I agree.

sorry, but it's been a while (I know it's the last movie I saw, but I saw thousands in between), so i can't remember Ned's speach. I only remember I was laughing my off. Look man, I know life is serious etc., but I've had enough...I'm sort of like Peter. I disagree with Floyd money so they say is the root of all evil today, however. there's worse. Hatred, fear, going against another cause you hate them, not cause youll get a mil if you kill them, or even worse going against yourself.

But you're right, hadn't notice Ned as the evil.

I guess Peter isn't the only one who got killed on live TV because his ratings went down. Did something like this actually happen?
His ratings only went down because "God" (in Beale's words) told him to stop grinding his axe about the deal with the Saudis.... Imagine seeing Beale before, and then after the Beatty meeting, the first thing he says "There's nothing we can do...."

Have you seen "A Face In The Crowd"?

“I was cured, all right!”
You have never seen The Lion King?
I watched A LOT when I was a child!
But it had been a while since I watched for the last time.
Still wonderful after all this time!

His ratings only went down because "God" (in Beale's words) told him to stop grinding his axe about the deal with the Saudis.... Imagine seeing Beale before, and then after the Beatty meeting, the first thing he says "There's nothing we can do...."

Have you seen "A Face In The Crowd"?
Is that the one with Donald sutherland? I saw that. Or something else about mass hysteria?

edit: I didn't.

“I was cured, all right!”
LLL 1 star, eh? I bet Titanic is even worse in your book.

Name a love story you actually liked?
Chungking Express
In The Mood for Love
Gone with the Wind
The Age of Innocence
The Handmaiden (Not exactly a romance but... yeah)
A Walk in the Clouds (It's special for me because of my girlfriend )

Chungking Express
In The Mood for Love
Gone with the Wind
The Age of Innocence
The Handmaiden (Not exactly a romance but... yeah)
A Walk in the Clouds (It's special for me because of my girlfriend )
Looking at those movies, they are great but kind of films that make you depressed afterwards. I feel for your girl.

Looking at those movies, they are great but kind of films that make you depressed afterwards. I feel for your girl.
How can you get depressed after watching amazing movies? I've never got that. All those movies inspire and uplift me. Maybe I'm coming from a low mental base point

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LOL Uber. Thems fighting words (or popcorn) on Mofo.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
damnit! I lost my reply forgetting it was down here, by clicking one the menu above ERGH!!!

Ok. It was something about Chungking Express. Renting the VHS in college. Not remembering the name, but failing for years trying to find it by watching movies with similar names. All I remember was this depressingly poetic guy pining over a wet wash cloth as if it represented the girl of his dreams. He twisted the wet cloth until water seeped out, then romanticized it as crying in sadness.

I'm pretty sure this is that movie, but I've yet to find a copy to watch for myself. The few times I've read anything on it, it did NOT seem to be the same movie. But I defiantly think that it is, and there must be some conspiracy theory explanation of a secret world order, order type of group for misleading me all these years. I also believe it was a Quentin Tarantino Presents type of thing. I am 98% positive this is that movie. I just need to find it now. grrrr.

Damn you, shadowy belly-villain Guild of Calamitous Intent agents of evil!!!! I will prevail!!!

How can you get depressed after watching amazing movies? I've never got that. All those movies inspire and uplift me. Maybe I'm coming from a low mental base point

I enjoy those movies too. But they are all kinda sad, no?

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Alien Intruder (1993) - Would have made an alright 30 minute TV episode...definately did NOT make a good 90 minute feature, did have a few funny dialogue deliveries but for the most part Padding central - 2/10

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Peter completely steals the entire show and should've won an Oscar. But there are so many such cases, it's easier to mention when the academy got it right. Very rarely.
Peter Finch did win a Best Actor Oscar for Network.

movies can be okay...
Paths of Glory (1957)

The lowest I've rated a Kubrick film (so far), still amazing though.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

The Glass Key (1942)

From the noirs list, the story had a bit of a political side to it which I'm not generally a fan of. I lost track a little bit with who's who as far as so and so did this and so and so said that. I sometimes had trouble placing the name with the character, not an uncommon difficulty for me. It didn't matter because I was very entertained. I give a lot of the credit to Alan Ladd, who I seem to really like in every movie I see him in. William Bendix plays a goon, a role he's very good at, and he's become maybe my favorite character actor from the 40's. Then there's Veronica Lake, always a doll. If she wasn't the size of a doll she'd probably be near the top of my all time would like to bang list. There's a couple other good performances as well from people I never heard of before. It was definitely worth watching.

What We Do in The Shadows (2014) - Definitely one of the better comedy horrors. Shot in mockumentary style, it is very funny at times.

Love this movie. I loved how the one vampire kept going to the Nosferatu-looking vampire (who seems to be in his coffin about 90% of the time) and offloads his troubles on him, and the coffin vampire just looks at him like he could care less (at least I think that's the look he's giving---it's hard to tell but that's my take). Hilarious stuff!