Actors that instantly turn you off a film

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Winona Ryder, but I like Stranger Things.

Suspect's Reviews

I got quite a few actually, but top spot probably belongs to....
Matt Damon

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Renée Zellweger? Jennifer Lawrence? Randy Quaid? Mel Gibson? Nicole Kidman? Alan Arkin? Russell Crowe?

I will not watch any movie in which Johnny Depp appears.

The truth is in here
HELL NO. By far the coolest Bond. Much better than Daniel Craig's boring take. Not to mention he was really great as Indiana Jones' father in The Last Crusade.

The truth is in here
I don't have many, but...

Jennifer Aniston - She plays the same character every time. Every romantic comedy with her seem to be her just being Rachel, and I don't like Rachel either. There are a few exceptions (Office Space, Horrible Bosses where her character is actually meant to bug you), but mostly if she's in the lead I won't watch it. Leprechaun was a lot of fun, but she wasn't very good in it.

Kevin James - Go. Away. Please.

Channing Tatum - I find it hard to forgive him when he gave a ridiculously wodden performance in The Son Of No One. I get it, you're sad! Just don't act like a ****ing sleepwalker! Yeah I didn't care for him in 10 Years (and that movie sucked too), but this is what broke it for me.

Jennifer Lopez - After seeing her in The Back-Up Plan, you'd have to convince me pretty hard to see a movie with her again.

I don't turn movies off often though.

Welcome to the human race...
Would be good to know which picks are "don't like their acting" and which picks are "bad person in real life". Connery's got a wife-beater reputation and even on an acting front he's extremely one-note.

Haven't seen him around in a while, but Josh Hartnett used to be an instant turn-off for me. Ron Perlman too, but after Hand of God, I think I'm over my Ron Perlman hissy.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Would be good to know which picks are "don't like their acting" and which picks are "bad person in real life". Connery's got a wife-beater reputation and even on an acting front he's extremely one-note.
I actually dont want to know what they do in their private life because stuff like that turns me off them and it's hard to come back from that. Johnny Depp as well. I dont know exactly what happened there but his weird ass behaviour, poor choice of roles and the whole smuggling stunt into our country really turned me off, and I dont even particularly like his ex who I think is a trumped up spoilt stool. His one redeeming feature for me these days is his charities, especially the kids' cncer charity.

Nicole Kidman turns me off, but I had a change of heart recently with her performance in Lion.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Will Smith.
The only personal side of it is him putting his spawn into places he isn't ready for. While there are a few exceptions, I really turn off when I see Smith show up.

Keira Knightley.
I still hear voice-over echoes from Domino. Ugh.

Catwoman.
I mean Halle Berry.

Kristen Stewart.
Close. That. Mouf. Please?

John Malkovich.
Nyet. I'm just kidding. He's pretty awesome. And ehn meh kahlub? Ey veel splish zee puht vehn-ehvur ey fahkin' pleasen. Let's pleh same kah'rds.

Wow that was hard to type on a phone. Damn autocorrect fascist.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yes to all of that, especially the wiminz you mention. Halle comes across as having the intellect of a box of rocks which is such a shame because I think she's so damn stunning, and Stewart just urghhh. Cant handle her at all, probably because she was such a spoilt lil self entitled bitch to the media and twilight fans when she was in sydney. If I saw one more photo of here flipping the bird I was going to p[unch my screen in the teeth. Rude lil sht. Also a shame because I think she's very pretty.

Welcome to the human race...
I actually dont want to know what they do in their private life because stuff like that turns me off them and it's hard to come back from that. Johnny Depp as well. I dont know exactly what happened there but his weird ass behaviour, poor choice of roles and the whole smuggling stunt into our country really turned me off, and I dont even particularly like his ex who I think is a trumped up spoilt stool. His one redeeming feature for me these days is his charities, especially the kids' cncer charity.

Nicole Kidman turns me off, but I had a change of heart recently with her performance in Lion.
Yeah, well, them's the breaks. I figure that's a more legitimate reason to consider an artist a turn-off than just thinking they're bad (though there are obviously instances of overlap as is the case with present-day Depp) so I don't fault people for finding that to be too much of an issue.

Yeah, well, them's the breaks. I figure that's a more legitimate reason to consider an artist a turn-off than just thinking they're bad (though there are obviously instances of overlap as is the case with present-day Depp) so I don't fault people for finding that to be too much of an issue.
I can understand it all, but I put their personal life aside, as I do with musicians. The actors who turn me off a film instantly, it's usually because they're consistently bad/unconvincing (for my taste), or.. (and this really makes me feel like a bad human being)...I have a problem with their face (or voice - Rosie Perez, anyone?) I know. Pretty horrible, but there it is.

That Katherine Waterston. I hate her. She has a look that just screams annoying person to me. And with a short hair lesbian look-at-me bullsh*t I really hate to see her in any movie. I can't stand her. Don't even think she is much of an actress...

That Katherine Waterston. I hate her. She has a look that just screams annoying person to me. And with a short hair lesbian look-at-me bullsh*t I really hate to see her in any movie. I can't stand her. Don't even think she is much of an actress...
Suddenly, I don't feel so bad anymore.

Leonardo DiCaprio.

That dude is so f**king overrated. He reminds me of a more talented charmless Clark Gable who think he's a method actor. I don't see anyone else when I see Leo in a role, he always fails to get into character and It seems like his version of acting is; "I'll act like a Movie Character and Yell!" He always tries too hard to show off emotion and It comes off as forced. His accents are also the worst, always hear Leo behind that Phony South African accent of his. Never deserved an Oscar.

“I was cured, all right!”
Kate Winslet
Dakota Johnson

Jamie Dornan

Shia LaBeouf
Michael Fassbender
Jude Law
Adam Sandler
Ben Stiller
Kristen Stewart
Daniel Radcliffe
Mila Kunis (Black Swan it's the only exception)