Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I cried!
No matter what is the next project of Bong Joon-Hoo, I will be there! Okja just proved to me that he is one of the best directors in business today! An enviable filmography! The Host, Memories of Murder, Mother...
I am totally against the meat industry, I will never understand how so many people can eat 'corpses' of living beings that have been brutalized to satisfy a simple ego.
Some friends who watched the film were unanimous about the feeling of guilt after the film ended, but I believe that the reappraisal of their rotten habits of eating lives should not even be in their minds, unfortunately humanity is a lost case. That must be why I like so much to see violence and satisfy myself through the suffering of others, as long as it is fictitious of course, yet it only proves that we are all rotten.
I applaud the courage to expose this industry of egos which is the agricultural industry.
If you remember well, I live in Brazil, here is the largest forest in the world, which is incredibly destroyed every day by the meat industry. In fact, agriculture is the main cause of several of today's ecological problems.
But everyone is blinded by the taste of a fallen corpse... A corpse of a living being!
Oh man glad you enjoyed this. You're my go to MOFO for Asian Directors. I can't wait for it.

Unregistered User
I found that it was just too one dimensional.

WARNING: "Raw" spoilers below
Once we realise that this is all just an allegory / symbol for the pressures of society - we know that it's not really real. So there's nowhere else for it to go really.

That's what was so amazing about Neon Demon - in that there are loads of things that keep you guessing and thinking long after the film has finished. This was just straight up linear horror story masquerading as a metaphor for complying with social norms.

That said it was still way better than alot of other films released this year.

100% agree. I pre-ordered Neon Demon straight after I first watched it.

Honeymoon (2014)

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I liked that one quite a bit, I remember!
My friend has been a big fan for years. He would single out moments from the book that weren't the movie, telling me that the movie was a lot messier and not as well made (which I know is pretty typical). He also told me he liked the sequel "This Book is Full of Spiders".

Baby Driver (2017) -

It's that music video with Noel Fielding turned into a proper film, and I am totally on board with that.

While it was a little uneven at times, Baby Driver is full of energy and refreshingly stylish. The film is at its best when it blends the action on-screen to the beat of the soundtrack, in the same way Wright worked "Don't Stop Me Now" into Shaun of the Dead, and I would've loved to see more of that throughout the film. Strangely, I think I liked Jon Hamm's character a lot more than the titular Baby, who I found to be a rather bland and uninteresting. I wasn't very engaged when the plot focused on Baby and Deborah, but Baby alone in a car, or with the rotating cast of supporting characters worked really well.

Like the main character, I also suffer from tinnitus. Unlike him, however, I would make a terrible getaway driver.

Power Rangers (2017)

I came into this thinking this was going to be terrible but was surprised it was not that bad. I was of an era growing up with the original series and movie and man they are cheesy going back and watching them now. This did not really have the cheese and change the characters to be outcasts instead of goody goody teens. They were however very cliche characters and did not have too much depth to them. I guess the hard this with this movie was the demographic they were aiming for. It did not quite hit the mark for nostalgia and did not seem to hit the mark for new viewers of the franchise. If you go into it looking for a decent action movie with teenagers in it then it goes pretty well in that regard.

The CGI at times was a bit choppy especially when the character Kimberly jumps into the water at the start. Other times it was quite good with the Zoids in the final scenes of the movie. Overall it was pretty good but I think most of the criticisms come from the over saturated superhero market.

2.5/5 Stars

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
The Sting (1973)

Robert Redford, Paul Newman

Was looking for a good poker film that wasn't Rounders and IMDB suggested this. Whilst it didn't contain the poker action I was expecting, bar one nice scene, I really enjoyed the film. Something of a lost art, the movie doesn't shy away from a long run time, really taking it's time and exploring, for lack of a better word, charming characters. Redford reminds me of Brad Pitt in terms of looks but I find him a far more interesting actor. Basically the movie is a good time which holds the test of time. I'd definately rewatch it.

4/5

I cried!
No matter what is the next project of Bong Joon-Hoo, I will be there! Okja just proved to me that he is one of the best directors in business today! An enviable filmography! The Host, Memories of Murder, Mother...
I am totally against the meat industry, I will never understand how so many people can eat 'corpses' of living beings that have been brutalized to satisfy a simple ego.
Some friends who watched the film were unanimous about the feeling of guilt after the film ended, but I believe that the reappraisal of their rotten habits of eating lives should not even be in their minds, unfortunately humanity is a lost case. That must be why I like so much to see violence and satisfy myself through the suffering of others, as long as it is fictitious of course, yet it only proves that we are all rotten.
I applaud the courage to expose this industry of egos which is the agricultural industry.
If you remember well, I live in Brazil, here is the largest forest in the world, which is incredibly destroyed every day by the meat industry. In fact, agriculture is the main cause of several of today's ecological problems.
But everyone is blinded by the taste of a fallen corpse... A corpse of a living being!
My mini review

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...28#post1728328

primary buffer panel
I live in Brazil, here is the largest forest in the world, which is incredibly destroyed every day by the meat industry. In fact, agriculture is the main cause of several of today's ecological problems.
Yes, but please don't equate the destruction of rainforests with agriculture. It is their (best) excuse, "to feed the people".

/Offtopic

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Baby Driver (2017) -

It's that music video with Noel Fielding turned into a proper film, and I am totally on board with that.

While it was a little uneven at times, Baby Driver is full of energy and refreshingly stylish. The film is at its best when it blends the action on-screen to the beat of the soundtrack, in the same way Wright worked "Don't Stop Me Now" into Shaun of the Dead, and I would've loved to see more of that throughout the film. Strangely, I think I liked Jon Hamm's character a lot more than the titular Baby, who I found to be a rather bland and uninteresting. I wasn't very engaged when the plot focused on Baby and Deborah, but Baby alone in a car, or with the rotating cast of supporting characters worked really well.

Like the main character, I also suffer from tinnitus. Unlike him, however, I would make a terrible getaway driver.
Maybe it was just the performance, but Baby is the weakest aspect of the film. There are elements there that add to the character, such as his relationship with his foster father and how they communicate.

My one complaint is:

WARNING: "Baby Driver" spoilers below
Spacey never uses the same crew twice, but in the last heist he uses the same people again, just switched up. He has to know what a hot head Jamie Foxx is, he's too dangerous, so why include him on the team? Spacey is more careful than to let some lunatic with a killing fetish screw things up.

Suspect's Reviews

My one complaint is:

Spacey never uses the same crew twice, but in the last heist he uses the same people again, just switched up. He has to know what a hot head Jamie Foxx is, he's too dangerous, so why include him on the team? Spacey is more careful than to let some lunatic with a killing fetish screw things up.
I felt that way as well.

Especially since the heist Bats was part of was much sloppier than the first one we see, and ended with a member of the crew needing to be disposed of. Spacey's character's choices in the last act of the film just seemed uncharacteristically reckless. While I get that he has a bit of a soft spot for Baby, his change after seeing that Baby was in love seemed strange to me as well.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I felt that way as well.

Especially since the heist Bats was part of was much sloppier than the first one we see, and ended with a member of the crew needing to be disposed of. Spacey's character's choices in the last act of the film just seemed uncharacteristically reckless. While I get that he has a bit of a soft spot for Baby, his change after seeing that Baby was in love seemed strange to me as well.
Agreed.

Maybe you guys have the wrong understanding of the character. Maybe Baby Driver is a genius masterpiece. Maybe SHUT UP.