Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hulloooo stranger.

Well I was getting worried once they said the holdup was the CEO and top end suit were poached by Apple. From what I've been told, when a CEO leaves the show generally gets axed even if it's a high rater because the replacement CEO views it as the previous suit's baby. Ego gets in the way.

Deliriously happy now.

See? Even Mike's happy.

But now the wait!
Good things come to those who wait.

Hulloooo stranger.

Well I was getting worried once they said the holdup was the CEO and top end suit were poached by Apple. From what I've been told, when a CEO leaves the show generally gets axed even if it's a high rater because the replacement CEO views it as the previous suit's baby. Ego gets in the way.

Deliriously happy now.

Stranger? Me? Never. Hello to you, too.

This was definitely the best season of Saul thus far, in my opinion (though, the first will always hold a special place in my heart). This was easily as good as anything in Breaking Bad...no--it was BETTER.

RIP, Chuck. It had to happen. Jimmy had to lose Chuck in order to become broken enough to become Saul. Jimmy's story is a downright tragedy. No reconciliation possible now at this point.

Oh, well. Jimmy was, for all intents and purposes, the better man of the two, in my opinion.

Wonderful season. Gus fit in like a round peg and it was great to see Hector's disability origin.

Thinner Huell! Francesca! Lydia! Whew! So many "Bad" characters this season. Loved it!

LOL! Ah, I love that scene:

Huell: "Mexico, man. All's I'm sayin'."

Kuby: "He killed 11 guys in lockup in two minutes...all's I'M sayin'."

Where's Kuby? I'd love to see Thinner Huell and younger Kuby together again in Season 4.

I thought it was the best season s well. I hounded cat relentlessly via PM to get up to date.

Chuck - I'm not convinced he's dead. Maybe that's wishfull thinking because I like Michael so much.

I thought it was the best season s well. I hounded cat relentlessly via PM to get up to date.

Chuck - I'm not convinced he's dead. Maybe that's wishfull thinking because I like Michael so much.
He is dead. McKean confirmed it in an interview. He will appear as flashbacks.

He is dead. McKean confirmed it in an interview. He will appear as flashbacks.
I think Michael was making that up. He didnt know about the fire until just before he received the script, and NDA. If he's dead I'm going to kill him!!!

I yelled those final 8 words.

I think Michael was making that up. He didnt know about the fire until just before he received the script, and NDA. If he's dead I'm going to kill him!!!

I yelled those final 8 words.
Nah, he's really dead, Dani. McKean even told the interviewers that he received "The death call". Apparently, Gilligan is known to give each actor who's character is about to die the "death call" and McKean, anticipating it, pulled over.

Earlier this year McKean also stated: "Don't get too attached to Chuck".

Even Gould said: "We don't like pulling those 'Schmuck endings' so what you see is what you get."

There were also rumors for a long time that a major character might bite the dust this season.

Also, Gilligan recalled how he looked upon "a set used for years that is now nothing but exposed wires and burnt wood" and how it would be "for the last time". That was obviously Chuck's house.

To add to that, they had a suicide prevention hotline number posted after the episode ended because of Chuck's suicide.

I hate to break it to you, Dani, but he's dead. Gilligan and Gould stated that they don't like pulling those "we make you think they're dead but they turn out alive" type of cliffhanger endings.

You could even look back into Breaking Bad for this: "To Hajili" ended with Hank alive but looking quite bleak for him. The next episode literally played out like one would expect: Hank and Gomez dead and Jesse captured.

Things aren't looking good for Chuck, all things considered.

The renew news is great, but I'm dread of the "darkness fall" in the new season. Jimmy was just too sweet in the final ep of last season, so things could only go down from that

The renew news is great, but I'm dread of the "darkness fall" in the new season. Jimmy was just too sweet in the final ep of last season, so things could only go down from that
Things CAN only down from that. Losing Chuck will destroy Jimmy. I've been saying this for years now: Jimmy will have to lose Chuck and Kim in order to fully transform into Saul and his transformation into Saul will be something of a desperate measure.

Walt broke bad out of greed and ego--Jimmy will "break Saul" out of desperation, sadness and hopelessness.

Let's examine Jimmy McGill: he's the type to blame himself for Chuck's death. He just is. He'll see it as being at least partially his fault and that will start the downward spiral of depression that will cause him to lose all hope in morality.

Chuck's last words to Jimmy were: "Just be who you are." It's a foreshadowing of Jimmy eventually giving up and just diving headlong into his S'all Good, Man persona. Jimmy is going to feel that he doesn't deserve anything better at that point. Not even the presence of Kim will be enough to prevent his transformation (it hasn't so far--only held him back a bit).

With the loss of Chuck, the loss of his elderly patients, the loss of his office, the suspension of his law degree, Kim taking a break and finances still an issue, it's not difficult to imagine a desperate Jimmy beginning to get his hands dirty. He's giving up on elder law and stated: "I'll have to find a whole new client base". There's your foreshadowing there: criminals. He'll dive back into that.

I can also see him changing his practicing name to "Saul Goodman" out of feeling of not deserving to practice under the McGill name now that Chuck is gone. He's going to take his brother's advice and "be what he is".

You also have to understand something: a large part of the reason they showed Jimmy redeeming himself at the end of Season 3 was for two major reasons:

1. To reinforce that Jimmy, unlike Walt, isn't really a bad guy deep down. He really does care about people--he just gets in over his head with his scams.

and

2. To show that doing the right thing just doesn't do you any favors. He tried to make amends with Chuck and Chuck wasn't having it.

I believe that it's important for us to remember that Jimmy, as Saul Goodman, wasn't as bad as Walt even if he WAS morally crooked at that point. His transformation has to be different and has to be one of tragedy.

I still hate Chuck.
Me, too. He was an ungrateful piece of ***** who took all of his problems out on Jimmy. He had insecurities and demons and used Jimmy as an excuse for it all. But, as we discovered, it wasn't Jimmy that was the problem for Chuck--it was Chuck himself. It's why his wife left him, why Jimmy struck back against him in court and why Hamlin showed him his check and the door.

I hate people like Chuck--life is full of Chucks.

You could even look back into Breaking Bad for this: "To Hajili" ended with Hank alive but looking quite bleak for him. The next episode literally played out like one would expect: Hank and Gomez dead and Jesse captured.

Talking of Hank, who reckons he'll make an appearance next season?

I love these gifs.

The moment Mike realizes the weatherman was wrong about "Blizzard in ABQ":

Mike, a model employee dedicated to his craft:

Jimmy having second thoughts about calling Mike an "elder":

Talking of Hank, who reckons he'll make an appearance next season?
Difficult to say but I wouldn't be surprised if EVERY "Bad" character reappears at some point. We've already had most of the prominent (and not so prominent) ones reappear and there's a practical opportunity to bring most of them back:

-Hank: He and Saul seemed to know each other to some extent. Given how Jimmy will likely start representing criminals again it would be all too easy for him to have a run-in with Hank and maybe even Gomez

-Walt and Jesse: If the show crosses paths with the "Bad" timeline it would be the perfect opportunity to reprise their roles. In fact--they may have to because they need to establish with potential audience members who didn't watch Breaking Bad just how and who led to Jimmy fleeing to Omaha

-Skinny Pete: He's actually a strong candidate for a return because he shared a cell with Tuco

-Jack Welker and his Neo Nazi crew: They could easily appear because Saul mentioned in Breaking Bad how he had "represented them five years ago" which would put the year he represented them as 2004 (The year his law license is restored, ironically)

-Emelio: Jesse stated that Saul got him off several times even after he was caught, dead-to-rights

-Chow: He was worked with Gus just as Lydia did

I would mention others but almost all of them have appeared on this show now.