Solo: A Star Wars Story

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
We'll see about their careers being "binned". If it's anything like what happened with Edgar Wright and Ant-Man, then they're most likely going to end up going back to the smaller projects that will at least afford them the creative freedom that they wouldn't get with a Star Wars movie.

Latest is that the creative differences were with Lawrence Kasden about the character and demeanor of Han Solo. Kasden did not agree with the comedic sensibilities they were trying to give Solo as it was out of line with the way we know him to be. If that is true, I gotta side with Kasden on that as I was already feeling pretty dubious about this project and if there are going to do it, they must do it right.

Well, Solo did have a slight buffoon character about him. He was dashing, but flawed... but if they're turning him into a Jar Jar Binks slapstick character then yeah, Kasdan is right.

There's loads going round at the minute.
Some reckon they left, others reckon they were fired.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't think we'll know the truth until after the film is released. Heck, I'm still not 100% sure on everything that happened with Rogue One.

I just find it weird that LucasFilm hires these young directors for their fresh vision, they take creative control away from them. First Evans, now Lord & Miller. Star Wars is now being run like Marvel? Not in line with what we want? You're gone!!!!! We don't want anything fresh and new!!!!

But who knows.

Suspect's Reviews

This might just do nobody any good.
Whatever may have happened, Lord & Miller remain busy.

They still have writing credits on Sony's upcoming animated Spider-Man movie about Miles Morales, which features a surprisingly great voice cast of...

Shameik Moore
Liev Schreiber
Brian Tyree Henry
and Mahershala Ali

Yaaay!
Joe Johnston ruined Jurassic... glad he hasn't got his hands on Star Wars.

Howard is talented enough though to fix the debacle that Lord and Miller have made.

Can't say I'm enthused about Howard getting the job - I don't think I've ever liked a film he's directed (though in fairness, I've only seen a handful) but I guess it doesn't matter that much if it's being guided by the writers and producers. I maintain that Johnston would've been an alright fit if they were just looking for a journeyman with SFX genre experience.

Can't say I'm enthused about Howard getting the job - I don't think I've ever liked a film he's directed (though in fairness, I've only seen a handful) but I guess it doesn't matter that much if it's being guided by the writers and producers. I maintain that Johnston would've been an alright fit if they were just looking for a journeyman with SFX genre experience.

A lot of his movies are very disparate tbh. It's hard to get a bead on the guy.
Just a quick run over of the ones I like.

Splash
Cocoon
Willow
Apollo 13
Ransom
The Grinch
The Missing
Rush

His take on the Robert Langdon books though, gotta be in the right mind for those.

The only Howard films I've seen so far are Parenthood, A Beautiful Mind, The Da Vinci Code, and Rush. Hardly the most comprehensive experience with the guy and definitely not enough to give the impression that the guy can make a breezy space pirate movie.

This thing sounds like a colossal waste of time. First the director gets canned and now there's reportedly issues with Han's actor. I'm all for SW spinoffs but a Han Solo one sounds dumb. How the hell can it be about a younger Han when he was only in his early 30s at the time of ANH? Normally you can understand the need for having younger lookalike actors stand in for older ones (like the guy they got to play Tarkin in ROTS with some added CGI) but this is a different scenario here as hey are essentially trying to make a movie that's at best 10-15 years prior to ANH. Unless you put on a few vanity pounds or are a big time substance abuser you aren't going to look much different, if any at all, when you're in your 30s in comparison to your 20s. So in this case with them trying to recreate a universe and character first seen in the 70s via Ford with another actor it's just going to come off as awkward. And Lando is supposed to be in this too? Another guy that shouldn't look any different than he did in ESB. Sorry to be blunt but it's the truth. Plenty of other characters in SW far more deserving and interesting than Han that could get one of these but they choose him in the most weirdest way to do it.

This is going to suck.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This actually has the potential to be worse than The Last Jedi.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I am so very excited for this movie! I am also very worried about this movie. LOL! There are a lot of ways that they could screw this up. They had better not.

This might just do nobody any good.
Wow, is that quickest we’ve covered the spectrum of responses in one thread?