More EU Madness!

Tools    

The illustrious Court of Justice of the European Union has just in its infinite wisdom ruled that people can sue for having contracted various illnesses as an alleged result of having had a vaccination even if there is no scientific evidence that the vaccination caused the illness. The broad case was brought about by the narrow case of a French man who had been vaccinated against hepatitis B in 1998 and developed multiple sclerosis a year later. He wants to be able to hold the vaccination manufacturer liable for his illness. The fact that a great many people, the vast majority, who were like-vaccinated did not contract MS or that this (then) young man became inflicted with MS at a typical age for those with the disease, didn’t seem to resonate with the court. Common sense and logic seems to rarely enter into the thinking of this preposterous tribunal which rules by decree exactly as a Romanov tsar would have for hundreds of years.

In the bizarre rights happy world of the EU, everyone has rights and no one has responsibilities. A criminal cannot be deported from a host country if the penal system in the criminal’s native land isn’t judged to be as nice as in the host country, for example. This ludicrously, tyrannical court seems to enjoy pushing the metaphorical envelope further and further down the road of La La Land, sometimes, I think, just to get attention. The fact that the people of the EU put up with this in their typical sheep-like manner is just one more sign of their terminal decadence. Eurabia is indeed doomed. It is just a question of time.

From CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/21/health...-bn/index.html

Yoda will say---one more apocalyptic thread. Well, if apocalypse is staring you in face then what can one do ?

Yoda will say---one more apocalyptic thread. Well, if apocalypse is staring you in face then what can one do ?
Bury one's head into the sand, of course. Isn't this exactly what the PC crowd always does?

The illustrious Court of Justice of the European Union has just in its infinite wisdom ruled that people can sue for having contracted various illnesses as an alleged result of having had a vaccination even if there is no scientific evidence that the vaccination caused the illness. The broad case was brought about by the narrow case of a French man who had been vaccinated against hepatitis B in 1998 and developed multiple sclerosis a year later. He wants to be able to hold the vaccination manufacturer liable fro his illness. The fact that a great many people, the vast majority, who were like-vaccinated did not contract MS or that this young man became inflicted with MS at a typical age for those with the disease, didn’t seem to resonate with the court. Common sense and logic seems to rarely enter into the thinking of this preposterous tribunal which rules by decree exactly as a Romanov tsar would have for hundreds of years.

In the bizarre rights happy world of the EU, everyone has rights and no one has responsibilities. A criminal cannot be deported from a host country if the penal system in the criminal’s native land isn’t judged to be as nice as in the host country, for example. This ludicrously, tyrannical court seems to enjoy pushing the metaphorical envelope further and further down the road of La La Land, sometimes, I think, just to get attention. The fact that the people of the EU put up with this in their typical sheep-like manner is just one more sign of their terminal decadence. Eurabia is indeed doomed. It is just a question of time.

From CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/21/health...-bn/index.html
Eurabia is the tidal wave of history. Nothing can stop it , especially with dwindling population growth of native Europeans coupled with exponential population growth rate of middle Easterners coming in . You better get out of Europe if you are staying there .

Eurabia is the tidal wave of history. Nothing can stop it , especially with dwindling population growth of native Europeans coupled with exponential population growth rate of middle Easterners coming in . You better get out of Europe if you are staying there .
Hear! Hear!

Alright, time to nuke these lazy talking points:

Stop diluting the phrase "PC" by using it to describe anyone who merely questions your methods. PC means political correctness, which I have no patience for. But being anti-PC does not mean someone has to share your particularly acute sense of panic about every problem the world faces, and it sure doesn't obligate them to think the constant, obsessive expression of said panic is useful.

Let's start with the presumption that you're right, and that lots of people are "burying their head in the sand" about various threats (which I'd at least partially agree with). What exactly are you doing with your above-sand head? Do you think you're contributing to the solution by being constantly outraged on a movie site, and browbeating not only people who disagree, but even people who don't, because you think they're insufficiently vocal and showy about their concerns, or refuse to make expressing those concerns the central concern of their existence?

This is an important question, because it suggests that most of this outrage isn't about solving the problem, but more about feeling like you're doing something, even if you're not. And that's the charitable interpretation. The less charitable one is that it's really just about feeling better than the head-in-the-sand people, and there'd be very little interest in saying all this if it didn't also afford you the opportunity to feel superior to them.

Where can we go? Europe is our home, our continent, our culture. Yet our traitorous, crazy politicians decided to open it up to mass uncontrolled immigration allowing in millions of mostly single, fighting age young men. They mostly come to take advantage of our very generous welfare systems which, for some moronic reason, are available to everyone who decides to move here. It is sheer madness and stupidity which none of us voted for yet which is imposed on us.

I am quite sure though that the welfare systems are all going to collapse like a pack of cards now that the baby boomers are starting to retire en masse and the money for pensions and national health systems is going to disappear. Baby boomers are the biggest generation who ever lived and the generations coming after just don't generate enough wealth to keep up these systems. Maybe it's not such a bad thing - if there is nothing to give away, maybe we will stop being invaded.

In my country I contribute by supporting right wing political parties like shiv sena which are involved in causes like this---

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.huf...sp_a_22043914/

In my country I contribute by supporting right wing political parties like shiv sena which are involved in causes like this---

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.huf...sp_a_22043914/
I think being right wing is anathema in certain circles.....

I think being right wing is anathema in certain circles.....
Only they are capable of taking the opponents head on . No one else has the guts . It's a question of survival.

Stop diluting the phrase "PC" by using it to describe anyone who merely questions your methods. PC means political correctness, which I have no patience for. But being anti-PC does not mean someone has to share your particularly acute sense of panic about every problem the world faces, and it sure doesn't obligate them to think the constant, obsessive expression of said panic is useful.

Let's start with the presumption that you're right, and that lots of people are "burying their head in the sand" about various threats (which I'd at least partially agree with). What exactly are you doing with your above-sand head? Do you think you're contributing to the solution by being constantly outraged on a movie site, and browbeating not only people who disagree, but even people who don't, because you think they're insufficiently vocal and showy about their concerns, or refuse to make expressing those concerns the central concern of their existence?

This is an important question, because it suggests that most of this outrage isn't about solving the problem, but more about feeling like you're doing something, even if you're not. And that's the charitable interpretation. The less charitable one is that it's really just about feeling better than the head-in-the-sand people, and there'd be very little interest in saying all this if it didn't also afford you the opportunity to feel superior to them.
People who enjoy movies don’t have political opinions? I recently made what I thought was a very intelligent and thoughtful reply on the “Performances that surprised” thread regarding Steve Martin and didn’t receive a single up-vote let alone reply. This seems telling as to where people’s interest lie.

What is the purpose of any political discourse? Perhaps an effort to persuade? Isn’t this how movements are engendered? Someone reads here, is persuaded and then persuades others in turn. The President of the United States ran in large part against PC. It is therefore a most relevant topic and not the exclusive preserve of some singular crank ranting on an internet forum.

Yoda, my friend, you’re at the crosswords, I think. This is indeed your forum. You can either ban political discourse here or allow it and police it for egregious content, libel, for example, and obscenity. Otherwise, I think you should allow the chips to fall where they may. It’s your call alone. Any who don’t like your decision, can start their own forum if they have sufficient interest. But please don't vacillate.

People who enjoy movies don’t have political opinions?
This is an obvious straw man. You say "have political opinions," but we all have those. What's at issue is compulsively expressing the same political opinion over and over.

What is the purpose of any political discourse? Perhaps an effort to persuade? Isn’t this how movements are engendered? Someone reads here, is persuaded and then persuades others in turn.
If persuasion were the goal, people wouldn't be actively attacking those who agree with them about terrorism for merely thinking this is an ineffective, boorish way of going about it. It seems pretty clear, then, that it's the expression of outrage itself that's the real motivator. This is supported by how much time is spent talking about how awful or myopic other people are, relative to the amount of time talking about the problem itself.

Yoda, my friend, you’re at the crosswords, I think. This is indeed your forum. You can either ban political discourse here or allow it and police it for egregious content, liable, for example, and obscenity. Otherwise, I think you should allow the chips to fall where they may. It’s your call alone. Any who don’t like your decision, can start their own forum if they have sufficient interest. But please don't vacillate.
I choose to allow it and ban egregious content. And, under the term "egregious," I choose to include the fanatical obsession with constantly expressing the same thing over and over.

If you require more clarity than that, I am happy to provide it: if anyone's primary interest here is to talk about how doomed we are, and if they are unable to restrain themselves from talking about it on an almost daily basis, they should find another site.

Come on , the same political opinion is repeated again and again because the terror attacks occur again and again.

We need some place to bang our virtual heads in frustration at society's inability to stop the onrushing tide.

Come on , the same political opinion is repeated again and again because the terror attacks occur again and again.
This seems like a non-sequitur. Why would you need to repeat every opinion with every attack? I think lots of things are bad, but I don't feel the need to reiterate my opinion every time I even encounter them, let alone just hear about one on the news. I don't start a new thread arguing for the existence of God every time an atheist shows up in my Facebook feed.

And if I did, you know what would happen? People would tune me out and I wouldn't have accomplished anything.

We need some place to bang our heads in frustration at society's inability to stop the onrushing tide.
Well, I'm glad we agree that this is little more than frustrated head-banging.

But even if you do need such a place, one wonders why it should be here. You can say this stuff in a million places, many with the same insatiable appetite for discussing it. But obviously, that's not enough. Seems like what people really want is just to have their outrage seen and acknowledged, which means any place is as good as any other. But they can't say that, because it doesn't sound as noble as suggesting that this is really about trying to save civilization.

If these discussions were at all pragmatic, rather than just a compulsive expression of outrage, they would all look very different and probably be happening some place else.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Hear Here!

Man, I really hope you all stop arguing with Chris/Yoda long enough to REALLY read his posts.

This is an obvious straw man. You say "have political opinions," but we all have those. What's at issue is compulsively expressing the same political opinion over and over.

If persuasion were the goal, people wouldn't be actively attacking those who agree with them about terrorism for merely thinking this is an ineffective, boorish way of going about it. It seems pretty clear, then, that it's the expression of outrage itself that's the real motivator. This is supported by how much time is spent talking about how awful or myopic other people are, relative to the amount of time talking about the problem itself.

I choose to allow it and ban egregious content. And, under the term "egregious," I choose to include the fanatical obsession with constantly expressing the same thing over and over.

If you require more clarity than that, I am happy to provide it: if anyone's primary interest here is to talk about how doomed we are, and if they are unable to restrain themselves from talking about it on an almost daily basis, they should find another site.
"Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam"

I take it you’re not a big fan of Cato? Hey, it worked!