Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
La Tera Trema - 8.5/10

Grapes of Wrath. Italian Style....
@Camo - My favorite by Visconti.. Have you seen this?

I Am Michael, 8/10, films in which the last few seconds change or define the whole rest of it are rare and wonderful things.

Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) -

So darkly hilarious. Oscar Isaac was brilliant and its a crime he wasn't nominated for any major awards. This has surpassed The Big Lebowski as my favourite Coen brothers movie.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

This might just do nobody any good.
Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) -
Still my favorite of the 2010s so far. Isaac deserved, at least, a nomination.

The new Earl of Gurney is a paranoid schizophrenic who believes himself to be Jesus Christ. We see how his noble family from a ruthless uncle, his scorned aunt, and git cousin deal with his mental illness. Resulting in a bloody enjoyable very dark comedy. Not Dr Strangelove dark nor quite as funny, but it made me laugh. I especially laughed at the "kissed in the garden" joke. Peter O'Toole gives an amazing performance as Jack Gurney. I am thankful it has been preserved by the Criterion Collection.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
The Recriut (2003)

It was made in 2003 and still keeps in suspense. Pacino is as demonic as... Pacino
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	v1.bTsxMTIwNjk2MjtqOzE3NDU0OzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	31675  

Xiao cheng zhi chun [Spring In A Small Town] (1948) - Slow but delightful Chinese drama that's well worth a watch

Unregistered User
I wish it was me going through BB for the first time. I have watched the series twice now. I'm beginning to itch for a third run-through.

Loved season 4, looking forward to hear your comments on the final few episodes of that season.

Have to admit, its difficult not to be smug that I'm watching this now for the first time whilst everyone has already watched it. Un fortunately though, the fear is already kicking it that I'm coming close to the end! If I could span them out I would but I just cant wait to see the next one. Planning on Better Call Saul next, did you watch it?

Have to admit, its difficult not to be smug that I'm watching this now for the first time whilst everyone has already watched it. Un fortunately though, the fear is already kicking it that I'm coming close to the end! If I could span them out I would but I just cant wait to see the next one. Planning on Better Call Saul next, did you watch it?
No need to feel smug - we've only watched the first two series thus far and the rest is on hold for now so not quite everyone has watched it

#redefiningslow

Unregistered User
No need to feel smug - we've only watched the first two series thus far and the rest is on hold for now so not quite everyone has watched it

#redefiningslow

Cant. Help. Still. Feeling......... Smug.

Slow like a turtle?

Swiss Army Man (2016)

Unregistered User

The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945)

Superb photography and set pieces really make this an atmospheric and chilling watch. The acting is top form, in particular Lansbury stands out. I'm not sure this will make my 40's list but would be nice to see it featured.

Not entirely sure - what are they like?
They zoom past so fast they're just a momentary blur and it's really difficult to make any detail out

Legend in my own mind
The Hunt (2012)

Summary

Overall I thought that the film was really well made. It was solid in all areas, but for me it was slightly unbelievable in some places.
With that said, I was physically tense throughout due to the story, the topic and the acting. I was invested and I was taken on a journey. A key aim of any film, should be to make the viewer feel things. In that area this film truly did deliver.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
but for me it was slightly unbelievable in some places.
Which parts did you think were unbelievable?