Would you date, or marry someone who had a sex change operation?

Tools    

Transgender.

Made me think of the question when I watched Hellraiser Bloodline. When one of the guy officers who's a twin in the film says something like, "I'd do her as long as she's got her stuff clipped off."

So guys would you date, or marry a guy turned into a girl?

And girls would you marry a girl turned into a guy?
Yes, and yes.

I would date/marry a giraffe if I fell in love with him/her.

If they didn't tell their partners then surely that's deceiving them! I still wouldn't date or marry anyone who has had a sex change
It's deceiving? If they claim to be born in the gender it's deceiving but I guess not saying "hi, how is it going? I am trans.", isn't deceiving. You think that's the first thing they should say before anything else?

If they didn't tell their partners then surely that's deceiving them! I still wouldn't date or marry anyone who has had a sex change
It's deceiving? If they claim to be born in the gender it's deceiving but I guess not saying "hi, how is it going? I am trans.", isn't deceiving. You think that's the first thing they should say before anything else?
I'm not bothered what they say to be honest. I wouldn't date or marry someone who has had a sex change, that's what the thread asked!

She said "if they didn't tell their partners." I think the word "partners" implies that the people in this scenario have not just met, and thus she was not suggesting that it should be the first thing they say.

@Yoda, she claims she would never date someone who is trans. That logically implies she considers deceiving not telling if they are trans before the first date. Otherwise she would feel to be "deceived".

That only makes sense if you assume they already know she'd never date a trans person, but there's no reason to assume they'd know that upon meeting her.

It's entirely possible she expects them to reveal that upfront. I just don't think that can be gleaned from what she's said so far.
She said:

I'm not bothered what they say to be honest. I wouldn't date or marry someone who has had a sex change, that's what the thread asked!
Emphasis mine: Never date. Therefore, before the FIRST date she expects to know that person is cis. Otherwise she will feel deceived.

Emphasis mine: Never date. Therefore, before the FIRST date she expects to know that person is cis. Otherwise she will feel deceived.
I don't know where you're getting the word "expects." The fact that she'd never date a trans person suggests she'd like to know, but it doesn't logically follow that she therefore expects any transgender person to reveal they're transgender immediately. And the fact that she used the word "partner" would seem to imply otherwise, since you're obviously not someone's "partner" when you first meet them (or even when you first date them).

More importantly, you didn't originally say "before the first date." You originally said "the first thing they should say."

movies can be okay...
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Hell no.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Is this question really that different from, "would you date or marry someone of your own sex despite you being straight"?

No. When females become male they still look female to me, same as when a guy becomes female, he still has broad shoulders, see lots of transgender guys here in Liverpool, nothing against them but they still look male to me.
These look female to you?

http://www.oddee.com/item_98038.aspx

These look male to you?

http://www.oddee.com/item_98843.aspx

I think that if they never tell their partners they will not be discovered as trans. At least until they have to explain why they cant have kids.
Anyone can dress up as the opposite sex, it's what's inside,men don't have the same reproductive system as women,the same with women not having the same reproductive system as men, even if things are removed or implanted, in my opinion the sex you are born as is the same sex you die as.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Anyone can dress up as the opposite sex, it's what's inside,men don't have the same reproductive system as women,the same with women not having the same reproductive system as men, even if things are removed or implanted, in my opinion the sex you are born as is the same sex you die as.
Some people look for nice eyes or a nice smile, others like shapely legs or bottom, but for some people I guess its all about the internal reproductive organs...

Some people look for nice eyes or a nice smile, others like shapely legs or bottom, but for some people I guess its all about the internal reproductive organs...
There's nothing wrong with my opinion, i'm a straight woman who will only date or marry a man who is 100% male!

There's nothing wrong with my opinion, i'm a straight woman who will only date or marry a man who is 100% male!
Being a straight woman who will only date biological males has absolutely nothing to do with this:

I firmly believe in every person's right to choose to be with a particular partner - or leave that partner - for absolutely any reason. It's your life and your body, so you should be with the person who best suits you.

However, I don't think it's anyone's place to say what gender another person is.

As for the OP, my simple answer is I don't think so but I won't know for sure until the situation presents itself in real life.

Being a straight woman who will only date biological males has absolutely nothing to do with this:

I firmly believe in every person's right to choose to be with a particular partner - or leave that partner - for absolutely any reason. It's your life and your body, so you should be with the person who best suits you.

However, I don't think it's anyone's place to say what gender another person is.

As for the OP, my simple answer is I don't think so but I won't know for sure until the situation presents itself in real life.
Yes it does, i am straight not bisexual!

No, it doesn't.

That second post I quoted has absolutely nothing to do with your sexuality. You only being attracted to biological males does not give you the right to tell other people what their gender is.

No, it doesn't.

That second post I quoted has absolutely nothing to do with your sexuality. You only being attracted to biological males does not give you the right to tell other people what their gender is.
You're not gonna change my opinion on this, i am straight and would never go with a transgender.simple as that!

You're not gonna change my opinion on this, i am straight and would never go with a transgender.simple as that!
I never said nor implied that you should "go with a transgender." In fact, what I said was "I firmly believe in every person's right to choose to be with a particular partner - or leave that partner - for absolutely any reason." That includes what set of genitals that person was born with.

I also said you don't have the right to dictate what other people's genders are.

These are two wholly separate and unrelated concepts.