Things that annoy you...

Tools    

-Computer Viruses
Had a virus at least once a year with my Sony VAIO. Switched to an Apple iPad & never had a virus.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Speeding soccer mums. Saw on a police feed this morning one got pinged driving 83km in a 40km school zone. $1092 fine. Karma is beautiful.

Speaking of grammar... I've been hearing this everywhere lately, but don't remember hearing it as common parlance in times past...
When people answer a question with the first word being "So."

Q. Can you describe to us the kind of technology your company is developing?
A. So, what we've been doing is interfacing blah-blah-blah.

It seems anyone asked a question these days starts out their answer with the word "so."
I know it's not a big deal or anything, but it sounds somehow rude or sloppily informal or something to me.

Starting with "so" to answer a question sounds like you were already talking, the questioner interrupted you, and now you're trying to continue with what you were saying. Because, when interrupted we usually say, "So, anyway..." or "So, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted...." But they're using it as the first part of an answer to direct questions:

Q. What kind of work did you do before this?
A. So I was working at a pharmaceutical company.

It just doesn't sound right.
It reminds me of valley-girl-speak or stoner-speak or something!
The answer should be "I worked at a pharmaceutical company."

Using "so" sounds like your were already in the middle of a thought, statement or story.
This is annoying me more than ever - everyone's doing it: on TV, on the radio, I've heard doctors, lawyers and even English teachers using it! Recently they had the teacher's tournament on Jeopardy and during the interview portions I caught several of them starting an answer to a question with "So..."

No! You weren't already speaking! You're not resuming some story that you already started and are now getting back to! You're standing there with your mouth shut until Alex asks you a direct question. You don't answer with "So..." as if Alex had interrupted you or as if you've reached a conclusion that you've already built up to!

"So" can also be a synonym for thus or therefore, but to use these you must first build a premise. You don't start out with "so" if you are answering a question and haven't stated a premise. And you're not responding to someone else's premise - their question is not your premise by which you come to a conclusion where using "so" is appropriate!

This is annoying me more than ever - everyone's doing it: on TV, on the radio, I've heard doctors, lawyers and even English teachers using it! Recently they had the teacher's tournament on Jeopardy and during the interview portions I caught several of them starting an answer to a question with "So..."
Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. It drives me nuts too - especially on the Jeopardy chats. Almost everyone who is interviewed now on NPR does it too. It seems to be the new annoying "like" equivalent.

A major peeve of mine is when someone stops to chat to me on the street while holding a bag of dog poop. Yes, it's great that they're cleaning up after their pooch, but at least put the bag on the ground while we're chatting. It makes me gag.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Lately I've found myself a little sickened/annoyed by people that are overly positive. Maybe theres already someone thats said this on the thread...well if so I didnt read it but I'm a fan, if not, well read this lol. Anyway, I'll carry on, just those people. The ones who always have this big massive smile and positive upbeat voice consistently. Like if you talk to them, it feels like a front, like they are deliberately seeing the world through rose tinted glasses, thats its hard to pierce and get to know the geniuine person. I mean who am i to say there not being geniuine but fck it still annoys me. Be a bit negative, be a bit rude, especially if someone is disrespecting you. Just be a a bit human. Quit trying to befriend everyone. Quit filling my head with positive vibes. I thrive in the darkness.

Trying to think of movies example....ummmm, the wife in American Beauty. The front she puts on, that. Who else, probably the legally blonde Reece Witherspoon but imagine that person in real life. Up in your grill 24/7. Smiling at you, talking to you in that voice. Yea anyway, my lesson for everyone here today is, its ok to be a bit negative...but you know....not to much. That would be annoying. Ok so just be balanced and normal and not annoying, you know, be more like me.
It's not exactly in line with what you are saying, but I run a shop and once a month first thing on a Monday morning we have a salesman come in, usually he is knocking on the door a few minutes before I open......now bear in mind that at 9am on a Monday morning I feel halfway to suicidal like quite a lot of people.........so he comes in with this fake salesman like "MORNING" with a huge grin on his face, then attempts to make ****** small talk, I swear it makes me feel like setting him on fire in a big pyre and dancing round him laughing as he screams going "HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ITS NOT SUCH A NICE F*CKING MORNING NOW IS IT HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA"

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
It's not exactly in line with what you are saying, but I run a shop and once a month first thing on a Monday morning we have a salesman come in, usually he is knocking on the door a few minutes before I open......now bear in mind that at 9am on a Monday morning I feel halfway to suicidal like quite a lot of people.........so he comes in with this fake salesman like "MORNING" with a huge grin on his face, then attempts to make ****** small talk, I swear it makes me feel like setting him on fire in a big pyre and dancing round him laughing as he screams going "HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ITS NtOT SUCH A NICE F*CKING MORNING NOW IS IT HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA"
This kind of fake niceness and positivity coupled with nonesense small talk is exactly what I'm talking about. Get the **** away from me and my shop lol.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This kind of fake niceness and positivity coupled with nonesense small talk is exactly what I'm talking about. Get the **** away from me and my shop lol.
Some of the salesman are cool,, just down to earth genuine people but the way some of them are trained is plain wrong, not everyone wants to receive this false over the top niceness. They should tailor their approach to people.

Some of the salesman are cool,, just down to earth genuine people but the way some of them are trained is plain wrong, not everyone wants to receive this false over the top niceness. They should tailor their approach to people.
An emotionally intelligent one would.

I hate 24 hour clocks with a passion.

I hate 24 hour clocks with a passion.
Could you not simply buy a passionless one then?

Government forms annoy me, doesn't matter what they are to do with they all seem to be written to be as complicated or illogical as possible.

One thing that annoys me a lot is when a scene or line delivery in a trailer is different when it appears in the finished film. A lot of the time it's so much better in the trailer. I can think of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and The Dark Knight as just two examples.

Could you not simply buy a passionless one then?

One thing that annoys me a lot is when a scene or line delivery in a trailer is different when it appears in the finished film. A lot of the time it's so much better in the trailer. I can think of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and The Dark Knight as just two examples.
I hate it when a trailer is so much better than the actual movie. I fall for it almost every time.

I hate it when a trailer is so much better than the actual movie. I fall for it almost every time.
Yeah I think The Equalizer and The Witch were two instances where I expected a lot more, but the former I still like even though it's not perfect.

A real downer was Dwayne Johnson's Hercules

WARNING: spoilers below
because they retconned all the monsters as made up propaganda

i don't like people lacking in pedestrian etiquette who career out of shops (like Boots) without due care and attention.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
i don't like people lacking in pedestrian etiquette who career out of shops (like Boots) without due care and attention.
I witnessed this yesterday. Walking through a shopping centre carpark he was so busy texting he almost got backed over by an old lady reversing. Temporary citizen. If I hadn't sung out to watch out that poor old lady would have to get someone to scrape him off her tyres.

Lots of things annoy me. I'll list a few...

Ill relationships.

I dated this woman who used to try and get leverage with me (as if I wanted to actually compete?!) by asking me "where's your confidence?!" It got to me back then but not nearly as much as it got to me today while driving. It just popped back into my head, like, literally after 10 year since she said it. First of all...my confidence is my business. If and when it comes, it will come and I will have deserved it by hard work or a lucky awakening/realization. It's not like I was sobbing while we grocery shopped.

It's like when I walk into starbucks or something and the girl behind the counter is all smiley to her co workers and other customers and then she turns to me and slowly, as she sees my face, her smile starts melting into this disturbed concerned look, getting all bashful and even a bit passive aggressive as she asks me what I want.

Well excuuuuse me for living and breathing. Sorry I'm not out fighting the good fight by being a complete phony and smiling like some white robed guru fresh off of a weekend retreat of breathwork! I'm in here for some liquid cocaine dirt water. It's not like I'm stink eyeing you..I just don't feel the need to bullsht you, just like you don't feel the need to be courteous enough to not send out freak-alert vibes to me!

So yeah, there's that. I just don't like people telling me I need to smile. Believe me, when a smile is warranted, I will light your pants on fire with a warm, genuine and respectfully conservative smile that will have the enthusiasm of a Willem Dafoe, but not the shock value. Until that moment arrives though, don't think because you're a barista that you're automatically entitled to my inner light and agreement. You don't know me. Want a smile? Wanna feel comfortable? Do your job better. And that goes for you, too, ex-fiancee to be. You do your job better, too. Maybe then you'll get a little something back out of a genuine place instead of always wanting fake confidence from someone who just whores out smiles like car wash flyers.

What were those lines. I remember rogue one didn't have that "rebel line" yea but I agree..annoying. Also massive cgi video clips for video games that are nothing like the gameplay.

And people rushing on trains before departing passengers have even a second to disembark.