THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

This is not going to be a chill post. Also apologies for the TLDR rant I'm about to go on.

I AM LIVID right now.

On Sunday, I saw The Mummy at Brenden Theatres in my town. Before purchasing the tickets, I Googled "Brendan Theaters Vacaville" to check the current pricing. The first search result was for Fandango. This was the second result: http://www.brendentheatres.com/vacaville-16/ . It is very clearly on the official Brenden Theatres website. It also very clearly says that matinees are all shows before 6 p.m., that the matinee price is $8.50, and that regular admission is $11.25.

I attended the 2:20 p.m. showing and was charged $12.25. So I went to the customer service desk and was told that weekend matinees are only until 2:00 p.m. and that the price is $12.25. Being one of the few people in the world to not own a smartphone (or any cell phone), I couldn't just pull up the site to prove him wrong, so I told him that's not what the website said. He just said he'd let someone know. No apology. No offer of a refund for the difference, no offer of a free pass. Nothing.

I wasn't able to get online that evening, so I checked again on Monday and found that same page. So I posted on their Facebook page that the prices on their site are lies and that it is false advertising and provided the link to the page I had seen. Their response? "The website is correct" and they posted a screenshot of a different page with the correct pricing. I countered with a screenshot of my own. They claimed they couldn't replicate the result and suggested I clear my search history. I explained exactly how I found the page with the misinformation. Their response? "You can't Google our info, you have to type in http://www.brendentheatres.com/." Then they claimed that the page I had linked wasn't from their website because Brenden is spelled with an E and not an A. Yes, I had misspelled their theater name in my search, but the name in the URL for the page is correct, which I pointed out. They insisted again that I needed to clear my search history. I told them that I had but when I Google Brenden Theatres Vacaville, I still get that same result. I also told them not to come back at me with the "you can't Google us" crap, because obviously Googling is what a lot of customers are going to do. Their response? They deleted the Facebook thread and blocked me from posting on their page or messaging them. I tried calling the theater, but of course nobody answered. I left a message, but of course nobody has called back. I was unable to find a phone number for their corporate office, but I did find an email link and have contacted them.

This is hands down the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Through all that there was still no apology, no offer of a refund for the difference, or any compensation for the fact that their own website has misinformation about pricing.

That is definitely BS on their part. I think they may be talking about this link?

http://www.brendentheatres.com/vacav...nfo-vacaville/

That has different admission info. I'm a little confused to be honest, all I know is it is definitely BS for them to be treating you like that. They must have a real idiot behind the keyboard if they can't "replicate the result," I was able to find your link too by googling "Brenden Theaters Vacaville". Third link down.

Sorry to hear you're going through that. Bad customer service is a huge bummer.

That is definitely BS on their part. I think they may be talking about this link?

http://www.brendentheatres.com/vacav...nfo-vacaville/

That has different admission info. I'm a little confused to be honest, all I know is it is definitely BS for them to be treating you like that. They must have a real idiot behind the keyboard if they can't "replicate the result," I was able to find your link too by googling "Brenden Theaters Vacaville". Third link down.

Sorry to hear you're going through that. Bad customer service is a huge bummer.
Yeah, they were talking about that link, but the link I found most definitely is on their website. I've just reported them to the Better Business Bureau for false advertising.

This is not going to be a chill post. Also apologies for the TLDR rant I'm about to go on.

I AM LIVID right now.

On Sunday, I saw The Mummy at Brenden Theatres in my town. Before purchasing the tickets, I Googled "Brendan Theaters Vacaville" to check the current pricing. The first search result was for Fandango. This was the second result: http://www.brendentheatres.com/vacaville-16/ . It is very clearly on the official Brenden Theatres website. It also very clearly says that matinees are all shows before 6 p.m., that the matinee price is $8.50, and that regular admission is $11.25.

I attended the 2:20 p.m. showing and was charged $12.25. So I went to the customer service desk and was told that weekend matinees are only until 2:00 p.m. and that the price is $12.25. Being one of the few people in the world to not own a smartphone (or any cell phone), I couldn't just pull up the site to prove him wrong, so I told him that's not what the website said. He just said he'd let someone know. No apology. No offer of a refund for the difference, no offer of a free pass. Nothing.

I wasn't able to get online that evening, so I checked again on Monday and found that same page. So I posted on their Facebook page that the prices on their site are lies and that it is false advertising and provided the link to the page I had seen. Their response? "The website is correct" and they posted a screenshot of a different page with the correct pricing. I countered with a screenshot of my own. They claimed they couldn't replicate the result and suggested I clear my search history. I explained exactly how I found the page with the misinformation. Their response? "You can't Google our info, you have to type in http://www.brendentheatres.com/." Then they claimed that the page I had linked wasn't from their website because Brenden is spelled with an E and not an A. Yes, I had misspelled their theater name in my search, but the name in the URL for the page is correct, which I pointed out. They insisted again that I needed to clear my search history. I told them that I had but when I Google Brenden Theatres Vacaville, I still get that same result. I also told them not to come back at me with the "you can't Google us" crap, because obviously Googling is what a lot of customers are going to do. Their response? They deleted the Facebook thread and blocked me from posting on their page or messaging them. I tried calling the theater, but of course nobody answered. I left a message, but of course nobody has called back. I was unable to find a phone number for their corporate office, but I did find an email link and have contacted them.

This is hands down the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Through all that there was still no apology, no offer of a refund for the difference, or any compensation for the fact that their own website has misinformation about pricing.
Dracarys!

Damn, sounds like a pain in the price-of-assmission.

No but really though. I HATE dealing with "costumer services" and always hope I never run into problems, but when I do, it's almost always a pain to solve.

I actually just got off the phone with someone from Brenden. He said they've disabled the link with the misinformation and are mailing me four free passes.

He asked me how many people are in my family. I said four, which is true, though my brother lives out of state and my dad never goes to the movies.

I should've lied and said ten.

Still, all they had to do was say sorry and either refunded the difference or given me a free pass when I complained the first time and this whole thing could've been avoided. Or, you know, not had misinformation on their website in the first place.

Got an email from the supervisor at the Vacaville Brenden. I'd given him my work address to mail the passes to and he said he'd actually stopped by the office yesterday (I was off) and dropped them off. He also said he gave me eight passes instead of four.

Good to know somebody in that company knows how to treat customers.

I've just reported them to the Better Business Bureau for false advertising.
I never thought the BBB had teeth until I reported my incompetent roofer to them. He was beside himself & was so fearful of his "reputation" that I got a certified mail refund check from him the next day. I was very impressed.

I guess someone has to keep the "chill" in the Chill Club.

At least it's not snow.
Ugh. I could never live in Canada.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Got an email from the supervisor at the Vacaville Brenden. I'd given him my work address to mail the passes to and he said he'd actually stopped by the office yesterday (I was off) and dropped them off. He also said he gave me eight passes instead of four.

Good to know somebody in that company knows how to treat customers.
Good for you for standing up for yourself until they made it right.

If more people stood up for themselves, maybe they would get their act together and we wouldn't have problems like this.

I guess you learned well from gbg.
I wish more people would learn from my experiences, and stand up for their rights when things go wrong.

GBG would have had the cops show up at the theater while she was there.

All of the movies would have stopped. People would have to evacuate. They'd think there was a shooter.
Nope. I rarely cause a scene, and I never lose my temper. If I don't get satisfaction from the manager, I quietly go up the ladder until I do. There's always someone higher up who cares about their customers.

5 DAYSSSSSSS !!!!!

Apologies to @Yoda . Don't think i should go into everything but i was absolutely wrong about my assumptions there that some of you may have seen before i deleted them.