My Sexiest Male Movie Character List

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I saw R&J but I can't really remember it so I have to decline a rep on this one. If he appears again in later movies I will be repping. He just has an air about him that is very attractive, plus I just think he's a great actor.

Danny McGuire, Cover Girl

Gene Kelly gave one of his best performances as a nightclub owner who can't handle it when his favorite chorus girl (Rita Hayworth) becomes a modeling sensation.

Babe, Marathon Man

Dustin Hoffman is another actor not immediately associated with the word "sexy" but I thought he was really hot in this movie.

Julian, Less Than Zero

As messed up as this character was, he was still sexy as hell and the most interesting aspect of the movie. Robert Downey Jr. stole the show as a recent college graduate who's losing the battle with his addiction to crack cocaine.

Duane Jackson, The Last Picture Show

Remember when Jeff Bridges was young and delicious? This performance earned Bridges his first Oscar nomination and haunted my dreams.

Charlie Y. Reader, The Tender Trap

Ol' Blues Eyes hits the list again as a confirmed bachelor torn between two very different women (Celeste Holm, Debbie Reynolds).

This might just do nobody any good.
Doubling on the Marathon Man love. It's probably the most realistic version of the 70s paranoid thrillers, wherein the goal is to benefit two scumbags, rather than, I don't know, secretly control the world.

Then again, it seems we're living in a parody of something like The Parallax View so "realistic" may not apply anymore.

I do wish RDJ would seek out more roles like the one in Less Than Zero (which isn't a great movie, rather a serviceable one with two great supporting performances).

It would be a shame if he spent the rest of his career reprising Tony Stark in some way or another.

Seeing baby Bridges is weird. For me there's only two versions - The Dude or this...

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
CK Dexter Haven, The Philadelphia Story
OK. A big THANK YOU for having this character on your list!!!

And also,
Don Baker, Butterflies are Free
thank you for this one. I honestly thought I was the only one that thought he was pretty good in this film. I have watched this movie just so I could enjoy him.

Vinny, Summer of Sam

My first exposure to John Leguizamo...one thing that made this character so sexy was the fact that he was a hairdresser, I don't know why, but it really amped his appeal.

Kevin Dolenz, St. Elmo's Fire

Andrew McCarthy was quietly sexy as a reporter who has worked so hard at concealing his unrequited love that everyone thinks he's gay.

Vinny, Summer of Sam

My first exposure to John Leguizamo...one thing that made this character so sexy was the fact that he was a hairdresser, I don't know why, but it really amped his appeal.
Haven't seen that in years but I remember liking it and him. And it didn't hurt that Mira Sorvino co-starred .

Every character that Robert Redford played ! EVER!

Tripp, Failure to Launch

Matthew McConaughey hits the list again in this comedy about a 35 year old man who still lives with his parents (Kathy Bates, Terry Bradshaw) and the woman (Sarah Jessica Parker) his parents hire to get him out of the house.

This might just do nobody any good.
I've always been kind of sad that Carpenter never got Jeff and Kurt in a movie together.