Aladdin (Live Action)

Tools    

Nine years after the release of "RockNRolla", Tom Hardy could find Guy Ritchie by lending his traits to the villain Jafar, in the live version of "Aladdin" that the director prepares, according to an English tabloid.

They almost replicated in the DC Comics universe, until the latter left Suicide Squad, where he was originally to play Rick Flagg. But it is perhaps at Disney that Will Smith and Tom Hardy will collaborate for the first time in their respective careers. According to The Sun, the English actor would be Guy Ritchie's number one choice to lend his features to the villain Jafar in Aladdin's live adaptation prepared by the director of Snatch.

Welcome to the human race...
Even by the already-low standards of Hollywood whitewashing, this sounds like a really bad idea. Using any white people in Aladdin sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Also, I'm surprised they're going to let Ritchie keep directing after his last two films were such high-profile bombs. I guess these Disney remakes are just that unlikely to lose money, but there's a first time for everything.

This might just do nobody any good.
Disney's got pressure from audiences to not **** this up because, I guess, they forgot that the animated movies are still there...

I don't think Hardy's getting cast but I don't think we'll get someone appropriate like Alexander Siddig.

Ben Kingsley's gonna be the sultan, though.

Even by the already-low standards of Hollywood whitewashing
nobody is saying they can't make this film in Egypt or whatever, maybe they already have... badly

This is Guy Ritchies film, He's a Brit, he can have who the **** he wants in it, story is universal.

always a mistake to glance at your post, try not to again, sorry.

Curious whether all of the people up in arms about someone not white possibly playing Bond will brush this off or double down and pretend they are bothered by this too.

Well, From Beyond has shown his hand early.

nobody is saying they can't make this film in Egypt or whatever, maybe they already have... badly

This is Guy Ritchies film, He's a Brit, he can have who the **** he wants in it, story is universal.

always a mistake to glance at your post, try not to again, sorry.
Considering how badly Exodus: Gods and Kings and Gods of Egypt flopped amidst their own whitewashing controversies, I doubt anyone's going to try going the "white Egyptian" route with their blockbusters any time soon. As I stated before, it doesn't seem like Guy "my last two movies were huge flops" Ritchie is going to get that much leeway when working for Disney - as far as we know, this is still just an unsubstantiated rumour.

Also, thanks for the new signature.

Considering how badly Exodus: Gods and Kings and Gods of Egypt flopped amidst their own whitewashing controversies, I doubt anyone's going to try going the "white Egyptian" route with their blockbusters any time soon. As I stated before, it doesn't seem like Guy "my last two movies were huge flops" Ritchie is going to get that much leeway when working for Disney - as far as we know, this is still just an unsubstantiated rumour.

Also, thanks for the new signature.
I mean that Egyptians could make this film with Egyptian actors.

You are more than welcome.. touched

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Official casting so far, according to Disney

Mena Massoud as Aladdin
Naomi Scott as Jasmine
Will Smith as The Genie

If I was giving Hardy advice I'd say avoid this like the black plague. If he takes this it would be like waving a 9 iron on top of a hill in a lightning storm. The crap he would catch for this would not be worth the reward. The chick playing Jasmine is already catching flack. People have gone mad with this casting stuff.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Official casting so far, according to Disney

Mena Massoud as Aladdin
Naomi Scott as Jasmine
Will Smith as The Genie
This is seriously happening?

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Two new characters not in the original film will be in the film.

Nasim Pedrad (former Saturday Night Live performer) is playing Mara, Jasmine's handmaiden.
Billy Magnussen (Birth of the Dragon) is playing Prince Anders.

You know... with all the CGI in that trailer, I'm surprised it's being labelled as "live action".
Damned thing looked exactly like the cartoon from 25 years ago.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
You know... with all the CGI in that trailer, I'm surprised it's being labelled as "live action".
Damned thing looked exactly like the cartoon from 25 years ago.

And The Jungle Book? This will be more live action than that one.

Never mind looking the same, the fact that the tiger cave looks like it's grown out of the side of a dune rather than out of the flat ground makes it look worse.